It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object in sky captivates locals

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReligiousHoax

You clearly indicated on page 7 that you thought the ADG UK video was a hoax. You also drew the conclusion that since the uploader is from the UK, that the video must be too:

Actually it was first posted on page 4 by me and I will stand by any video that ADG(UK) posts on youtube is a hoax.

In fact I wasn't sure I was going to find this but this is enough evidence to prove he posts hoax videos...

Do you need more proof?

Just for the heck of it I found you a little more proof....

Pay close attention to what is said starting at 1:07 mark then look at what this uploader says the video is about..

Is this enough proof for you?

edit on 23-10-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Of course I don't know the protocol for dealing with aliens.

For most unknown objects I do believe the first action would be contacting the craft if possible. Then yeah I think they would attempt to force it down before they started firing rockets in populated areas. I could be wrong but I'm just going on common sense here.

I've stated many times before that I don't believe it's alien at all. I think it's some experimental drone or scientific balloon.

At this point I'm just curious what it is and where it went.

Yeah I was in the army so I do know a little about procedure.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The thing in this thread was flying for hours and traveled quite a distance. The 2nd video says the things float for 20 minutes or so then fall to the earth.

edit on 23-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

The thing in this thread was flying for hours and traveled quite a distance. The 2nd video says the things float for 20 minutes or so then fall to the earth.

Well then if this thing was in the air and then fell to Earth that should tell you something right there.

What puts a red flag on the story is the fact not one person has come forward and said they found this large object after it fell. Also do you not think you would see a large military presence in the area that the object fell in?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Well then if this thing was in the air and then fell to Earth that should tell you something right there.

What puts a red flag on the story is the fact not one person has come forward and said they found this large object after it fell. Also do you not think you would see a large military presence in the area that the object fell in?

The reply you are replying to had nothing to do with the subject of this thread

That was regarding videos that were unrelated.
There are no reports of the subject of this thread falling to earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Regarding the UK video...

The shots this guy is using in this video are not his original content. He is posting content he grabbed from pictures shown in the news, and some from mufon, which were taken by other witnesses.

It makes sense that if the subject interests him, he would make his own video with the other content. It is likely he makes a habit of this, based on his other videos.

Just because he is not discerning about what content he grabs to repost, does not mean that EVERYTHING he copies is faked. It just means he will repost anything whether it is fake or not.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure where all of the hostility and demeaning attacks are coming from in this thread.
I don't recall anyone saying "OMG aliens!!!!".
This thread is intended (at least I gather from what the OP posted in the OP's posts since then) to be an investigation, and a collection of data regarding the incident.

I think we are all just interested to find out what it was that puzzled so many witnesses. I was actually leaning more towards the possibility of some kind of drone myself. I'm very curious as to what it is, and what it was doing over American air space. I do not buy the balloon explanation, based on the witness accounts of its movements, or lack of movement. I even would consider the explanation posted about some kind of flying life form, as we are constantly discovering new life forms here on earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Any kind of investigation or information gathering is helpful.

This is an additional step I took personally:

I noticed the credits on one of the images:
Kyle Lovern/Williamson Daily News
And saw that this person has a published email on the News web site.
So I emailed him:
==================

Good Evening Mr. Lovern,

I am very intrigued by your photo and article regarding the object witnessed in the sky over Williamson on Tuesday afternoon.

Do you have any followups regarding that event?
Were you able to determine what it was, or do you have any further information?
Do you have any other information regarding planes that were seen flying around the object?

If you possibly have any further information, I would greatly appreciate it for research regarding events such as these.
The circumstances surrounding this event seem unusual.

Thank you!

===========

This was his reply:

10/22/2012 9:24 AM

No further information ... there were a lot of witnesses from Williamson, WV to Virgie and Elkhorn City, KY.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't think this was posted before.
There is not much new, other than another news site reporting regarding witnesses.

www.wchstv.com...

Eastern Kentucky Residents Report UFO Sighting

Some eastern Kentucky residents spotted something unusual in the sky on Tuesday.

An unidentified flying object was reportedly seen by several residents in Pike County, according to the Appalachian News-Express. Officials told the newspaper that they have no way to verify the reported sightings of the object. The Kentucky State Police Post 9 in Pikeville reportedly received five phone calls about the object, the newspaper said.

The UFO was spotted in Pike and Letcher counties. Residents described it as a transparent cylindrical object that changed in brightness. One person was able to take a picture of it with a high-powered telescope.

The News-Express contacted officials with the U.S. Department of Defense in Washington, D.C., and the Kentucky Air National Guard and were told the agencies had no information on unidentified objects in the sky over eastern Kentucky.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
From Tina Jones Fletcher

I was on the 4 lane heading to Belfry Middle School, my 6 year old daughter was in the back seat and told me about it, we were around Wendy's at that time. I watched it for a minute while driving and said "I need to pull over and look at this thing" we pulled over at Moore's, just below Food City. By this time, it was moving upward and farther away from us. We watched it in the sky until somewhere around the Marathon Station, just below the Middle School, where we lost sight of it because of the mountains. We dropped my older daughter off at the Middle School, headed back down the road and I told my 6 year old to change sides so she could look out the other side of the car, to see if she could find it in the sky again. She somewhere around South Williamson she yelled, "There it is again!" So I pulled over just before the you get to ARH and we watched it and I tried to video tape it (but it was on my phone and didn't really show up because I couldn't zoom) --I live at Roger Park area in Turkey Creek, so I decided to go back home, couldn't see it there, so I decided to ride back out to ARH and watch it some more but on my way out, my neighbor was standing there with binoculars and I asked him, "Are you seeing the mirror in the sky?" We watche d it there for 20-30 minutes, it finally was lost begind the clouds. Several planes flew close to it while we were there too.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The image in this article, shows a screen shot of the News-Express paper, which shows that this was the front-page news article on October 19.

I....
I guess I can't link to the image.
Oh well.
It is just interesting that it made it to the hard copy of the newspaper.
edit on 10/23/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Sorry to rudely reply to myself, but I wanted to append that post to say...

Of course I would not rule out that this is otherwordly, until there is proof as to what it is... Keeping an open mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here's another article I don't know if it's been posted but this part seems odd....

Police say they weren't able to find the object, and airport leaders say they don't have any records of aircraft flying through the area at the time.

www.wkyt.com...

Why did they feel the need to say there are no records of aircraft flying through the area?

I smell bs.

Edit - I just can't get a thought out of my head. Why did the reporter use the term "airport leaders"?
I know it may only be a choice of words but I would have said "airport officials".

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They say they don't have any records of aircraft flying through the area at the time. So it seems the "airport leaders" do acknowledge something was in the area correct? Can we all agree on that point at least?

There are witnesses who say there was aircraft in the area at the time and I believe them...

I don't have any idea but I believe that those airplanes were diffinitly interested in it.While I was there my cousin said they had seen 16 fly by it.

Several jets appeared to fly in the vicinity of the UFO. Contrails could be seen zigzagging all around the object. This made for much speculation by those who witnessed the strange, airborne object.

it stayed there till about 5:30/45pm when we saw a plain and it seemed to not come back after that! it was crazy, never saw anything like it before!!! It also seemed to be very shiny and tube like.

(I was tempted to correct the spelling but it's a quote.
)

THIS LIGHT JUST DISAPPEARED WHEN AN AIRPLANE HAPPEN TO BE FLYING BY.

Several planes flew close to it while we were there too.

Those are just quotes from the witnesses already posted on this thread.
How can the airport leaders say there were no planes in the area at the time? Why would they say there were no planes in the area?

It's getting a little spooky.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Russian leader claims he was visited by Aliens

Ilyumzhinov says the aliens visited him at his home on the balcony of his apartment inside of a transparent tube in Moscow.

Mr. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, President:

1. World Chess Federation (FIDE)
  2. Buddhist Kalmykia in southern Russia

I don't think you can have more credentials than this guy.

This is contact at the highest level and it was totally ignored

edit on 24-10-2012 by reject because: respect

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Why did they feel the need to say there are no records of aircraft flying through the area?

Because the reporter has no idea what he is talking about. There were obviously aircraft flying through the area.

I smell bs.

Quite rightly. This reporter did no research whatsoever. He merely repeated the initial report from the Appalachian News-Express verbatim, using slightly simpler words. Note how "amateur astronomer" gets shortened to "astronomer." It is a small but important difference.

Edit - I just can't get a thought out of my head. Why did the reporter use the term "airport leaders"?
I know it may only be a choice of words but I would have said "airport officials".

Because if he said " officials have no information as to what the object may have been," it would have been outright plagiarism. Officials = leaders, right? In short, not only does this article contain no new information, it distorts what is actually known.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Because the reporter has no idea what he is talking about. There were obviously aircraft flying through the area.

It is becoming more difficult to say it was just a weather balloon or solar balloon or something mundane.

Now it would appear we are going to take cheap shots at professional reporters.

The reporter is not the person who said there were no planes in the area at the time he is merely reporting the information given to him by the "airport leaders". Those are the people you should question if they are in fact people.

I agree there were planes in the area as do many witnesses even you feel there must have been planes in the area so why would the airport personnel deny there were planes?

Sounds like a cover-up or as we like to call it here on ats it's a conspiracy.

edit on 24-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It is becoming more difficult to say it was just a weather balloon or solar balloon or something mundane.

That certainly seems to be some peoples''s goal.

Now it would appear we are going to take cheap shots at professional reporters.

The person who wrote that article is obviously not a professional journalist. They simply copied the earlier news story and changed the words ever so slightly. There is no evidence the "reporter" did any investigation at all.

The reporter is not the person who said there were no planes in the area at the time he is merely reporting the information given to him by the "airport leaders". Those are the people you should question if they are in fact people.

Those people do not exist. Have you ever heard of the job title "Airport Leader?" The "reporter" simply rephrased the original report in an ignorant fashion.

I agree there were planes in the area as do many witnesses even you feel there must have been planes in the area so why would the airport personnel deny there were planes?

Which airport? There are several private airfields in the vicinity. Which one has "leaders" who could be interviewed?

Sounds like a cover-up or as we like to call it here on ats it's a conspiracy.

No, it's just that some folks can't tell the difference between actual reporting and garbled rumors.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
After watching several of the videos, reading the vast majority of replies to this thread I suddenly remembered where I had heard about craft of that particular shape. It is long and cylindrical, with certain "brighter" areas surrounding it.
Exactly like in the Lacerta files, which I am sure you will be aware of, but if not it is definitely worth a read.

www.whale.to...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join