It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange found on Mars by curiosity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I saw this vid on the weather.com website. Apparently while digging on Mars, Curiosity has imaged an anomalous object. I will not venture a guess what this is. What it most probably is, is a piece of cloth from the spacecraft. But it could be something else..........

www.weather.com...

Nothing has shown up on space websites yet regarding this, if they do I will update this thread. IMHO it does look somewhat organic. But it could just be a piece of plastic that came off the sky crane or from the heat shield that blew there in the wind. But its interesting. There is no info given on the scale so its hard to tell.
edit on 19-10-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

It's a Rock!

Isn't that the pat answer? Obviously this is Not a rock. I'd like a better blown up picture though

Looks like a shell of some kind perhaps.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is this the same thing I've been seeing on a.t.s. for the last week or so?At first they thought it was a piece of curiosity now they say it isn't?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Not sure, this is the first I have seen of it, I did a site search to see if anyone has posted on this, found nothing, if someone did, my apologies.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It has been discussed on here and a few other sites before, but that is by far the best picture of it I have seen. Good find OP...that deserves a S & F!

It doesn't look like soil to me. My first gut reaction is that it is indeed something from the rover or perhaps debris from the parachutes of one of the other probes we have sent over the years. It kinda looks cloth like to me for some reason.

Just my first guess. I have no idea so...guess we wait and here what NASA has to say...you know "Never A Straight Answer"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Looks like part of an old water bottle... Water on mars!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Looks like another used condom on mars .... very odd

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's a space booger!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics