It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Change, if Jesus Is FOUND To be Real?,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Regardless of whether Jesus is real or not, I agree with the teachings attributed to him. I *try* to live by those teachings (and fail many times I confess), so how I live wouldn't change. If it was proven beyond a doubt, obviously I would be a believer instead of an agnostic. Would it change my view of religion? Absolutely not. I firmly believe Jesus would do a major face palm at how we have screwed up his original teachings within organized religion.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Let's get right down to it. Since many claim that Jesus is, in fact, god, I believe you are asking if I would change if I knew this god of the bible were real. Hell yes! This frightening entity would have me on my knees 24 hours a day, for the rest of my life.

This is why I dare say that the true believers now aren't really true believers. If they truly believed, then they would live with their faces pressed to the ground in worship of him while singing endless praises, and remain in total fear of him, right down to their core.

Here's a god that can turn you into a pillar of salt on just a whim. He has proven that he is not above drowning you, or placing excruciating plagues upon you and your loved ones. This Jesus/slash/god has proven that he can cure one blind man, but wouldn't want to cure all blind men. He can bring one man back to life, but decide that your child will remain quite dead.

I would tremble in fear when looking upon an attractive woman other than my wife. Why, because this god can read my mind, and seeing as he created me with human desires, my mind would definitely think of doing naughty things with this woman. This biblical god knows when you covet another man's wife or his goods. And, poof!, you're suddenly a big crunchy piece of toast in hell.

If this god were real I would quickly learn how to love him while living in utter fear of him. As Jesus stated, the most important commandment is to love your god with all your heart, mind and soul. This is not a request; it's a command to love that big megalomaniac in the sky.

I just thank my lucky stars that it's all bunch of crap.
edit on 10/20/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/20/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You can't believe in him unless you were called by Father. All those who are called do not want to go to Gehenna. Fear of the judgement that is on us is a natural reaction to those living in sin who do not wish to perish. The entire point of Jesus not being here is to make those of us who want to be with him walk by faith and not by sight. This was one of the reasons the temple was destroyed.

So - there's no equality in the matter...?
If you're not "called by Father", tough sh*t. You wouldn't have wanted to be with Jesus anyway...
"Father" must have created you (those not called...) with an alterior motive/purpose - like - to make those that are/were "called"...special. Chosen generation, Royal Priesthood...and all...
I guess those that are "called" are the ones that were invited to the party -- I mean feast -- I mean, wedding/celebration... And those that are not "called", are kinda like fillers, or background, or "the audience".
Hmmm... Doesn't sound much like "free will" to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Will You Change, if Jesus Is FOUND To be Real?,,

I already know He's real so it wouldn't change me except that I'd be happy
that more people had come to know that His story is real .. and all that goes with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Let me tell you a story, I grew up knowing about Jesus went to a few different churches growing up whatever was close, asked the folks one time why they didn't go and was told they knew everything about church, but never talked about God. Grew up in the 70's or should I say came of age then. Smoking, drinking, sticking needles in my arms. The whole 70's drugs, sex, rock and roll. This continued on until the mid eighties, I was dealing coke that was so pure that if you did a dimes worth you would go into a seizure. You didn’t hear the plumbing ring you heard the Mayans singing. What had started out as being fun when I was younger had become a prison of dependency. I would do benders that lasted 3 to 4 days and then I would swear it off and be right back at it after a couple of days of recovery, even got a bleeding lung infection from freebasing and spit up blood for three days only to go right back at it when I was able to hold a needle without shoving it through my vein. All that changed on august 10th 1986. But that my friend is another story all together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join