It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Change, if Jesus Is FOUND To be Real?,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Im not religous but am wondering what would i do if irrefutable proof was delivered to the Public that Jesus was real.

Would I change my belief system and way of living? Would I change my views towards religion?

How would you answer these questions?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

What's irrefutable proof to some isn't to others.
If it was enough to convince me then no I wouldn't change anything. That's when you become a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Never really doubted the fact he was real...

Just his abilities I guess...

I kinda feel like he was an herbalist or something...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The better question would be;

"If the REAL truth was revealed about a man named Jesus, would you change your belief system?"

Proving beyond all doubt that the currently known Jesus exist would not sway anyone.
As what is portrayed is not what people prescribe to as proof of current Christianity numbers.

However, if the REAL truth of what and whom Jesus was told...
Then I believe some would change their belief system...
But then again... So would the institution of Christianity.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If jesus is proven to be real and what the bible says is all true? No, feel free to damn me to hell, i will not worship that god who doesnt care about anything but himself.

If hes proven to be real, but the bible mostly lied? and he was this guy teaching us how to cure people with marijuana infused annointing oils, and teaching us to achieve real happiness, more buddhist than christian? Well, im already living that way (withouut the marijuana of course lmao)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Best answer so far....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No I wouldn't change I wouldn't want to spend forever with a group of people who look like they are having seizures on the floor
edit on 19/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Even if Jesus was proven to be real.

That does not prove that
A) he was divine
B) that any god exists

So basically...nothing would change about my life.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Obviously if He was proven to be real with, for example, a second coming, I'd be very impressed and submit.

I think he'd have to put on quite a performance though, because with modern technology almost anything can be staged.

I'd hope he wouldn't expect too much, like having to reject my family who might not submit.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would just say I'll be damned I was wrong. Then I would ask him how someone who is supposed to be so loving could turn a blind eye to children starving in third world nations.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Im not religous but am wondering what would i do if irrefutable proof was delivered to the Public that Jesus was real.

Would I change my belief system and way of living? Would I change my views towards religion?

I would be pretty happy, actually. I think most pagans would. Jesus was an amazing pagan that destroyed the prevailing oppressive religion at the time.

Many people died in his name and I'd like to hear what his opinion on that would be. I would also get a kick out of him reprimanding all of the bastardized churches and cults that use his death to control others instead of preaching love.

ps edit - I just realized I didn't really answer the question. I first thought the question was more like a "what if he returned" scenario. Sorry.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Cuervo because: a

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As a Christian my entire adult life, I have come to appreciate that God asks us to believe without the benefit of a "personal demonstration". In the absence of free will, or free choice, then God could have turned us all into automatons and we may not have the opportunities we have now. Also, as a parent, I have to let my kids make some mistakes so they can learn. I make no claim whatsoever to have the level of patience or other positive characteristics attributed to God, so I could never allow suffering, death, disease, etc. if I had the foreknowledge or ability to prevent it. This is another example of God at His best, however, because He can take the worst outcome as well as the worst behavior and use it to encourage someone, directly or otherwise, and they can then go and help others with similar situations who may have had nowhere to go before.

Finally, in response to comments that God basically turns His back on some of us to the point of death and dying, remember that as a Christian I believe once other Christians die they get to go to Heaven. At that time, any and all suffering is rewarded and forgotten. Well worth it.

Everyone has to make their own decision, but as I mentioned earlier tonight in another thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...), what is actually riding on your answer and in the end (pardon the pun) who would REALLY want to be wrong if Christians are right?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Someone getting Jebus and "God" all confused again.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
If jesus is proven to be real and what the bible says is all true? No, feel free to damn me to hell, i will not worship that god who doesnt care about anything but himself.

If hes proven to be real, but the bible mostly lied? and he was this guy teaching us how to cure people with marijuana infused annointing oils, and teaching us to achieve real happiness, more buddhist than christian? Well, im already living that way (withouut the marijuana of course lmao)

Correction : he actualy care more about you and everyone else first then himself
he is not a god but egual to everyone on the planet
if he ask you one day .. will you be my friend ?
will you accept ? or spit on him ?

Love is far better then Hate my friend
thats the only thing he will teach you

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The correct answer is simple:

Taking reward causes suffering. Suffering work creates reward.

Define Jesus and love. Love can only give and receive, which is the defining aspect of suffering work for reward. God's will is always to give and receive, but never take. We suffer a job for our family. We suffer a car payment for transportation. Working for our opportunities in life is suffering on purpose.

Define the opposite of Jesus and Love. The will to take is opposite that of God. Taking rewards and self-gratifying behaviors creates debt that must be paid. Smoke and you get cancer. Drink and you destroy your liver. Avoid work and you do not eat. Steal money and the ultimate debt steals your conscience and future success. Taking reward causes a debt that must be paid.

Jesus is real and the name defines the character. Taking the name in vain means taking the name apart from the character to demonstrate love. Only a fool would live apart from the character of the name of Jesus. Jesus is real and can be demonstrated in law. The hallmark of scripture is the law of God, which can be verified by experience and the demonstration of truth in our everyday lives. Follow the tread of this law and truth to see that Jesus verifies Himself to anyone who dares to live by the law of love for the benefit of others over the thievery of living for self.

Give me one example of how this is incorrect. Fault Christ in any way. The name demonstrates the character and we see this alive in billions of souls around the world.

We are thieves. The two thieves on the cross represent each of us. One thief believed and one denied the name. Only one was saved.

edit on 20-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You'll get your irrefutable proof when he shows up on the Mt. of Olives in Israel, provided you're still alive to see it, because what proceeds that day will be a war like no other, 3/4 of the worlds population will be gone by that point and according to scripture it appears to be a real possibility of a nuclear holocaust. Jesus doesn't return until mankind has nearly obliterated itself and he has to step in to keep us from going into extinction.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Was thinking about the polar opposite of this question earlier today…

If it were “proven” that Jesus was real (which would need to be further qualified with – that some generally accepted story proffered by Christianity at large were true…and acceptance of the life, crucifixion & resurrection…with the resulting sentences/rewards of eternal Heaven & eternal Hell hung in the balance)…my “belief” might change…
Don’t know about my “belief system” though.

Would my “way of living” change?
Don’t think so.

I spent the first 50+ years of my life “believing” (and espousing and teaching and defending) that story… And, while I never lived up to the epitomal righteousness/holiness I hoped (believed) would result from said devotion/dedication…not much of my character, behavior and/or morality (for lack of a better word) have changed…since rejecting the tale.

I might be more “open-minded” toward religion…in the sense of asking “what have I overlooked?”…and “what should I overlook?”… But, I would remain very wary of any and all religions and religious concepts.

edit on 10/20/2012 by WanDash because: Fonting issues

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Correction : he actualy care more about you and everyone else first then himself
he is not a god but egual to everyone on the planet
if he ask you one day .. will you be my friend ?
will you accept ? or spit on him ?

Love is far better then Hate my friend
thats the only thing he will teach you

You do realize that there are as many versions of this tale...as there are Tellers - don't you?
Why do you limit the options to "accept" or "spit"?
Are these the only options you count valid?
It would be nice if the OP's scenario came to pass in such a way that...everyone liable for their own life had an opportunity to "witness" Jesus for three years (as did [reportedly] his disciples... -- who got the lion's share of glory seats in Heaven, I've been told), and ask any and all questions of him pertinent to "present & eternal life" and decisions regarding the same.
Aside from such an opportunity, however, I don't see that fairness, equity or even-handedness are, or ever were, a part of the game...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No.

That would be a one way ticket to hell.

Believing in Jesus, for the sake of not going to hell is just as bad as not believing at all I would think..

For the layman like me whose agnostic anyway...

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
No.

That would be a one way ticket to hell.

Believing in Jesus, for the sake of not going to hell is just as bad as not believing at all I would think..

For the layman like me whose agnostic anyway...

~Tenth

You can't believe in him unless you were called by Father. All those who are called do not want to go to Gehenna. Fear of the judgement that is on us is a natural reaction to those living in sin who do not wish to perish. The entire point of Jesus not being here is to make those of us who want to be with him walk by faith and not by sight. This was one of the reasons the temple was destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join