It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIll the Antichrist be the most honorable man who had ever lived?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This scenario keeps replaying in my head over and over and I can't figure out why it could never be a possibility. I'm hoping some of the brilliant minds at ATS who are more knowledgeable (or logical) than me will swiftly debunk this, but I'm pretty convinced that it's possible, and if nothing else this would make for a cool movie plot

So right before the end times, the Antichrist is supposed to reign over the planet. People are supposed to reject God, wear the mark of the beast and other things. Then, a sequence of events occurs, Jesus returns and saves every Christian (or generally good) person, and they live happily ever after in heaven. It's an attractive scenario for Christians, this notion that the cold world we live in is actually a Hell on Earth on the brink of eternal transformation, thanks to Jesus' return in the very near future, which is why IMO it's apparently been preached to be the "end times" since the beginning of Christianity.

In fact, for many Christians, it doesn't really get any better than this. The world in general is indeed hostile to religious folk and those who try to maintain a moral compass, and life is cursed with temptations around every corner. Many Christians probably feel like they are constantly swimming upstream in this life simply trying to follow their beliefs (probably different for those who truly walk with God-- this may be more for those who follow out of fear).

Now, imagine one Christian individual who you may regard as extremist. He REALLY views the world this way, but at the same time wants to help other suffering Christians out. He figures if no one does anything, they will continue to suffer in our twisted world and it could be another 2000 years before Jesus returns.

So he decides to make the ultimate sacrifice for humanity's sake: become the Antichrist himself.

Bear with me: this is still a God-fearing Christian, only that his views are distorted to the point of extremist. So, similar to the Dark Knight, he believes that he does what is necessary for the good of humanity, even though humanity may PERCEIVE him as the ultimate evil in the long run. The act in his eyes is so completely selfless that he may even sacrifice his very soul to usher in these end times. But every messed up thing he does is secretly out of love and sympathy for the meek Christians, hoping to fulfill the prophecy of Revelations and see that they get the salvation they've been waiting for for thousands of years. He takes over the planet, learns how to socially manipulate people and control crowds, destroys all outlets of truth online, spews propaganda showing signs and wonders, etc etc. (pretty much every PTB conspiracy on this site). Slowly eliminates our spirituality through a palatable material scientific agenda and slowly introduces the mark of the beast once it's generally accepted by the public. Setting the stage up for Jesus' return, he believes he'll finally give Christians the ultimate gift, at the ultimate price.

I don't know, it seems insane but certainly plausible enough that at least one person in history has thought to actually pursue this. The only other source I can think of that mentions anything remotely among these lines is from a random Ben Fulford/Wilcock interview, in which Ben talked about some secret, powerful and crazy groups believing in a gog/magog prophecy they were hoping to act out themselves throughout the planet. Other than that I haven't heard anything along these lines... what say you guys, ATS???

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sounds like Obama you just described.Maybe change it from Christian extremist to Muslim extremist, then your theory would be even more like him!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

To me anti-christ is any one who either denies Christ outright or stands against the mans message and principles. It just makes sense. Anti- Against, Christ. Against Christ and Christian values of providing for the poor and widowed, hungry oppressed and the children. Against faith, charity, hope and love with the greatest of these being love.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Look up here under "Qualities of a Ruler".

Things that make ya go "Hmmmm?????"!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That does sound like it would make for an entertaining movie, as long as it was R rated.

Interesting idea and one I can't say I've ever heard put forth before, if it happens and I'm forced to take the Mark of the Beast I'll be sure to hold you accountable ; )

One major problem I have with the whole Anti-Christ scenario you laid out would be the fact that there are already so many rich and powerful people performing the public service of creating a Hell on Earth that the wait in line would dissuade your average Joe hoping to usher in the End Times.

Star and Flag for planting the seeds of Righteous Evil? Heavenly Damnation? in some ATS'er looking for a way to work towards " The Greater Good"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
That's a scary thought. There have been some pretty horrible people to date.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

well then.. that's an idea. however, being the antichrist is the ultimate deceiver it's very possible he will in fact be wearing christian clothes. Whether he himself believes he's doing the will of the christian god.. I would not begin to speculate on that. In order to unify the 3 most popular and common religions ( Christian, Muslim and Judaism) he's gonna have to start at the sons of Abraham and spin a rather good tale I would imagine. I'm not sure that we are close enough yet to see the true anti-christ
edit on 19-10-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Son of Perdition, or Man of Lies, better known as the Antichrist will be whoever goes into God's temples and proclaims himself to be God; abomination of desolation.

This man will also have a false prophet who precedes him.

Some believe that most if not all of the events in Revelation occurred already and the Son of Perdition was Nero the Roman Emperor.

Most believe that the events have not transpired and Solomon's Temple will be rebuilt and the Son of Perdition will fulfill the prophecy that speaks of the Abomination of Desolation which is the ultimate sacrilegious offense to God.

These two will appear honorable, and perform many false miracles (reviving from a fatal wound to the head) to fool many, and even create peace. Then their true colors will be revealed, so the short answer is no.
edit on 19-10-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thanks for all of the replies! I think there might have been a little bit of confusion about the scenario I was proposing... it's not that I'm suggesting a wolf in sheep's clothing situation, but in fact the exact opposite, a sheep in wolf's clothing, acting out the role of the antichrist following the exact descriptions in the prophecy. Of course, in this day and age any blatant "antichrist actions" would be quickly found out, so to make it work, the deceiver may in fact end up looking more like a sheep-in-wolf-in-sheep's clothing! (sorry to be so meta about this
)

To illustrate a more simplistic (but equally messed up) scenario, imagine a deranged serial killer who was actually hardcore Christian, and believed in his mind that he is doing the ultimate favor for other good Christians by murdering them so that they may end their suffering on Earth and enter heaven sooner rather than later. He knows he's probably going to Hell for this, but he's so selfless that he's willing to sacrifice himself for this "great" cause.

Basically take that scenario and expand it to the bigger role of the antichrist. How he actually appears is irrelevant-- what I'm getting at is more the man's intention behind his role. He could be perceived as the by-the-book antichrist but that still doesn't speak to his intention. I suppose God would know, but maybe he's kept it from us because that knowledge would be distracting from the primary message to hear in the Bible?
edit on 20-10-2012 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
IMO.....

the "anti Christ" as well as the "messiah" are forces of human development. There will be a first of each, but they are a mind set, and a step in the fork in the road in either direction as far as evolution. I would imagine that both of them would be pretty impressive depending on what you value. Both would be the next generation of humanity. The new standard....

I don't get why people find this subject so taboo.....WTF.

It is normal to discuss this. Especially here with all the doom and gloom we accept as possibilities, yet when it comes to something every culture has prophesized about in their own way......we choke.....

It is coming, weather by force of repetition or by natural development.....it is coming...deal with it.
edit on 20-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What makes people think it will definitely be a man? Could be a woman.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

yes he/she could.....he could be a woman, a poor Haitian, a Rothschild, a "loser" living in his moms basement, a construction worker from Chicago, a gay rights activist, a priest, a criminal.....anyone.

it is the spirits choice.....

EDIT:
It all depends on what he does after the "spirit" is with him that will define him.
edit on 20-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
What makes people think it will definitely be a man? Could be a woman.

Hi Bilky/

I understand that in Revelation it says ....''Antichrist',
he who comes in the place of Christ (Matt, 24,15-24; Mark 13,14-22; 2 Thes 3-11; 1 John 2,18; Rev.13,1-8)

Jesus Christ was a man....
Antichrist will come IN-PLACE of Christ...he also shall be a man whom SOME will see him as a MESSIAH long awaited.

If we were to believe in Scripture, then we definitely should not assume that we can alter meanings of Scripture...ANTI also means IN PLACE OF ....
So, IN PLACE of Christ, will be the ANTICHRIST....

ICXC NIKA

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If we look at the prophecies, it's clear that the anti-christ will appear to be a "savior type". He will have most of the world following him, thinking he will "make everything better".

In order to get so many to follow him, he will undoubtedly be part of one of the major religions and since it's Christianity that it pertains to, he will appear to be the "ultimate Christian". Something along the lines of a tv evangilist, most likely one of the extremist, fundamentalist, born-again, bible thumping, right winged individuals that pulls together the ignorant masses that thump the bible instead of read it. They're building him up right now and don't even realize it.

He'll be the one that brings many different belief systems together and converts billions to the warped view of Christianity that exists today. He's going to be akin to a Bible-belt conservative who is able to quickly demonize anyone who is a real threat. He'll turn people against the traditional views of Christ with his distortions and interpretations. He'll be similar to George Bush in the way he drags people in to his camp. The extremist right wing loved that guy, a total moron who was no more Christian than my pickup truck is. But people believed he was because he was just as dumb and backwards as they were and had the same warped view they had.

The majority of Christians today have no concept of what the bible says because they haven't read it. They SAY they read it, they SAY they read it every night, but they don't. They know they're supposed to say that, but they don't actually do it. The little bit of reading they DO is from the new "easy translations" that have been altered to the point that they are no more a translation of the bible than the local telephone book is. But, they believe it is and they thump it and thump it and thump it.

Your theory is very plausible and very likely to be the way it happens. The anti-christ is going to believe he's doing the right thing. When the **** hits the fan, we'll see his real character (just like we did with bush). That's when the "evil" will come out. He'll kill, he'll destroy, he'll wipe out all that is truely good in favor of his extremist views that aren't Christian at all (but coincide perfectly with the fundamentalist evangelicals... who aren't Christian either).

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Honorable?? How could he be considered honorable when he is supposed to remove the heads of millions of people who reject his authority and claims of divinity?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

According to the Bible he will be a Muslim. Many of the 33 titles the Bible uses for him are Muslim "king of Tyre" (Lebanon), "king of Babylon" (Iraq), and "prince of Persia" (Iran), and the nations his "base" will be from are Muslim nations today.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Double.

edit on 20-10-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I suggest you read Joel Richardson's books on the matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hate to break it to you...well, actually, I don't hate it at all.... but country of origin does not determine religion, especially back in the biblical days. The terms do not denote Muslim at all, chances are, he's going to be a born-again fundamentalist evangelical and there are plenty to choose from that already fit the description of the kind of hatred and violence that will end up being displayed...

I HATE, HATE, HATE the fundamentalist evangelical group for the damage they have done to Christianity. I hate their blasphemy, I hate their hypocrisy, I hate their evil nature. They are NOT What Christ envisioned and that group itself may be the anti-christ as a whole instead of a single person.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
the source of the anti-christ would have to be a child; the younger the better, apparently.

by association with that child, the person or groups you get to see on television would be as innocent and good and honorable as that child. but that person or group would NOT be the antichrist...the child would be the antichrist and anyone that actually tried to do something about the child would be a psychopath...its a slippery slope.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join