It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thief Frogmarched to Police wearing sign of shame

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A boss who frogmarched an employee to the police station wearing a Thief sign around his neck says the stunt has left him on the edge of bankruptcy

In 2008 Mark Gilbert stole £845 from his employer and his boss Frogmarched him to the police station with the sign
His actions on that day resulted in

Gilbert was handed a caution for stealing from his employer while Mr Cremer, who runs In House Flooring, was cleared by a court of wrongful imprisonment

A Caution is basically being told off by the Police
Skip forward four years and the thief has taken his former employer to the Civil Courts and has won £5000 compensation and his former employer has been ordered to pay £40.000 in court costs

'I have ended up being the one who has been punished for this - it is an ongoing nightmare for me. Perhaps, in hindsight, it was the wrong decision but I would do it again if I caught someone stealing from me.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
This is beyond insane when you can be cleared by a Higher Court and then sued by a Thief through Civil Court and have to pay a thief £5000 for stealing from you

Cran

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Welcome to the claim culture,not one of Americas finest exports.
The thieving toad really is laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
so he handcuffed the guy and basically held him against his will, forced marched the guy and humiliated him in public and he thought this was a great idea...

Next time let the police do there job numbnuts.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

so he handcuffed the guy and basically held him against his will, forced marched the guy and humiliated him in public and he thought this was a great idea...

What's wrong with holding a thief against his will and publicly humiliating him?......I think it's a great idea!

You are perfectly entitled to make a citizens arrest in the UK......maybe the next time this thief wants to rip his employer off he might not think that that is such a great idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
First...what is a frog-march?

Was the man tied up and forced to walk to the police station with a sign
around his neck under threat of violence?

Why didn't the man just refuse?

If he was under threat of violence, then sorry, the employer is just as guilty
as the thief. As much as I hate to pay taxes to fund the police and judicial system
they are there for a reason...and in this case they did their job.

edit on 19-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
extreme measures cause extreme circumstances. you reep what you sow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

With all the torie cuts maybe he thought he'd save the taxpayer a few quid.
Citizens arrest nothing the matter with that,maybe if people were more prepared to do this we would have less scumbags willing to rob and commit violent crimes.Providing they didn't get compensated with more than five times what the stole.
The laws an ass sometimes.
edit on 19/10/2012 by glen200376 because: Fat android finger

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

What's wrong with holding a thief against his will and publicly humiliating him?......I think it's a great idea!

You are perfectly entitled to make a citizens arrest in the UK......maybe the next time this thief wants to rip his employer off he might not think that that is such a great idea.

well what's wrong with it is YOU end up on the wrong side of the law....let the police deal with these things, that's why we pay taxes....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmmm I would call the employer a thief. All capitalist employers are thieves, protected by the law.

When you work for an hourly wage, you are not paid the full amount for your labour. Workers are paid less than what they produce in order for the capitalist to make profit. What the worker produces over what they are paid for is called 'surplus value'. That is what is considered labour exploitation.

Labour creates wealth, not the capitalist owners and bosses. We pay for their wealth with our labour.

The capitalists have been thieving from the working class for 250+ years.

Mark Gilbert deserved all he got.

edit on 10/19/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Great minds think alike!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ps, it would also help the employers case if he could get his sh!t together with the billboard..AM "I am" or "I'm..wait a minute, maybe he stole the money before 12 AM...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

There's a part of me that wants to be on your side. But the employer crossed the line by putting the
sign around his neck. Social justice REQUIRES the "innocent until proven guilty" part.

So if you catch a red-handed thief, you can make a citizens arrest. But he is only an accused
thief until a judge or jury rules....it sucks that....but that's the way IT HAS to be. Otherwise, why do
we need cops and a judicial system?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Hmmm I would call the employer a thief. All capitalist employers are thieves, protected by the law. When you work for an hourly wage, you are not paid the full amount for your labour. Workers are paid less than what they produce in order for the capitalist to make profit. What the worker produces over what they are paid for is called 'surplus value'. That is what is considered labour exploitation. Labour creates wealth, not the capitalist owners and bosses. We pay for their wealth with our labour. The capitalists have been thieving from the working class for 250+ years. Mark Gilbert deserved all he got.

What a crock!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Next time let the police do there job numbnuts

Maybe but they did not do it well

so he handcuffed the guy and basically held him against his will

Well he actually tied him with rope and
He was cleared by a court of wrongful imprisonment
As i stated this has cost him 45 grand for catching someone thieving
And that is
Insane

Cran

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

There's a part of me that wants to be on your side. But the employer crossed the line by putting the sign around his neck. Social justice REQUIRES the "innocent until proven guilty" part. So if you catch a red-handed thief, you can make a citizens arrest. But he is only an accused thief until a judge or jury rules....it sucks that....but that's the way IT HAS to be. Otherwise, why do we need cops and a judicial system?

The thief admitted his crime to his employer when he was caught red handed.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Mark Gilbert deserved all he got

What a Reward for Thieving
Or do you think he is some sort of modern day Robin Hood

Cran

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

He wasn't rewarded for stealing.

What his boss did was wrong, regardless of what he did.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What a crock!

OK. Can you be a little more specific?

'What a crock' really doesn't add a whole lot to the discussion now does it?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Welcome to the claim culture,not one of Americas finest exports.
The thieving toad really is laughing all the way to the bank.

The claim culture>?

WELCOME TO THE BLAME CULTURE..

Where anything bad that happens is AMERICAS fault hilarious!!

In America the guy would of not got a stern talking to, he would be in jail, given probation, and
then have to give this guy his money back in restitution......!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Fair enough, but you still need a judge or a jury to pass judgement.

All the circumstances have to be looked at. That's why we have a judicial system...to make sure
justice is served. I could do without it myself...I believe I'm a pretty just person with keen sense
of human jurisprudence...but that belief doesn't make me always right, or my judgments correct.

And confessions can be coerced, or faked. We shrugged of the system of justice in the American
old west for a reason....too many screw ups. You and I maybe be honest, but not everyone is.
That's why we put the justice system in place...Use it...that's what it is there for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join