It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about the 2008 war in Georgia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Watch this film to learn what really caused the Agust 2008 war between Russia and Georgia.

www.war080808.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Oct 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by simus

Why do they say its "one of the first documentary Internet-films"? It can't have been made before 2008 hey?

Looks like it has a different side to the story so I should give it a look...

lies of a range of Western mass media and of politicians

edit on 19-10-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Any chance of a quick rundown of the film,then I will decide whether to watch it or not.Remember some members can't watch videos for one reason or another.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well I remember when this happened and the lies flying around was a plenty. I also remember that the Russians in the end were found to be not the villains but the saviours of Sth Ossettia.

Truly if I met a Georgian today I would spit before their feet.. they are Scum!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by simus

I'll check it out tomorrow.
It's something I've always fancied reading up on this.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by simus

I'm not clicking on the link from your very minimal post, but the "truth" about the war in Georgia, from friends of mine with family there, is that the majority of the residents in that area are Russians and actually wanted to be back under Russian rule, but the state of Georgia refused to let it happen. More of a liberation than anything, but of course the Western world doesn't approve of liberations unless its there own idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Very interesting, 5 minutes into the video and I learned more than I ever imagined was going on with this conflict back in 2008.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Any chance of a few spoilers?The o.p. seems to not reply,hell he didn't even give his thoughts or a description!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by simus

I only checked the summary but it stinks at being Russian propaganda. I doubt that it will cover how the Soviets treated Georgians and the background history of South Ossetia, that would put a spotlight on why the problem exists. There is no doubt that Georgia escalated the conflict into the use of force but the problem is a Russian creation, of course there are other ways to deal with an independentist region but Georgia does not have the strength to undermine Russian interference and reacted badly to provocations.

To a degree similar to how Russia reacted to the Chechen independence (not the same causes but the same logic and inability to deal with the issue in a more diplomatic way). In the case of South Ossetia the issue is more grave as they do not seem to want independence but to be annexed...

PS:I'm not an expert or very knowledgeable in the region but this is how I processed the information I've seen. In regards to Chechen conflict I have seen more. That conflict permits me to view how duplicitous the international community is and how atrocious some of the methods of the Russian are.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I know what the war was really about...I was there...cradling dying innocence with red stained hands.
You people wouldn't understand...your soft kind never will. The truth would annihilate you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Anyone see anything in the film about the Russian Soviet machine depopulating the Georgians who lived in the region of South Ossetia during the mid-century purges? Then after starving/slaughtering the native Georgians, moving in native Russians to live there? No? Nor did I. Curious isn't it? This was/is a land grab where the strong, Russia, imposed it's will upon the weak, Georgia.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
There is only one point to understand from any of this: There is no worth in war. When are we going to evolve beyond seeing this as any sort of answer to any sort of problem at all? What the hell is wrong with us?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

The president of Georgia, Mihail Sakashvili, orders an ethnic cleansing against South Ossetia to open up the farmland to Georgians after a sort of political takeover fails. In the week leading up to the planned attack, he pulls out all the ethnically Georgian women and children from the villages surrounding the target area. On the night of the planned attack he gives a speech about how much he loves Ossetians and their history with Georgia, and he would never ever make war on them. Then big surprise the slime bag invades and starts shooting civilians left and right.

Russia swoops in and pushes back the Georgian troops.
Everyone in western media falsely says "this is a Russian invasion of Georgia."

I actually met my Russian professor on or around that day. He was Russian educated and born in Georgia. He said "I can't believe what lies I am seeing on the news, it is like I am in Soviet Union again."

The documentary contains damning facts about Sakashvili and how he lied to cover up his crimes. Also lots of testimony on war crimes by Georgian troops.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by simus

I'm not clicking on the link from your very minimal post, but the "truth" about the war in Georgia, from friends of mine with family there, is that the majority of the residents in that area are Russians and actually wanted to be back under Russian rule, but the state of Georgia refused to let it happen. More of a liberation than anything, but of course the Western world doesn't approve of liberations unless its there own idea.

Elements within America. Remeber congress saw the good zhe evil communists did and the bad the contras did and blocked the administration from throwing a wrench into a flourishing country. Then Iran-contra happened.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
There is only one point to understand from any of this: There is no worth in war. When are we going to evolve beyond seeing this as any sort of answer to any sort of problem at all? What the hell is wrong with us?

We are just a result of the systematic dumbing down that has been forced upon us for hundreds of years. We have been dumbed down so much that any form of evolving is only backwards evolution. That is what's wrong with us !

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well the world isn't a safe place during US elections, isn't it.

Even though Russian, it is a documentary that exposed facts and proof for any statement made in this movie. No one can say that something is propaganda, when you have the proof in front of your eyes.

I just finished watching this documentary, and even though I believed I was informed enough about this conflict, I learned a lot more.

Thanks for this thread and the link, OP.

PS: I am happy that things didn't turn out like in the Balkan war, where exactly the same disinformation campaign and warfare was used by NATO in order to blame one nation over warcrimes they didn't commit.
edit on 21/10/12 by absente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
I know what the war was really about...I was there...cradling dying innocence with red stained hands.
You people wouldn't understand...your soft kind never will. The truth would annihilate you.

Please share
2nd line

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Armed with that knowledge, it would seem like simply making the choice to change that would pretty much do the trick. I'm not saying to start a movement to affect worldwide change. Just simply change yourself. Each one of us can reinvent human behavior. It just starts with you personally. Practice "bad" societal hygiene. Make the world stink with your evolved ways! I know I do.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfie

Wow that's a bit harsh. I had friends that came from Georgia. The story was different than what was being told. Georgia was a prosperous place, new technology, businesses, condos, etc..it had just came out of the middle ages. When Russia came in with tanks and guns, they stole everything they could get their hands on. They even stole light bulbs and electrically sockets. From what it seems, Russia lost control over Georgia and was throwing a temper tantrum. Families were evicted from their residents and fleeing for the mountains and relatives homes. Now please tell me why the Russians were good here?? And why people from Georgia are scum?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I remember this war like yesterday, The Russians laid in wait for the Nato led forces to invade which they did in a spectacular manner.

I was amazed at all the free armory the Russians procured within 10 hours of battle they seized some really fine weaponry, funny thing is it was all Western.

Russia owned that day and there was lots of questions flying around as to why and who started this conflict.

The tie chewer and runner had nothing to do with it, he was a stooge.

Putin called check mate and match all within 24 hours and the western media here ignored that all together.

I detest Nato and my country is a member of this obviously aggressive alliance.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join