It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Save Obama, Democrats Renew Criticism of Intelligence Community

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I didn't say they didn't drop the ball, I'm saying I think it's not beyond reason to think a GOP Senator tried to make Obama look bad.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Do you have any proof of this? Can you provide us with some evidence? Which senator are you accusing?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

You're definitely right about the OP's source being biased

One thing I wanted to point out that the article you posted covered and that's the Al Qaeda connection. The article says there is no evidence that this was an operation by Al Qaeda but to rule them out would be a mistake. Al Qaeda fighters were well known to be amongst the rebel group, the rebel leader says so himself to journalists (but he insists they are all good Muslims
). So right there is confirmation. The next confirmation came when Al Qaeda planted their flag on government buildings.

nation.foxnews.com...

Al Qaeda has a strong presence in Libya and in my opinion this attack wasn't spontaneous but planned for 9/11's 10 year anniversary.

Attack on US Benghazi Consulate Could Have Been Intended to Drive US Out of Libya

www.tripolipost.com...

Further, the attack fits with a broader effort by the Al Qaeda affiliate and the militant group Ansar al-Sharia to establish an Islamic state in eastern Libya, it added.

According to the report, those militants are also capitalising on the proliferation of weapons, including portable surface-to-air missiles called MANPADS, since the Gaddafi regime fell.

Former CIA Director Porter Goss said that the belief that militants were trying to throw the western forces and diplomats from the region 'is a very accurate assessment'.

He said that they likely "are trying to create more sanctuary areas by pushing us out-our diplomats, our military", the report added.

Apparently the Brits suffered attacks in Libya and got the hell outta there but the US will not bow out so easily. Clearly we are still in the Middle East and not looking to leave anytime soon. Attack the US means the US is moving in.

edit on 19-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Since when did evidence matter more than blind hatred?
It's called an opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join