It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Save Obama, Democrats Renew Criticism of Intelligence Community

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Now we have another Obama pearl blaming the intelligence community for the bungled Benghazi reporting by our highest officials.

This, IMO, is dumb and suicidal for Obama supporters.

WHO do we think is running the intelligence community anyway ?

A Republican member of the House intelligence committee is vigorously disputing a new claim by Democrat and fellow committee member Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Illinois that intelligence officials told the committee there had been a “demonstration that was going on” during an attack on the US consulate in Benghazi on 9/11 that killed four Americans.

Jonathan Allen of Politico reported early Wednesday morning that Rep. Schakowsky had blamed faulty intelligence for the Obama administration’s repeated insistence that the attack had been motivated by outrage at an anti-Islamic video. She had added that the House intelligence committee, too, had received the same incorrect information ................

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The same idiots who told Bush about those "weapons of mass destruction"?

Same game, different names, predictable results.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

its cool let them, it will all come out in the hearings......

If the intelligence community provides (which they already have as far as testimony) proof that the information they gave ON PAPER to the administration, was exctly the informatio they said they had "That the libya situation wasnt a protest", then what are they going to do?

Who are they going to blame then?

Theyve already stated in in testimony, and Rice has been subpeonad.......so it should be interesting.....

This will def come back to bite them......

I also love that on one hand they try to blame the intelligence community, yet on the other talk about how great their intelligence community is, and that with their information they can protect us........

Which is it Mr.Obama? You cannot have it both ways......

Watch who you throw under the bus my friend.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This will be his end.

Remember the VP debate? When Biden was so confident in his intelligence report regarding the nuclear weapon Capabilities of Iran. Biden was confident to the point of infallible during that exchange with Ryan.

This administration is just a train wreck on Foreign policy and all over the place on the intel debate.

This just about sums about Biden and the WH as a whole regarding this issue.

Biden certainly does seem to have a complex view of U.S. intelligence. On the one hand, Biden has absolute confidence in their ability to precisely monitor the Iranian nuclear program. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (or “Bibi,” as Biden made an annoying habit of calling him at every opportunity during the debate) carefully explained to the U.N. general assembly that Iran can complete the final stage of weapons assembly in a chamber the size of a school classroom. Biden is ready to gamble countless lives on the CIA’s flawless ability to locate and monitor that room.

On the other hand, Biden thinks the intelligence services are a pack of bumbling fools who made the White House look bad by peddling a tale of “spontaneous video protests” in Benghazi, conjured entirely from thin air… and they sold it so well that poor old Joe and the rest of the White House professionals never even bothered to double-check it with the State Department. Heck, United Nations ambassador Susan Rice didn’t check it with State, and she works there.

Apparently Biden doesn’t put much stock in the intelligence community’s assessment of Syria, either. In reality, it’s the American people who shouldn’t have faith in Joe Biden or his running mate.

www.humanevents.com...

What a mess and what a slap to the intel community. This is what happens when the President would rather golf that attend his intelligence briefings. Idiots!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

Hmmm.

Does this suggest that here is some kind of "Shadow Intel Community" that deliberately sways decisions made by the highest officials in the country ?

OT...
I thought it was later determined that those mystery WMD's in Iraq were smuggled into Syria...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Being that the consulate in Benghazi was attacked twice prior the September 11th assault and the terrorists posted on social media (FB, Twitter) that they were going to attack the consulate, only a fool would blame the intelligence community and that's because the intelligence community was fully aware of the attacks and the planned attacks and reported it to whom it may concern. The problem is, those who it should have concerned just let it happen, just like 9/11/01. So the consulate was attacked twice while also requesting security but were denied. Washington DC has been lying left and right since these attacks and they continue to do so. The only thing we the people need to know is that they are full of crap, they are murderers, and they have no empathy. They all need to be removed. Washington DC needs to be replaced with people who actually represent the American public and not their current masters.

Ex-SEALs, online gaming maven among Benghazi dead - CNN.com

A few hours earlier, Smith had posted, "assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures," he recounted.

U.S. Security Official in Libya Tells Congressional Investigators About

ABC News has learned that Eric Nordstrom, the former Regional Security Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, has told congressional investigators that security at the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, was “inappropriately low” – and believed that State Department officials stood in the way of his attempts to change that.

Nordstrom and the commander of a 16-member Security Support Team, Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood, heard that foreign fighters were flowing across the Egyptian border and were making their way across the border to the Libyan city of Derna – which is to the east of Benghazi — and from there were making their way to Benghazi. But State Department officials seemed oblivious to their Benghazi post’s vulnerability.

Nordstrom was worried -he did not know how much the Americans could rely on members of a local Libyan militia in Benghazi that provided security — the “17th of February Martyrs Brigade.” Mostly merchants and shopkeepers before the war, they seemed eager, but they hadn’t much experience and other than a daily $30 stipend for food from the U.S. Embassy, they hadn’t been paid in months.

U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bombed Twice in Run-Up to 9/11 Anniversary - The Daily Beast

Jihadists twice set off explosives at the consulate prior to the incident that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, and announced threats on Facebook about escalating attacks on Western targets in the run-up to the 9/11 anniversary, according to whistleblowers reaching out to House Republicans.

In the five months leading up to this year’s 9/11 anniversary, there were two bombings on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and increasing threats to and attacks on the Libyan nationals hired to provide security at the U.S. missions in Tripoli and Benghazi.

Details on these alleged incidents stem in part from the testimony of a handful of whistleblowers who approached the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in the days and weeks following the attack on the Benghazi consulate. The incidents are disclosed in a letter to be sent Tuesday to Hillary Clinton from Rep. Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the chairman of the oversight committee’s subcommittee that deals with national security.

The State Department did not offer comment on the record last night.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

~Heff

The intelligence community has always been on their game the problem is putting politics over national security.

Typical blame game that has been no different than the past 4 years this go round "the intelligence is at fault".

Last go round the administration is at fault, and here comes along someone blaming the intelligence community.

All the worlds intelligence agencies echoed the last administrations "lies" but when it comes to Benghazi the intelligence was there, the current administration was an "empty chair".

Eastwood strikes again because that's what the current administration is..
edit on 19-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
More related "Intel" .....

There are claims being floated now by military sources that the Benghazi attack may have been part of a larger effort to drive Western forces out of eastern Libya. There were hundreds of security incidents preceding the September 11 attack, which leads the sources to conclude that there is a pattern to the incidents...

Benghazi Attack Aimed to Get U.S. out of Eastern Libya

pattern to the incidents

This means the Intel reports may have in fact been accurate ?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And here we go again ....

The CIA is indicating that they told Washington the Benghazi attack was militant in nature, rather than spontaneous, within 24 hours of its occurrence.

According to a report released today, the "CIA station chief in Libya" alerted Washington that the attack was not in response to a video.

However, media outlets are doing their best to leave Obama a little wiggle room by claiming "it is unclear who, if anyone, saw the cable outside the CIA at that point." In other words, the station manager sent the alert, but there's no hard evidence anyone saw the alert in Washington......

CIA Told D.C. Benghazi Attack Not Spontaneous Within 24 Hours

Obama Inc. knew !!

Yes they did.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The reason there are so many attacks in Libya is because Libya is filled with terrorists. These terrorists were funded & supported by NATO, mainly the US. These terrorists even released jailed terrorists from Libyan prisons (terrorists Gadaffi's forces locked up). The leader of the " rebels" was a terrorist who actually fought against the US in Iraq. So it's not like the US/Israel/Western allies don't know Libya is housing terrorists. The terrorist problem is so bad the weak, & corrupted, Libyan Govt is afraid to go after them because they fear retaliation attacks. Recently the Libyan people themselves drove terrorists out of two known militant bases but the terrorist problem is ever growing, brought to you by NATO.

So these terrorist aren't driving the west out of Libya but rather are giving the west every excuse it needs to stay in Libya, & maybe that's the plan all along.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
More diversions from our officials ?....

Another day, another stonewalling for reporters at the State Department over Libya. Today, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland refused to comment on reports that the CIA had sent a cable 24 hours after the Benghazi assault, explaining that it was a terrorist attack. Instead, she shut down the conversation .... [article has a video]

State Department Stonewalls on Libya ... Again

More than 5 weeks now.

Still they won't come together with answers !!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I actually kind of thought there might be some sabotage somewhere in this mess from the GOP. Even if we were to say (and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, drone President) that Obama is a heartless bastard... it makes no sense to do something so careless as to ignore warnings, deny requests for more security or place blame where it isn't due... so close to a monumentally important Presidential election.

This current crop of GOP however... stupid beyond belief and 100% psychopaths. I wouldn't put it past a single one of them to have been involved in subterfuge at any point in this tragedy.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Nice try there but when one looks at the current makeup of the Senate intelligence committee that dog don't hunt.

Majority Democrats not Republicans.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Clearly that dog does hunt or are you implying that a Republican Senator on the Intelligence Committee is just a water boy because the Senate is Democrat majority? By that logic you need to forgive Obama for not passing a budget, considering it has to be passed by a GOP House. Right?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Lets take a less partial view of what happened and what we know... Not that i wouldnt trust brietbart *eyeroll*

The attack was "carried out following a minimum amount of planning," said a U.S. intelligence official, who, like others, spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a matter still under investigation. "The attackers exhibited a high degree of disorganization. Some joined the attack in progress, some did not have weapons and others just seemed interested in looting."

A second U.S. official added, "There isn't any intelligence that the attackers pre-planned their assault days or weeks in advance." Most of the evidence so far suggests that "the attackers launched their assault opportunistically after they learned about the violence at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo" earlier that day, the official said.

The lack of a firm Al Qaeda link could constrain U.S. military options. The administration believes it has the right under international law to use lethal force against Al Qaeda operatives who kill Americans, but that case would be harder to make against members of a Libyan militia.

The description by witnesses also differs from some of the administration's recent statements. Officials, most notably Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, at first said they believed the attack was motivated by a controversial anti-Islamic video produced in the United States. More recently, officials downplayed any connection. But in Benghazi, witnesses said members of the group that raided the U.S. mission specifically mentioned the video, which denigrated the prophet Muhammad.

Tarek, an off-duty police sergeant who asked that his full name be withheld to shield him from reprisals, said he came to the scene about an hour after the attack began and found militants blocking the road leading to the compound.

"They drew their guns on me and they told me that the Americans were abusing our prophet," he said. "That's why they said they had come to fight."

www.latimes.com...

One sad fact... I see more propaganda on ATS being sold as "truth" then i do on Fox News and MSNBC put together! People like to sit around here and talk about the biased media to one way or another when they are also just as big an issue as what they complain about... Sitting reading political opionionated blogs and using studies by right or left wing think tanks to support "facts" they want to bring out. What ever happened to the Americans who cared? What happened to the American who would look out for his neighbor before playing team politics? Sad days we live in.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So equating the death of 4 Americans is the same thing as not passing a budget?

The Democrats own Benghazi the Republicans sure are the hell are not the "water boy" in that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow. Perfect example of your reactionist mentality that overrides logic. How dare you question my patriotism? I'm as American as you are and as proud of it as you are. Just because I'm not an extremist like yourself, hanging onto the very edge of Right by a fingernail... does not mean I would ever trivialize Americans who died in an act of terror.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Wow. Perfect example of your reactionist mentality that overrides logic. How dare you question my patriotism? I'm as American as you are and as proud of it as you are. Just because I'm not an extremist like yourself, hanging onto the very edge of Right by a fingernail... does not mean I would ever trivialize Americans who died in an act of terror.

What?

Just because I'm not an extremist like yourself,

Not from where I sit more like pot calling the kettle.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You are all are wasting your time blaming one party over the other. I mean, really?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I actually kind of thought there might be some sabotage somewhere in this mess from the GOP.
reply to post by Kali74

But no consideration that the current party in power could have dropped the ball? Or maybe are more interested un saving face then owning up to this mess? But it is easier to say those evil GOP'ers did it. I love how politics is now all about deflecting blame while avoiding the actual issues at hand. Intelligence is nothing without acting on it. Maybe if Obama actually listened to some of those security briefs as opposed to taking the cliff note version.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join