It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't learn from history you're doomed to repeat it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't recall who said that but I think it's pretty apt. You only have to look at history to see that. Napoleon attacks Russia in winter and fail. Nazis attack the Soviet Union in winter and fail. France goes into Viet Nam and fail. US goes into Viet Nam and fail. Soviets go into Afghanistan and fail. US goes into Afghanistan and fail.

Tell me this song is wrong:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I look around and all I see are peaceful people. The average person just wants to work, fall in love, have kids, have a few beers now and then, watch television, go out to dinner... Though I'm sure they're out there, but throughout my life I have yet to meet anyone who wants to kill, whose life goal is to create war and havoc.

And yet, here we are, a species with a history so steeped in war that it compels us to accept that we are a savage lot. So, when I read, 'If you don't learn from history you're doomed to repeat it,' I must question if we actually can learn from history? We just keep making this planet a more and more dangerous place to live.

I don't think we can turn it around. And, I absolutely HATE believing this.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Winter is just a season.

We can't direct the seasons in nature, but we can contribute to the social weather.

edit on 19-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Donovan - Catch the wind:

edit on 19-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

join