It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's just a matter of days, now...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

It seems to me that you are saying hunger causes collectives to act in a certain manner, so you are looking at causes.

If you read about what happened in Cuba after the collapse of the Soviet Union, you will find a clear example of how people reacted to hunger, and it was not at all like the French Revolution. If you are sincerely interested in researching this sort of thing, I think you would have already looked this up.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

When I reference a 'hunger threat', I'm not talking about people who are hungry. In this case, a hunger threat is a reduction in percieved standard of living. It can also be a reduction in the percieved comparitive standard of living, such as gaining new neighbors who are much more affluent than one's self. Hunger, if it is the standard, is not a hunger threat. In the case where caloric intake is minimal, the level of percieved comparitive reduction in standard of living necessary to generate a response is reduced.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I should have been clearer.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The cash drops into the economy like an atomic bomb, destroying everything around it. With so much cash in circulation, the price of everything is going to skyrocket. And thekeynesians in the fed will be able to understand nothing other than a continuation of the same policies. This is the trigger.

Keynesians in the Fed. Really? Like who? Seriously, who are you referring to. To my knowledge (not vast granted) the Fed and other mega banks are run by 'invisible hand' worshipping free marketeers and collectivist cultists. Please enlighten me - I'd like to research these powerful Keynesians.
edit on 28-10-2012 by FyreByrd because: Put my comment in the quoted text. Newbie mistake.

edit on 28-10-2012 by FyreByrd because: Double mistake - learning curve....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Keynesian economic theory is the prevalent school of thought worldwide, currently. It is opposed by Austrian school economic theory. Both are flawed.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

You are still talking about cause and effect.

I think what you are getting at, is that you don't look at the morality. This would probably be the proper approach.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by herrw

You are still talking about cause and effect.

I think what you are getting at, is that you don't look at the morality. This would probably be the proper approach.

my problem with identifying causes is that doing so taints any research. Further study will always be colored by perceptions which may not be correct. Instead I focus on the outward manifestation of actions, and see how they develop.

Yes, there is a bit of cause/effect there, but each 'cause' is actally an earlier effect, stretching back through history. Once you leave behind the concept of causation, things start to make a lot more sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
herrw, what about the storm? Is this a significant security threat? Change you calculations?

I say you must have something going on here, I just don't quite get it. I'm glad to see you're specific in the clarity of you observations. I think that would be critical.

Keep us posted if you think something big is coming up.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

There is something going on . We are building up to two events of major importance . One is the Middle East war that I believe to be described in Ezekiel 38 . This war if it does not go global will ruin the economy of the US with sky high oil prices . Our economy starts to recover every time gas prices goes down and vice versa .
Then there is a looming economic collapse of the dollar and other major currencies .
Either of these calamities will affect the whole world and will serve to usher in the NWO into power . From there it really goes down hill for the common man .
It's not a matter of if but when !

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I think you have drifted off into semantics.

If you don't identify the cause, then you can't predict the effect.

Renaissance, development of the firearm, publication of the bible in German, development t of the printing press, Development of the wine press, the black plague, burning of witches and cats, smothering force of the catholic church, rich life of the early middle class, development of the plow, development of the horse collar.

All causes or effects?

In this era money means nothing. With our tech and resources, we produce more than we can consume, so it is easy to fabricate money.

The next big things are the end of easy to get high grade crude, and global warming.

What will the effect be?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Nice post however you are wrong on one premise... The banks do not have cash on hand they are sitting on, the main supply of money is through loans and the promissory notes are computer entry money they no longer need to print. Printed money (FRN's) are the petty cash of the system.

Its all money from nothing. They will not open the flood gates of cash to cause hyper inflation. We are in a depression right now that means the supposed money in circulation has contracted. In our case it is the real estate market or loans that have contracted hugely...

Any bump in the economy will only be temporary not more then a month or two... The fed is buying treasury bonds to the tune of 40 Billion a year now to keep things afloat this is what will cause the inflation but it will not be overnight until right at the end.

Also China Iran and Venezuela are no selling and trading oil in other then the US dollar now. This will become a trend and the dollar will finally assume it's actual worth; nothing, with no oil to prop it up and no US military to threaten to bomb countries who do not comply...

I don't know about the next few days but it is around the corner probably sooner then we think...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I believe what they are buying are mortgage backed securities. This of course, is even worse. The Federal Reserve is buying up mortgages, I think is what that means.
edit on 3-11-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I have to delete this off of my subscribed threads now.

I gave it days, and like he rest of the prophets on ATS your days must mean years.

Sorry, it is just I have seem hundreds of these types of threads and I think I am getting immune.

No hard feelings, I just have to make room.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don't think our society will completely collapse but be a deflationary social regression ....

some will completely lose it while others will organize and weather the storm

that is why preppers and such are on the government terror list because they show an ability to plan and prepare ... imagine what a person could devise in a military campaign ... those are the people that you need to take out first ... not the unprepared looters rioting ....

because then you come in looking like the hero

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I believe what they are buying are mortgage backed securities. This of course, is even worse. The Federal Reserve is buying up mortgages, I think is what that means.
edit on 3-11-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

these MBS are not the deeds but the right to all of the payments and the right to foreclose if the loan goes sour.....

also, I think this monetization of bad debt is nothing more than Enron accounting schemes except on a larger scale!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It appears my equations wre very very off. Time to go back to formula. Sandy threw such a wrench into the gears that everything else fell to the side, but that is no excuse. I was incorrect. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree with the OP on this.

Humans as a COLLECTIVE are actually quite predictable, they're not complicated beings at all like they are as INDIVIDUALS.

Mob mentality can literally be scripted from beginning to end in pretty much any situation. This is why law enforcement has such familiarity with how to prep beforehand.

Semantics aside, I believe the OP has a pretty damn good grasp on the standard modus operandi of people's reactions when they're gathered together under various scenarios.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by herrw
It appears my equations wre very very off. Time to go back to formula. Sandy threw such a wrench into the gears that everything else fell to the side, but that is no excuse. I was incorrect. My apologies.

Keep in mind herrw, that when an uncontrollable natural disaster occurs, people as a collective react differently than they do under a manmade threat. Anger to manmade scenarios, shock to mother nature ones.

Two very different emotions that cause very different reactions.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I understand this well. Over the past few weeks I've been working closely with FEMA providing support for Sandy, which has also given me a wonderful opportunity to observe changes in attitude and activity under environmental stress. To be honest, I haven't seen anything beyond what I would expect. Collective action reverts to training and nature. Still, the equations failed. If Sandy had not happened, what then? That is a wonderful conjecture opportunity, but it would simply be conjecture and nothing more. If an engine can't handle the presence of a wrench, it needs to be redesigned. I'm redesigning.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
I agree with the OP on this.

Humans as a COLLECTIVE are actually quite predictable, they're not complicated beings at all like they are as INDIVIDUALS.

Mob mentality can literally be scripted from beginning to end in pretty much any situation. This is why law enforcement has such familiarity with how to prep beforehand.

Semantics aside, I believe the OP has a pretty damn good grasp on the standard modus operandi of people's reactions when they're gathered together under various scenarios.

Thank you, CranialSponge. It's difficult to explain the theory when one must constantly overcome the prejudice against typecasting. It actually is very helpful when dealing with large motivated groups.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join