It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Amazing Surgeries That Implanted or Attached Body Parts in the Oddest Places.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hi.

Have you seen this?

www.oddee.com...

Wow!

It's some freaky stuff they can do....

The woman who grew a new ear on her arm. Doctors at Johns Hopkins have successfully grown an ear on a woman's arm. She is now the first person ever to have their ear regrown using cartilage taken from her rib.

The little girl who saved her hand by having it grafted to her leg. Ming Li, 9, had her hand severed after a tractor ran over it while she was walking to school in July 2010. Doctors said it was too badly damaged to put back on her arm so they attached it to her right leg. After three months, the hand was reattached to her arm.

My favorite is this one...

The man who grew a fingertip on his stomach. Doctors in China saved a man's partially-severed finger - by attaching it to his stomach. Doctors operated and attached Wang's finger to his stomach in the hope that new skin and muscle would grow around it. Dr Huang said the technique was a way of restoring blood circulation to the injured finger so that the body could repair itself. He says the surgery was a complete success and that Wang would have a brand new fingertip - separated from his stomach - within a month.

Neat stuff. The source page has full info. and pics but beware some of the pics are a bit gross.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the post though it sounds so weird .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I think this sort of thing has been going on for a while. In the 70's I knew a guy who worked at a printing press that had 4 fingers cut off while binding books. The fingers were retrieved and he was taken to a hospital where they were reattached. Now, what makes this unique was that his entire hand was then sewn into his stomach and remained there for months until the fingers healed.

Man, nobody could drive a Volkswagen left handed like this guy!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
amazing things we can do these days.

any chance you could link some pics into the thread? im at work and the firewall keeps me from viewing the page.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Here are a couple....

The ear one is cool I think it is anyway.

"The Finger" this makes me think of "Fallout 3" for some reason...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Rather disturbing pictures but hey if they are happy

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

I know but people asked 2 C.

Gotta give them what they want.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wow.

almost speechless.

the finger gives me the creeps, not at all what i expected. thanks for posting them.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Really?

So was it like attached at the wrist or was the hand inside his body?
If it was exposed it would be the best halloween costume ever!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Sissel

Really?

So was it like attached at the wrist or was the hand inside his body?
If it was exposed it would be the best halloween costume ever!

His hand was sewn into his abdomen all the way up to his wrist. It was very odd to see. Basically, his hand was in there for so long that they had to do surgery once the fingers were healed. So, it looked like his arm was growing out of his stomach.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

wow!

Pretty gross.

Did he fully recover?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Sissel

wow!

Pretty gross.

Did he fully recover?

He did for the most part. Had some permanent nerve damage but could move his phalanges quite well!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That is some of the weirdest and awe-inspiring stuff I have ever seen. I read all of the stories before I realized my mouth was hanging open.

Thank you for posting this. It's simply amazing what miracles can be accomplished these days.

top topics

join