It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'My son is NOT very optimal... he is very dead': Mother of U.S. diplomat killed in Libya attack sl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
It is sad how the right wing keeps politicizing the deaths of Americans. It's down right sickening actually.
edit on 19-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)
And left wing plays it all by the book of idealism? Hmmmm

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dislike this president. He avoids our allies, kisses up to our enemies, and hasn't got a clue what an economy is all about. He's blown 6 trillion and we're worse off than when he started. He's left his entire public discourse up to comedy entertainment venues. This is the course a drunken frat boy would take if he was suddenly given a presidency. This all serves to make me want to condemn him for anything.

I watched the video clip.

John (yet another entertainment comedian discussing matters with our "president") Stewart makes the point that the security situation was not optimal. This means that it (the security situation) wasn't the best that it could be.

Obama, said that the loss of four American lives wasn't optimal. This means that the loss of four American lives (Reiterating Stewarts assertion:situation) wasn't the best it could be.

He was using the term optimal in the same way Stewart did as a conversational springboard. It didn't land well but grammatically wasn't improper and message wise did not belittle the deaths.

It did however come off as being flip and maybe could be interpreted as sarcastic.

He was trying to say that the loss of any American lives was not a good situation and probably should just have worded it that way.

When a president spends more time on comedy central than he does doing his job, people are going to notice.
The discussion of the preventable assassination of one of his AMBASSADORS to one of his pet project countries on a COMEDY show is ultimately in bad taste and shows absolutely the lowest standards imaginable.

He will not get any slack in this situation from a thinking American even if his comment was not intended to belittle the four who died under his watch.

His performance on the show was not so much offensive as much as tasteless and irksome.
The standard that he sets by discussing these four deaths with a comedian who fancies himself a statesman on a comedy channel .....

Let's just say Obama's standards are "less than optimal" for the office of the president of the United States of America.
edit on 20-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can't believe a thread like this, where people are trying to sensationalise semantics, has become the hottest thread out of so many other more meaningful threads. Is this day 2 or day 3 now? Anything to bash obama or romney, usually obama though.

He must be hated because he is black and a liberal.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

This is typical of Liberal Rhetoric.

You accuse EVERYONE who doesn't support Obama of being a racist.

Your fallback defense is crying Racist and labeling people by proxy as being inferior and therefore jealous of liberals.

People dislike Obama because of what he does and what he represents.

He's on a COMEDY show talking about the assassination of one of his ambassadors.

He has reduced these deaths to being the subject of a COMEDY ACT.

Stewart is a pretty smart guy but he is a comedic ENTERTAINER and he's really scored big by getting a president to reduce himself to believing he's actually doing well by being a foil for a comedian.

Obama is a sitting PRESIDENT who spends more time on comedy central than he does on foreign policy.

This isn't about who he is. This is about what he's doing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Hello Badger!
I knew when Obama started running 4 years ago that the Liberals would use his race against any detractors!
We all knew. It's sad and sick how THEY use HIM, as well as the way HE uses THEM.

They treat each other like dogs, really. A frat world of dog eat dog and dog hump dog,
nasty world of politics!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Obama is a sitting PRESIDENT who spends more time on comedy central than he does on foreign policy.

Or he could be another John F. Kennedy and get himself killed!

Because he does not kiss enough israeli ass?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
reply to post by badgerprints

Hello Badger!
I knew when Obama started running 4 years ago that the Liberals would use his race against any detractors!
We all knew. It's sad and sick how THEY use HIM, as well as the way HE uses THEM.

They treat each other like dogs, really. A frat world of dog eat dog and dog hump dog,
nasty world of politics!!!!!!!

I have given up trying to have a reasonable debate with liberals and conservatives. It is a waste of time as both work for the bilderbergers and accomplish the same goal in slightly different ways. I play the race card because it is more entertaining that way...and because there are more bigots in the republican party than in the democrat party.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Or he could be another John F. Kennedy and get himself killed!

Is this a serious option to you? Comedy central or death?

Israeli ass?

Are you serious?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by hp1229

Before you start blaming it on FOX (just the way the POTUS blames everyone else except his own actions), this is not FOX news everyone
No, it's the Daily Mail. Just as bad as Fox but British.

Sure if things doesn't satisfy a person's viewpoint, it has to be the media
Anyway...it is all over the net and other MSM outlets.

Yeah, I know. I'm actually completely indifferent about this whole debacle but just wanted to point out that the Daily Mail is just as BS as Fox. That was all.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I can't believe a thread like this, where people are trying to sensationalise semantics, has become the hottest thread out of so many other more meaningful threads. Is this day 2 or day 3 now? Anything to bash obama or romney, usually obama though.

If it had anything to do with him being 'black' then he wouldn't even have become a president. Its lot more than a racial thing when it comes to the POTUS. He is the one using the race card as a tool and not the other way around. All he had to do is take the responsibility even if they made a mistake and close the issue but NO...they keep coming back with BS excuses and stories. Not everything is black and white. There is a wide spectrum when it comes to politics.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

What does failed state department policies and actions has anything to do with Israel and the thread? Now you're reaching out there to validate your arguement.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
English isn't my native language, but after seeing the Daily Show all the fuzz is about, it's perfectly clear people are just looking for a stick. It's unbased criticism, the republicans must be desperate.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

What does failed state department policies and actions has anything to do with Israel and the thread? Now you're reaching out there to validate your arguement.

It has everything to do. When you are 100% pro-israeli biased in a region dominated by arabs that is simply asking for trouble. This has been a dumb strategy now for many decades and some people like to continue it.

Besides 9-11 was a combined mossad cia false flag operation. Cargo planes hit the twin towers and even FOX news accidently reported that before they pulled it off line, but it is still on youtube...and here it is.......

If I ever had any sympathy for a jewish state IT VANISHED quite a while ago...and here is the final nail on the coffin....

It all adds up to american-jewish imperialism of the middle east, which is also russian and chineese turf.

It is all connected, you just have to add up all the dots. The best thing we can do is pull out of there gradually(or quickly). Ron Paul a moderate conservative said so himself, unless of course I am talking to the war mongering republicans who are hell bent on the military-industrial complex and perpetual conflict.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Yes, and he was attacked as well. No matter who is president, we expect them to do their job and protect us. When that doesn't happen we criticize as we should. However, the response to both tragedies were very different from each president as it has been through out history when ever we are attacked.

Uh... no. Bush was not attacked with the voracity that Obama has been. In fact, Democrats rallied around the POTUS after 9/11 along with the GOP. The Dems certainly didn't politicize 9/11 the same day of the attacks as Romney did and they certainly didn't try to use it to remove him from office. If they had, there would have been no second term for Bush.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Were not you guys just complaining about "binders".....lol
You guys have been grabing one word over and over against Ronmey and twisting it any which way you can. I would not act all high and mighty now.
There you go. Thats more like it
How soon people forget.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why is this woman angry with John Stewart and not the pieces of crap who murdered her son?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join