It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci's Last Supper depicts the Milky Way.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnWhiteMars
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, as a matter of fact, my eyes see a little bit more of similarity than you are applying. Though, that is just my eyes.

You mean I am "implying"??

No - i think not - given prompting, as we have been, it is easy to see the "relationship"

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
You mean I am "implying"??

Yes, that is exactly what I meant! Thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think this is a marvelous thing you have posted, whether or not true, it's very observant and my God, you are right about the Pleiades, and another thing, you notice where the lines between the stars are drawn, they align with the angle at which the person is leaning/looking, in my opinion. As with the finger pointing.

If this is true, Leonardo was more connected with the universe than we will ever understand. What an amazing wellspring of creation he was. What a testament.

And his women, the way he painted them, so beautifully and thoughtfully, does not reflect the modern opinion of his personal tastes. Clearly he appreciated many things.

There is rumor that Leonardo believed Mary Magdalene to be the Beloved apostle... or so says the internet. She is depicted in his Last Supper in the place of John. The person sitting at the right hand of Christ looks decidedly female. And Leonardo was not a man known to make errors. Every stroke was willfully placed, that is how he lived his life -- planning planning planning, then doing.

I think you might be onto something big, OP. It's a neat thing, either way. I like patterns and this is a neat one.

"Consider the Pleiades" ~Book of Job

They are the star group referenced in almost all of the ancient European starwatching sites.
And Alderan, you know what, that is the old name of that star that points to them.
Remember Star Wars? Did Lucas know what he was writing or was ET writing his movie, eh?
Alderan is the FIRST WORLD hit by the Death Star.

I wonder wonder wonder what the willful purpose behind that was, if George is anything like Leonardo.

Compare the names of the two:
Leonardo: "Lion-Strength". A medieval saint concerned with the plight of prisoners.
He who closes the lion's jaws.
Vinci: the city of Vinci. To conquer.
George: "Earth-Worker"; Farmer
Lucas: "Light, Illumination" Old Gaelic
edit on 21-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

The Light Shines in the Darkness and the Darkness has not overcome It

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Okey. This is getting a bit weird. I looked through some of da Vinci's paintings and took Mona Lisa as the next subject. After a while I divided the portrait and noticed that it has the same proportion as the Great Pyramid of Giza. This might be as a result of mathematics in art and Golden Sections, if someone is into that, please reply on this one! Anyways, when I divided the Mona Lisa into two pieces by drawing diagonals and then a horizontal line at the crossing point, I realized 'Mona Lisa' carried the same width and the same height as the Pyramid. I should have both the portrait and the Pyramid in original scale. Notice! I _should_ have.

Further on I noticed that the Pyramid tunnels exit exactly where the painting diagonals run. And the kings chambre ends exactly at Mona Lisa's lips. Is this the 'secret' she is smiling at?

The Subterranean Chamber is at her heart, and then one evil eye lurks in the middle of the pyramid.

And there's more... But before I go into more madness, I'll let you attack this one. And by the way, if this 'layout' would be correct... which it probably isn't, Leonardo knew there was no capstone. Ever. Because the pyramid reaches just that much over Mona Lisa's head.

Also notice that the tunnels embrace Mona Lisa's chin quite accurately. And to the right at the entrance there happens to be a road in the painting.
edit on 21-10-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One more thing
I'll bring Pleiades to the same mess. The constellation follows Mona Lisa's facial outline while one of the stars centers in the King's Chamber (Mona Lisa's chin) and one centers on Mona Lisa's forehead.

Pure coincidences I guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

I have always been interested in this painting. There is something about it. I like to believe that the Disciples represent the constellations and Jesus the Sun. I can see what you are trying to do but I don't think it adds up properly. Have you tried moving the constellations around on the picture?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I think the Pleiades overlay was too much. The Pyramid find was interesting.

Some interesting points to be said about the pyramid. To the right where the entrance tunnel divides to the Grand Gallery and the Subterranean, the shadow from Mona Lisa's gown turns from light into black.

There is a very strong border there.

At left, the mountains start at exactly the same angle as the Pyramid.

And some more relations...

Queen's Chamber neclace.

And the mouth and chin.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

I had another look and I can see what you mean.. It is interesting.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Leonardo's art has always fascinated me- you guys have some pretty awesome observations

the relationships between the pictures lead me to think that maybe there was a message trying to be conveyed, but what exactly it is, i have no clue
you guys have a way better grasp on this- nice job!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As an artist myself i can see where you are going with this, but as for spine/torso to limb alignment, using the constellations...if an artist really did follow them....well would make for some rather unusual and impossible poses.
He may of went for the rhythm of the shapes but i think its just not what he meant. They dont all line up and would have to be exaggerated even more..ALL the time in the middle of my art can i see things that could be. Also you could do this with almost anything.

The Mona Lisa...hmm? He did use himself as a reference though. I saw that on the History channel.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
The Mona Lisa...hmm? He did use himself as a reference though. I saw that on the History channel.

Wasn't the Master a mason? Maybe he had his reasons

The Mona Lisa is discussed in another thread. If you want to comment on that, please visit here.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is a very interesting theory. You always have mainstream news about people wanting to find out whats underneath the painting, or what was painted before. And plenty of people are looking for prophecy in all of his paintings. But this is different, its right smack dab in front of our faces. Very interesting theory.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmerman421

We share the opinion of this being right there! But as said, things may be viewed differently without one being right and the other one wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Very interesting correlation my freind -
Your insights astound me.

What is your sign may I ask..?

According to all the astrological equations hidden within the Bible
and L.D.'s knowledge of religion - it maybe his hidden message.

Do to L.D.'s priviledged upbringing, I have speculated that he was schooled from,
and part, of a secret organization.

...possibly the Allumi~NAUGHTY..?(muhaha)

Thanks again for the 'brain puzzles' O.W.M.!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join