It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Plant Compound Wipes out Cancer in 40 Days, Says New Research

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't know why big pharma doesn't devote R&D into isolating these compounds and coming out with a new line of treatment methodologies.
They do. And part of that research is finding out exactly how they work.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You know, like make a tea, or dissolve it in alcohol, fermentation or combine with a lipid?
The plant has been used medicinally for ages. The active compound has been determined through science.

Oh please, "the active compound" has been determined through science. Do you know how many times science has isolated the 'active compound' and thus screwed up a perfectly good remedy? Most medicinal plants are medicinal for a reason, and while they all have an active compound, it is supported by many other constituents in the plant. Take the case of oregano oil, proven to be as strong than the most potent man made antibiotic WITHOUT KILLING ALL THE GOOD FLORA in the human body. I've used it - and it takes about twice as long as man made antibiotics to use, but it works perfectly without the bad side effects. So what is "science" trying to do last I heard re: oregano oil? "Isolate the active compound" put it on steroids and deliver the dose 5 times as fast - which will cause side effects and problems, which they will then try to add other active compounds to address when they should have just left it alone in the first place.

Also, not all pharma drugs are sythesized from plants - a great great number of them are pure chemicals.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

No -- the "All Cancers" makes a LOT of sense. What he was saying that in 30 years and billions of dollars of medical expenses, the AVERAGE increase in life expectancies for humans with ALL CANCERS factored in, was 1.5% greater in 1999 than it was in 1969.
You have to be careful with the statistics you use. You seem to have changed what you first said. First you said cancer rates (I assumed you were talking about survival rates) now you're talking about an increase in life expectancy. Which is it?

More people are diagnosed at a younger age and treated -- we know that. But you factor in how long all people with cancer live on average -- and it doesn't look so good.
Not true.

In the past decades, gains in cancer survival have been largely driven by improvements in treatment, even for some cancers (breast and colon) for which there have been increased efforts to improve detection. In these latter cases, the results are attributable to both progress in detection and the surprisingly rapid improvement in survival at every given stage of diagnosis.
www.asco.org...

edit on 10/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Oh please, "the active compound" has been determined through science.

That's right. And it wasn't until the the compound was isolated that it's potential efficacy in treating cancer was found. The traditional use of the plant is the treatment of arthritis and similar complaints.

Traditionally, lei gong teng dispels wind and dampness, and is usually used to treat bi zheng (painful obstruction syndrome). Lei gong teng relieves pain and reduces swelling in patients who have swollen joints and difficulty moving. It can be used alone or with other antirheumatic herbs.

It has also been known traditionally to be toxic.

The entire tripterygium plant is toxic. The toxicity of the root and bark is greater than that of other parts of the plant. The fresh form is more toxic than the dried form which has been stored for at least a year. Toxic signs include local irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, damage to the central nervous system, internal bleeding and necrosis of the organs. In severe cases, gross overdose of lei gong teng may cause bleeding in the stomach, intestines, liver and lungs. Other symptoms include dizziness, dry mouth, palpitations, necrosis of mucous membranes and irregular menstruation.

www.acupuncturetoday.com...

So it is that bad, bad science which found the compound may be an effective chemotherapy agent.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I find it very interesting and extremely encouraging that every continent and nearly every "section" of every continent has natural anti-cancer substances.

All just another coincidence

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I find it disturbing, that cheap and non toxic, essentially natural cancer cures have been discarded and even outlawed by big pharma. But this is the case.

Like most here at ATS, there are things I know, that I wish I forget. Mostly stuff about the Gov. To know, one need only ask the right questions and look in the right places. Most people would rather not know.

Here is the you-tube

edit on 20-10-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Phage

Interesting how you always manage to put an immediate kibosh on any idea that dares to step outside the confines of 100% mainstream western medicine and/or science.

Why would the Chinese know anything? They're only one of the longest enduring cultures on the planet. No way they could have anything figured out with only thousands of years of experience.

Amazing all that ginger and whatnot they're eating has wiped out cancer in the part of the world right?

Cancer is now the leading cause of death in China.

Oh wait..

From the OP:

This is, of course, due to the fact that there is simply no money for major corporations in researching the healing powers of natural herbs and compounds such as the compound found in the thunder god vine. Turmeric and ginger, for example, have been found to be amazing anti-cancer substances that are virtually free compared to expensive and dangerous cancer drugs.

edit on 20-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Interesting how you always manage to put an immediate kibosh on any idea that dares to step outside the confines of 100% mainstream western medicine and/or science.

Why would the Chinese know anything? They're only one of the longest enduring cultures on the planet. No way they could have anything figured out with only thousands of years of experience.

Phage was telling everyone to accept being micro-chipped on another thread so i am not surprised he would have disinfo for this thread

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The thing i find most interesting here is the part where they claim it is bad for fertility in men, the exact same claim they have for Borax, which is another extremely important and useful substance to fight fluoridation, which most people are subject too due to water fluoridation as well as absorbing it through the mouth when brushing teeth. As is now becoming more and more widely known, fluoridation is very damaging to humans, lowering IQ, making bones brittle, causing cancer, arthritis etc. for more dangers of fluoride go here (www.fluoridealert.org...)

Borax, even in small doses, will absorb the fluoride from your system and expel it over time by natural means. E285 is another name for Borax, when it is used as a conserving agent used in foods such as caviar. The funny thing though is that E285(a european definition), is banned for human consumption in four countries: the U.S, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. The same countries which also fluoridate their water the most. Coincidence?

Why is it banned? They claim it "may hurt fertility in men", although they have no proof of this other than a singular mouse test performed in the 60:s which yielded fewer offspring in mice.

edit on 19-10-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

Good point, disinfo is rife, we know its a must have from your points alone

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You're a long-time member. He's notorious for stuff like this.

In this case he seems to be rooting FOR the Medical-Industrial Complex to slightly alter what would be a nearly free cure for cancer then charging dying patients $1000/mg for it.

Sorry. I thought this was common knowledge.

Agreed, its the big pharma way, no wonder medicare costs have skyrocketed

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hdonn

Phage was telling everyone to accept being micro-chipped on another thread so i am not surprised he would have disinfo for this thread

You are lying mistaken. I did not say any such thing.
Nor did I say that the compound is without promise. But please, provide evidence that the Chinese ever used the plant for the treatment of cancer.
edit on 10/21/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Phage separates the wheat from the chaff.

This is very useful in constructing an opinion of something. You look at Phage's argument, the alternative argument and you kind of fill-in-the-blanks in regard to the truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Now all I need is 50 lbs of Thunder God vines and I'll preserve them to the point of where it'll last indefiantly.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Look at marawanah....

TPTB tell us that....

1) if you take medical marawanah it has health benefits, pain killing properties and is good for you. They wouldn't allow people to take it nor call it medical marawanah if it was bad for you.

2) if you take regular marawanah then TPTB tell us it's bad for us. That it screws up your brain, that it's super addictive, and they throw you in jail for possessing even a little bit.

None of this makes any sense so obviously someone is lying.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I read this Friday in mainstream news (Toronto Star), so there doesn't seem to be any diabolical cover up going on.
I really hope this works. I have had 2 workmates die from this awful cancer.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Wonderer2012

But do you think it is right to suppress natural cures

Do you think it's right to sell snakeoil?

Do you doubt Big Pharma makes a lot of money?

No I don't doubt it. That is because of the "big" part. Sell a lot of anything and you make a lot of money. A lot of people use pharmaceuticals.

Look, I'm not claiming that the pharmaceutical industry is an all wonderful thing. I just prefer to take a more balanced look at it. It's not all good. It's not all bad. And articles like that in the OP are not helping anybody.

The article in the OP is discussing a potential natural cure for cancer.

You're the one who jumped on the side of Big Pharma defending them even though they will patent the 'cure' IF they work with this ingredient, therefore suppressing a natural remedy from the people whilst making a lot of profit in the process.

Of course, people sell natural products, but how much would it cost to buy this 'cure' from Big Pharma or a natural herb shop?

Of course, the whole thread is based on the fact this compound actually does what it is supposed to, but rest assured forces will work to make sure if it is the magic cure, it will never see be mainstream medicine.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

reply to post by Phage

Agreed. Phage is a very dangerous (IMO), no-conspiracy-anywhere-ever type of guy.
One has to wonder what the hell he is doing here at all.

There are multiple effective treatments/cures for cancer, all based on common
and everyday substances/materials.

He is here denying ignorance.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Dont know why a lot of you are being dicks to Phage he is just looking at things realistically and logically.

Anyway it seem the compound from the that Chinese plant has some bad side effects.
Where so far the one here in Australia seem to be very promising.

You should view the vid in the link i cant work out how to embed it its a new report and interesting.

blushwood.com...

The Blushwood (Hylandia Dockrillii) is a naturally growing tree known to exhist in a small area of the Australian Rainforest. In recent years, the chemicals contained in the seed of the Blushwood's fruit have been researched for the potential of anti-cancer properties. In particular, the chemical EBC-46 is currently being researched as part of an anti-cancer injection which may have the potential to liquify and destroy cancerous tumors in just days. While experiments with animals have shown very impressive results, there is still a long way to go before an effective, proven drug may be able to be offered to the general public. As a result, the naturally ocurring Blushwood tree has seen an increase in demand from Australian locals and farmers who wish to grow and harvest the plant in anticipation of its greater commercial demand in the future.

edit on 21-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sure, we need meds and big pharma has helped most of us at one point or another.

However, we are talking about corporations whom withhold cheap drugs from third world nations, because they cannot pay the price that is charged in the west. Some of the drugs are extremely cheap to produce and could be handed to the UN to distribute. But they do not, instead, they even patent methods for creating certain compounds, thus stopping others creating the same or similar drugs from the same plants.

Why do we not have a "not for profit" pharma? Government and lobby.

In the middle of 1999, the interests of the pharmaceutical industry (via lobbying through Vice President Al Gore) had resulted in the US actually threatening South Africa with trade sanctions for trying to develop generic and cheaper drugs to fight AIDS etc.
An industry association, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) and companies like Bristol-Myers Squibb, Glaxo-Wellcome, and Pfizer, which make the most widely used AIDS drugs, had charged South Africa with violating the World Trade Organization's rules regarding patents and intellectual property.

However, there was nothing illegal about what South Africa was doing, and so the the actions of the pharmaceutical industry drew a lot of criticism that they were concerned mostly about the impacts to their sales. (While the World Trade Organization's Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) agreement is controversial for many other aspects in its provisions, it still allows the ability for South Africa to produce cheaper drugs due to national emergencies and because it is for public, non-commercial use.)

They could have permitted the drugs to be created, but banned for export, as is permitted!.

Gore backed down, but big pharma kept on fighting.

However, that has not stopped the pharmaceutical industry continuing to pursue its interests. Some 40 such companies took South Africa to court beginning of March 2001, over language in the Medicines Act which would allow for generic production and parallel importing of affordable AIDS drugs. The public outrage around the world that resulted from these companies trying to do such a thing while people were dying led to them drop their case in April, 2001.

The world's largest pharmaceuticals company, Pfizer, and 10 others have promised to give the US Congress General Accounting Office all the data it needs to check drug prices. Like Europe, the US is concerned about the massive profits made by the pharmaceuticals industry. In rich countries, the laboratories' pricing policies are a scam; in poor countries, they are preventing most people from getting treatment. Stavudine, used to treat Aids, is the perfect demonstration of what is wrong with the system.
It hugely profits its makers - and Yale University, where it was researched. ... Patenting an invention means nothing without sales. In 1988, two years after filing its patent (4), Yale granted pharmaceuticals giant Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) exclusive rights to exploit its invention. This "exclusive licence" gave BMS a monopoly in every country where Yale filed its patent: the US, Europe, Canada, Australia, South Africa. It means the company is free to set prices as it likes; a 40 mg tablet costs $4.28 (5) on average (the dose is two tablets a day).

In countries where people are lucky to earn 4$ a week, what are they to do? Continue having sex with young virginal girls in an attempt to cure aids, as the rumor states?

It goes on and on.

Big pharma has a LOT to answer for.

Source

As others have stated, the money is in treatment, not the cure.
edit on 21/10/2012 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/10/2012 by LilFox because: More info

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

And thats where Governments should be forced by the public to step in and throw a tantrum.
Give the companies enough freedom and they will destroy the world in the name of profit.
Cant blame them really if ran a business i would want profit.
They just need to be put on a leash.
edit on 21-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join