It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Plant Compound Wipes out Cancer in 40 Days, Says New Research

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Firstly..... I love articles and information concerning 'natural' remedies to ailments we all might suffer from........It gives me a little hope that the answers to a healthy and enjoyable life are out there....provided by the planet we seem intent on destroying so much..........

Phage is correct in his opinion and identification of BIG Pharma 'enhancing' natural remedies... it is suited for a planet which has too many people on it............ in truth, IMHO I think a return to old fashioned values, proper farming techniques, a whole new approach to natural health and eating etc etc etc should be where humanity goes............ we have become too clever in our ability to strip the earth of its resources and as a consequence place a price on them without really seeing their true value.........

I for one will start to explore this area and start growing my own wonder drugs asap....

PDUK

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You're a long-time member. He's notorious for stuff like this.

In this case he seems to be rooting FOR the Medical-Industrial Complex to slightly alter what would be a nearly free cure for cancer then charging dying patients $1000/mg for it.

Sorry. I thought this was common knowledge.

I heard about this plant sometime last year, along side the fact one of China's cancer cures had been banned for exportation.

Its really annoying I cannot find the article now

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I have always seen your responses to the insane conspiracy theories and have often admired your realistic and well-informed points of view. I have felt that you bring a sense of sanity to this site.

But this response of yours seems to be driven by the sole purpose of debunking any alternate knowledge. As a person who has had first hand experience with the "Big Pharma" I know the reality about it and how the whole thing is driven by nothing by money.

It's always good to keep a level head and look at thing from a down to earth perspective, but it doesn't mean just debunking anything and everything not accepted by mainstream science. I suggest you try to open up a wee bit more.

Nevertheless I still admire you for your knowledge and levelheadedness. Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The plant must be a product from the toxic waste the other kind of 'plant' has defecated all over the Chinese countryside in the past three-some decades.

>irony

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's disgusting that these 'Big Pharma' can prevent mainstream science from looking into natural solutions that could help people all over the world.
Do you have any idea how many products of "Big Pharma" are synthesized versions of natural compounds?

Interesting that your highly biased source failed to mention that the study involved such a synthesized compound. Interesting that your highly biased source failed to mention that the natural compound is not really useful. Interesting that your highly biased source didn't mention that the impressive results were found with the synthesized compound.

However, triptolide is poorly soluble in water, limiting its clinical use. We therefore synthesized a water-soluble analog of triptolide, named Minnelide.

There are many compounds in herbs that are not soluble in water, that is why herbalists use a mix of alcohol and water to steep the herbs in, its called a tincture!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I imagine the reason the chinese live so long is because they drink hot tea, eat fish, eat raw vegtables, eat shell fish high in calcium. Two of my Scottish Grandmothers drank lots of tea and made it to 96!

The cancer fighting plant brings much needed sense of hope. Anyone who has watched a loved one die of cancer
can tell you how helpless and sad it felt. When my dad was dying of cancer I would have flown anywhere in the world to bring back any cure in an eye blink.
I feel cancer eliminating chemicals are out there... but feel the doctors and pharmacutical companies don't want to lose their big business cash maker. That's why no one in my family wanted to donate money to cancer research, we feel they are stealing from people grieving. That is my opinion.
I am sure some doctors are good people like my dentist who did missionary work in Vietnam, but he is a rare soul. Most doctors do it for the money like my brother in law who grew up with nothing and wanted a good life... and he hated being an ER doctor he saw The Worst Accidents. He now does urgent care, he has downsized.
edit on 20-10-2012 by frugal because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Phage is not no-conspiracy, or pro-establishment. He's highly skeptical of everything, because he has a highly critical mindset. It's just that his standards for proof are quite high, is all. He can get on my nerves as well, but I still think he's an asset to this website. Cut him some slack.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Phage

Interesting how you always manage to put an immediate kibosh on any idea that dares to step outside the confines of 100% mainstream western medicine and/or science.

Why would the Chinese know anything? They're only one of the longest enduring cultures on the planet. No way they could have anything figured out with only thousands of years of experience.

Agreed. Phage is a very dangerous (IMO), no-conspiracy-anywhere-ever type of guy.
One has to wonder what the hell he is doing here at all.
When 'Phage' speaks, people stop and listen, and in some cases, are brought back down to Earth. I for one find His comments worthwhile and of value. In a forum with many a 'fringe' participants, it's a much needed refrain from the paranoia frenzy. As I pointed out in another post reply, 'he's been absent' for too many days.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Big Pharma is in my eyes just like the Big Bankers/The Fed..... they need to fall and land on their butts so hard it takes them forever to get back up. Am I biased? Hell yeah I am, and don't care who don't like it.

Im sick and tired of both of them.

Thank you OP for bringing this information to light. I have watched many of my loved ones die of cancer and its heart wrenching. I can only hope breakthroughs such as this one spread as fast as cancer does.

edit on 20-10-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Remember when Prozac came out, and people immediately started buying up St. John's Wort as an herbal remedy to treat depression? Prozac was based on it, but you would need to ingest something like 500 of the little herbal caps to get the actives contained in one prozac cap.

Same now with Resveratrol, and the cases of red wine would you need to drink, to equal the active of what is in one pill. Although some might find that idea appealing, the liver damage would outweigh the benefits of the Resveratrol.

Don't get me wrong... I can get on a soapbox about the greed and inadequate clinical studies of big Pharmaceutical Companies, that drives people crazy, nonetheless, if it wasn't for the research and "cleaning up" they do, we would, for example, still be stuck with penicillin as our only (limited) antibiotic.

So yeah, they drive me crazy but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Research is both needed and expensive.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think this plant has much more potential.

blushwood.com...

The Blushwood (Hylandia Dockrillii) is a naturally growing tree known to exhist in a small area of the Australian Rainforest. In recent years, the chemicals contained in the seed of the Blushwood's fruit have been researched for the potential of anti-cancer properties.

Edit for new link........www.qbiotics.com...

edit on 20-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thanks~

Nice to see this thread bringing some clarity to some partial information discovered yesterday.

As for the above comments:
The real concern, is/was/will be, with 'pharma' and the lack of knowledge (or care) for proper preperation, and not the actual effectiveness of the plant compounds when prepared properly.

It is the western style of reductionism which seeks to bypass thousand years of practice, which regards everything as a Whole!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Wow I cannot wait to NOT hear anything else about this plant in 4-5 weeks...90% of people will completely forget about this and the other 10% will be too lazy to care.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Curcuma herb, found in the bright yellow kitchen spice Turmeric, has been thoroughly documented as an anti-cancer tonic. There's an abundance of online info.

At least two or three oncologists (that's right, actual medical doctors) have stated for the record, that Turmeric can cure cancer. Not just prevent, not just treat, but cure.

Pancreatic cancer article:
Turmeric

Turmeric 2

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's disgusting that these 'Big Pharma' can prevent mainstream science from looking into natural solutions that could help people all over the world.
Do you have any idea how many products of "Big Pharma" are synthesized versions of natural compounds?

Interesting that your highly biased source failed to mention that the study involved such a synthesized compound. Interesting that your highly biased source failed to mention that the natural compound is not really useful. Interesting that your highly biased source didn't mention that the impressive results were found with the synthesized compound.

However, triptolide is poorly soluble in water, limiting its clinical use. We therefore synthesized a water-soluble analog of triptolide, named Minnelide.

So, as in most cases, a natural compound found to be somewhat effective is used as the starting point to produce something that may be very effective.

Together, our results suggest that Minnelide shows promise as a potent chemotherapeutic agent against pancreatic cancer, and support the evaluation of Minnelide in clinical trials against this deadly disease.

stm.sciencemag.org...

edit on 10/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

i think this is kind of the point.. that a lot of products put out by big pharma are synthesized natural products. its not that they are not effective, its the fact that the fed routinely bans or applies high taxes to these natural ingredients that big pharma uses.

also i believe a more wordly person would realize there are many things in this word that we do not fully understand. there are many natural cures and even rituals that may have no scientific merit as we can measure it that are effective against various forms of dis-ease

edit on 20/10/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Remember when Prozac came out, and people immediately started buying up St. John's Wort as an herbal remedy to treat depression? Prozac was based on it, but you would need to ingest something like 500 of the little herbal caps to get the actives contained in one prozac cap.

Same now with Resveratrol, and the cases of red wine would you need to drink, to equal the active of what is in one pill. Although some might find that idea appealing, the liver damage would outweigh the benefits of the Resveratrol.

Don't get me wrong... I can get on a soapbox about the greed and inadequate clinical studies of big Pharmaceutical Companies, that drives people crazy, nonetheless, if it wasn't for the research and "cleaning up" they do, we would, for example, still be stuck with penicillin as our only (limited) antibiotic.

So yeah, they drive me crazy but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Research is both needed and expensive.

Still doesn't mean these pharmaceutical drugs work for everyone. And it's ironic that a side effect of prozac is possibly... more depression. There are natural remedies out there that work, yet synthesizing a compound that's believed to be the reason why X natural remedy / plant / herb / fruit works for Y disease and stuffing 500mg of it into a pill doesn't mean it's gonna be the same thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Great article, thanks! S & F

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's more the idea that Big Pharma takes these God given and natural solutions and patents them etc to sell at very high prices.

Nature has seemingly provided man with natural remedies, why should it be made into business that a minority control?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The thing i find most interesting here is the part where they claim it is bad for fertility in men, the exact same claim they have for Borax, which is another extremely important and useful substance to fight fluoridation, which most people are subject too due to water fluoridation as well as absorbing it through the mouth when brushing teeth. As is now becoming more and more widely known, fluoridation is very damaging to humans, lowering IQ, making bones brittle, causing cancer, arthritis etc. for more dangers of fluoride go here (www.fluoridealert.org...)

Borax, even in small doses, will absorb the fluoride from your system and expel it over time by natural means. E285 is another name for Borax, when it is used as a conserving agent used in foods such as caviar. The funny thing though is that E285(a european definition), is banned for human consumption in four countries: the U.S, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. The same countries which also fluoridate their water the most. Coincidence?

Why is it banned? They claim it "may hurt fertility in men", although they have no proof of this other than a singular mouse test performed in the 60:s which yielded fewer offspring in mice.

edit on 19-10-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

Whether that is an agenda to stop people taking a natural remedy I simply would not know.

It's possible for sure, but weird that things that could potentially heal you would at the same time reducing male fertility.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join