It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Plant Compound Wipes out Cancer in 40 Days, Says New Research

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just came across the following article which may be of interest as it seems a chinese plant, known as the ‘thunder god vine’ or lei gong tengcan, can help fight tumours-

www.wakingtimes.com...

A little-known plant with a truly bizarre name is now making headlines as a cancer killer, with the compound of the plant vanishing tumors in mice with pancreatic cancer. Known as the ‘thunder god vine’ or lei gong teng, the Chinese plant is actually integrated into Chinese medicine and has been used for ages in remedying a number of conditions including rheumatoid arthritis.

According to the new research out of the University of Minnesota’s Masonic Cancer Center, the thunder god plant compound led to no signs of tumors after a 40 day period — even after discontinuing the treatment. Published in the journal Science Translational Medicine and funded by the National Institutes of Health, even the scientists working on the project were stunned by the anti-cancer properties of the compound. Known to contain something known as triptolide, which has been identified as a cancer fighter in previous research, it is thought to be the key component that may be responsible for the anti-tumor capabilities.

The article goes on to point out 'Big Pharma' will always oppose natural remedies that will take away from their profits-

And just like with numerous other powerful substances like turmeric and ginger, mainstream science is still slowly confirming what many traditional practitioners have known for their entire lives. This is, of course, due to the fact that there is simply no money for major corporations in researching the healing powers of natural herbs and compounds such as the compound found in the thunder god vine. Turmeric and ginger, for example, have been found to be amazing anti-cancer substances that are virtually free compared to expensive and dangerous cancer drugs.

Nevertheless, the Big Pharma sponsored corporate scientists have managed to ignore these spices as much as possible. In fact, they have even been caught time and time again faking thousands of studies to fraudulently demonstrate the supposed value of pharmaceutical drugs pushed by major pharma juggernauts — many of which are later forced to pay millions in fines which only slightly stack up against their billions in profits.

It's disgusting that these 'Big Pharma' can prevent mainstream science from looking into natural solutions that could help people all over the world.

That said, the wikipedia link to this plant compound says it acts as a male contraceptive

en.wikipedia.org...

The plant contains many active compounds, at least six of which have male anti-fertility effect (triptolide, tripdiolide, triptolidenol, tripchlorolide, 16-hydroxytriplide and a compound known as T7/19, whose structure is unpublished). The mechanism by which they affect fertility is not yet understood. What is known is that daily doses of these compounds reduce sperm counts and also severely affect the formation and maturation of sperm, causing them to be immotile.

Wikipedia does discuss the anti tumour properties however-

Pancreatic cancer

Two compounds, the diterpenoid epoxide triptolide and the quinone triterpene celastrol found in the plant may have potential as antitumor drugs.[9]

Drugs derived from the plant also show potential for reduction and elimination of pancreatic tumors in mice. Clinical trials may soon begin for the development of a drug for use in humans

So, we have a potentially cancer fighting compound that also acts as a male contraceptive. Now that is interesting!!
edit on 19-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It's disgusting that these 'Big Pharma' can prevent mainstream science from looking into natural solutions that could help people all over the world.
Do you have any idea how many products of "Big Pharma" are synthesized versions of natural compounds?

Interesting that your highly biased source failed to mention that the study involved such a synthesized compound. Interesting that your highly biased source failed to mention that the natural compound is not really useful. Interesting that your highly biased source didn't mention that the impressive results were found with the synthesized compound.

However, triptolide is poorly soluble in water, limiting its clinical use. We therefore synthesized a water-soluble analog of triptolide, named Minnelide.

So, as in most cases, a natural compound found to be somewhat effective is used as the starting point to produce something that may be very effective.

Together, our results suggest that Minnelide shows promise as a potent chemotherapeutic agent against pancreatic cancer, and support the evaluation of Minnelide in clinical trials against this deadly disease.

stm.sciencemag.org...

edit on 10/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

+72 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Interesting how you always manage to put an immediate kibosh on any idea that dares to step outside the confines of 100% mainstream western medicine and/or science.

Why would the Chinese know anything? They're only one of the longest enduring cultures on the planet. No way they could have anything figured out with only thousands of years of experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Kills stuff too..
Thunder god vine has also been used non-medicinally as an insecticide against maggots or larvae, and as a rat and bird poison.
www.webmd.com... E

Good for Arthritis

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

He just pointed out it was synthesized.

How on Earth did you infer what you said from his post

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The thing i find most interesting here is the part where they claim it is bad for fertility in men, the exact same claim they have for Borax, which is another extremely important and useful substance to fight fluoridation, which most people are subject too due to water fluoridation as well as absorbing it through the mouth when brushing teeth. As is now becoming more and more widely known, fluoridation is very damaging to humans, lowering IQ, making bones brittle, causing cancer, arthritis etc. for more dangers of fluoride go here (www.fluoridealert.org...)

Borax, even in small doses, will absorb the fluoride from your system and expel it over time by natural means. E285 is another name for Borax, when it is used as a conserving agent used in foods such as caviar. The funny thing though is that E285(a european definition), is banned for human consumption in four countries: the U.S, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. The same countries which also fluoridate their water the most. Coincidence?

Why is it banned? They claim it "may hurt fertility in men", although they have no proof of this other than a singular mouse test performed in the 60:s which yielded fewer offspring in mice.

edit on 19-10-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You're a long-time member. He's notorious for stuff like this.

In this case he seems to be rooting FOR the Medical-Industrial Complex to slightly alter what would be a nearly free cure for cancer then charging dying patients $1000/mg for it.

Sorry. I thought this was common knowledge.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My mother has just recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, by imaging, not by biopsy so we are still hoping.

Pancreatic cancer has a survival rate of less than 6% after one year, so really the only hope is alternative therapy or clinical trials. We have contacted a private clinic that will work with DCA (dichloroacetate), but now I am going to look for clinical trials involving Minnelide (the synthesized version of the thunder god vine).

I cannot thank you enough for posting this. There is almost nothing available to fight pancreatic cancer, and almost no such thing as remission from it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You're a long-time member. He's notorious for stuff like this.

I am not denying Phage's pro-mainstream tendency on pretty much every topic.

You're reading too much from my post, and too much from his. You simply inferred thoughts he gave no indication of with that post. Doesn't seem fair is all.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wonder how long it will take for BIG pharma to buy this up and hide it? Or find away to make it illegal? or synthesize it with man made crap that we find out 20 years from now actually causes cancer? Nice post star for you. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Didn't know that about Borax, I guess you learn something new every day. I gotta find some articles about how it works.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by NeoVain

Didn't know that about Borax, I guess you learn something new every day. I gotta find some articles about how it works.

Glad to be of service. Here is a good start for more info on borax: www.health-science-spirit.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Just a wild guess...but maybe Wiki doesn't mention it because the article came out on the 18th?

Go slap it in. You have the power to do it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

From that link:

In some countries (e.g. Australia, NZ, USA) borax can still be found in the laundry and cleaning sections of supermarkets. There is no "food-grade" borax available or necessary. All borax is the same and "natural", and usually mined in California or Turkey, whether it has been packed in China or any other country. The label usually states that it is 99% pure (or 990g/kg borax) which is safe to use, and is the legal standard for agricultural grade borax. Up to 1% mining and refining residues are permitted. Boric acid, if available, may be used at about ⅔ the dose of borax, it is not for public sale in Australia.
Firstly dissolve a lightly rounded teaspoonful (5-6 grams) of borax in 1 litre of good quality water. This is your concentrated solution, keep it out of reach of small children.

In Europe borax and boric acid have been classified as reproductive poisons, and since December 2010 are no longer available to the public within the EU. Presently borax is still available in Switzerland (15), but shipment to Germany is not permitted. In Germany a small amount (20 - 50 grams) may be ordered through a pharmacy as ant poison, it will be registered.

So it's in the detergent aisle, not recommended by the FDA, and considered a reproductive poison by the EU and banned in Europe.

You advise people to drink this for the betterment of their health?

edit on 20-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Great thread... Thank You for the info.

From the research I read, the company that owns this is: "Minneamrita Therapeutics LLC". Is there a link of where one can purchase such an item?

From more of my feeble research, I found a site: arthritisresearchuk saying that it goes by many other names:

T Wilfordii Hook F (TWHF), Lei gong teng, Lei-kung teng, Huang-teng ken, Tsao-ho-hua, yellow vine root, early rice flower, and three-wing nut.

...but the place to purchase this in the US is still elusive at the moment. Any help would be appreciated (u2u is also effective).

edit on 20/10/2012 by MarkJS because: last para added

edit on 20/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I find his incredibly cynical and skeptical view point refreshing and necessary on a site like this. I usually consider his input, but I think I will use the stuff anyways. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, right?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
and the recipe is wiped out in less than 4 hours, heh

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
'Some' hidden cures of Cancer kept silent by the AMA and FDA.

Mike Adams with Naturalnews.com is an important site to know/bookmark.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Phage

Interesting how you always manage to put an immediate kibosh on any idea that dares to step outside the confines of 100% mainstream western medicine and/or science.

Why would the Chinese know anything? They're only one of the longest enduring cultures on the planet. No way they could have anything figured out with only thousands of years of experience.

Agreed. Phage is a very dangerous (IMO), no-conspiracy-anywhere-ever type of guy.
One has to wonder what the hell he is doing here at all.

There are multiple effective treatments/cures for cancer, all based on common
and everyday substances/materials.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join