It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Companies Cutting Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We were behind on our electric bill. We had recently had a baby and my wife lost her job. Times are not easy. Now we fell behind on the bills. We had a payment plan set up and made the payment yesterday. About 2 hours later they turn up and cut off the power for late payment. My wife had the baby in her arms as she pleaded with the guy not to turn it off. He didn't give a crap. The power company did not care that we had a baby, they just wanted the back payments in full, even though we had a plan in place. I am absolutely livid with this. its not like we didn't pay. I made a payment every month, there's no avoidance here. My main gripe is that these big businesses can get away with cutting power to a hard up and hard working family with a baby. We NEED power end of for the baby's sake. I think there should be certain brackets of people who can not be shut down, like families with babies, the elderly and the sick. I wrote to my local official and guess what I get back . . spam emails !! I wrote to my local paper . .nothing . .the energy company .. nothing . .I have taken to twitter today and even emailed the prez for an opinion. There was a bad storm where we are last night, the dog was scared and frankly it was a scary night not having any power. Whats your thoughts . .FYI, we had to pay up in full yesterday, I did and we still have no power. They say it could be 3 days. bad !!!

Satellite1

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by satellite1

With an infant in the mix... your local DFACS office should have an energy payment assistance program, or at least links to local charities that will help. There are quite a few.

Regardless, I do agree with your assessment of the power company and wish you the best.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

that really sucks as i know i have been in a similar situation when my son was born,im from massachusettes and we do have laws against that here but it is only if you have a infant in the winter months and you have to have electric heat.wish you and your family the best through these hard times alot of us are going through.they dont have any fuel assistance you can apply for i had fuel assistance before and they let you put money towards electric bill if ya have electric heat.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Back in my Grandmothers day; people used to be more compassionate; even at electric companies.

Have you ever contacted your local (St. Vincent De Paul's) and/or (The Salvation Army)? I do know that they do help with bills and groceries.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you all for your concerns

We finally got power back on, Sat morning. they cut us off on Thurs. This doesn't seem much but it wasn't nice for us with the baby. Changing diapers by candle light is no fun. It was unusually warm on Fri eve but we obviously couldn't use the AC or fan. I learned lessons from this experience. I am extremely grateful for what I have, there are people way much worse off than us on this planet, we have a roof over our heads, we still got to eat. Another is that the people who are supposed to be there for the "we the people" don't care. The big corps don't care. The media doesn't care. They just want your money and taxes, your mouth must stay shut. I never did receive any responses from anyone but I still want some answers.

Peace

Satellite1

new topics

top topics

join