It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is No More Fragile Today Than It Was Yesterday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The Earth has always been fragile, what has changed is our ability to monitor different aspects, through technology, that allows us to see it happening, daily. This planet has always experienced natural changes; earthquakes, tsunami's, volcanic eruptions, etc. But, it is more populated and man made inventions are having an effect on the environment we live in, independent of the natural events that transpire. So allow me to contradict myself, it is more fragile today. We over fish, we over drive, we over use, etc. It definitely has an effect on the Earth. We all seem to be waiting for certain events to transpire, the next big disaster, or the next war.....I want you all that manage to gather my post to do this......do not live your life in fear, let LOVE guide you and be the best soul you can possibly be, be kind to your neighbor and the stranger you pass on the street, you never know who will be the one to save you from this fragile Earth. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Good point Ascension.
The Earth is incredibly tough. And as you pointed out
the species that rent time on the 4.5 billion year old
Earth, that's another story. Life is amazingly resilient though.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is meant by "yesterday", but rock art shows that people were once flourishing in the Sahara.

Although I'm ambivalent about global warming and the human role in all this, it makes sense that when forests are removed disproportionally this can result in desertification.

Rain forests are shrinking, animal habitats and ecosystems are vanishing, and while Amazonia is much discussed, the forests of Africa and Asia are very threatened.

Tribal people are losing their lands and habitats, and often have to revert to more destructive lifestyles themselves. This is because roads, poaching and logging have made their traditional lives unsustainable.

In SA the rhinos are poached daily, and people have an overwhelming sense of entitlement to take anything from nature for money.

Sure, perhaps some people could survive as nomads in a global Sahara, but as long as we can do some things to stop the wanton destruction we could still see a balance between beautiful nature and its many healing properties.
We could still have a variety of life and ecosystems on earth, but I sometimes grow more pessimistic on this daily.
edit on 19-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

All we can do is be aware that we have free will and can be there for each other. Stifle the pessimism and do your part, you would be surprised what one action or kind word will do to affect change. Take care and stay strong.

Ascension211

join