It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man loses 18 relatives in Syrian strikes yesterday...Violence in Syria needs to end NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Is military intervention needed in Syria? Citizens are being butchered in huge numbers and the situation seems to be getting worse.

By who?

Thought the world was tired of the war mongering by the US.

Here is a little factoid: people die everyday around the world hell lot of people are dying in Chicago, Illinois.

Go tell Assad to step down and stop murdering his own people then go yell at Russia,and Iran for helping him do it.

Then go yell at Saudi Arabia,and Qatar for aiding the FSA.

Not much good it will do.

So yeah damned if we do damn if we don't.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by jhn7537
Good then the US can literally kill 2 birds with 1 stone... Place themselves strategically in the region and they can rescue these people from their murderous dictator...

Damned if we do, Damned if we don't.

Some people around here take sport in it.

What side do we pick?

If Libya or Egypt is any lesson, we really have had a poor track record.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by jhn7537

Military intervention would probably just result in even more innocents being killed. Maybe in other parts of the world it would be useful, but not so much in the Middle East.

If I had my druthers, I would just cordon off the region and wait for a victor. With no one supplying arms or supplies to either side.

This would result in a genocide for one side or the other though.

Murky waters indeed.

How I would handle all situations like this, Is Conduct a Thorough Investigation BY THE PEOPLE, and arrest all the CIA/BLACK OPS and their MERC's, and follow the trail to the BLOODLINES AND ELITE AND THROW THEM BEHIND BARS. But that would take time.

FIRST. Get all the people to safety. There would be beautiful, abundant, decadent lovely luxrious EARTHSHIP style homes in eco farms, all over the place and the people, families and children, all who asked to be resuced would be out.

THEN THE SHTF, and the ELITE CREEPS BEHIND PUTTING THE SHARIA OVER THE MIDDLE EAST ROUNDED UP.

SAFETY FOR ALL HUMANS # 1 PRIORITY WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

I WOULD PAY FOR IT BY EMERGENCY TAXES OF ALL BILLIONAIRES BY HALFING THEIR INCOME INSTANTLY. AND A FEW WEALTHY MILLIONAIRES!

They can start digging really deep. They create this crap, they can sell their assets to pay for it AND ensure all are safe AND possibly be the ones in jail in the end too!

edit on 20-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Stories like this seem to be more common in Syria, people are losing their lives from strikes that seem unwarranted. I know that there are many who believe everyone should stay out of Syria and let them handle their own issues internally. I have a hard time digesting that.

People are losing their lives from both sides operating in Syria. If their wasn't an opposition, Assad wouldn't be bombing, simple.

These people obviously need help, they want military intervention and they want al-assad out of this country. I understand that we have MANY folks here on ATS who believe that paid mercenaries are in Syria trying to take away stability so NATO/US can sweep in to bring change to the Govt.

The mercenaries have taken away the stability. Before they come on to the scene, Syria was not a warzone. It was a peaceful country regardless of what we all think of Assad.

Any way you slice it, innocent people are being killed, the man in the above story lost 18 family members alone yesterday. Change needs to come to that region and I'm starting to feel that the change needs to come externally.

Yeah your right. Change does need to come from outside the country. The West need to stop arming and funding extremist groups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join