It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Security Official Among the Dead in Beirut Blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When will the violence end..

I suspect never I wonder if the security official WAS the ACTUAL target.

Talk about collateral damage, these evil people do not care about that at all.

Look at the picture it is just terrible.

The security official, Brig. Gen. Wissam al-Hassan, was apparently the intended target of the explosion, which ripped into buildings, upended cars and shattered windows for blocks in the most serious bombing to hit Beirut in at least four years. He was declared dead a few hours after the blast in an announcement on Lebanese television.

BEIRUT, Lebanon — A large bomb exploded in the heart of Beirut’s Christian section on Friday, killing a top Lebanese security official and at least seven others, wounding dozens and spreading panic in a city where memories of sectarian violence from Lebanon’s long civil war have been resurrected by the conflict in neighboring Syria.

Is Lebanon the next middle east conflict with an internal civil war..
It seems Syria's violence it seeping over and the blood keeps spilling.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I say NO ONE intervene. Pull out entirely! ONLY to say a decade from now "See, we left and they are still killing eachother. Still want to blame NATO?"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Christians need to get out of the middle east period because A: the Muslims will keep doing this and B: if its not the muslims then its some government who wants to involve the usa in its conflict. They might as well paint targets on their backs. Offer them religious protection and a place to stay in the USA I'm sure we have room for them

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh Dear that looks terrible, and no it isn't ever going to end.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I say NO ONE intervene. Pull out entirely! ONLY to say a decade from now "See, we left and they are still killing eachother. Still want to blame NATO?"

No doubt the violence would continue but a quick look at history tells that story already and everyone ignores it.

It's better for their narrative if they can blame America....it's the "IN" thing to do, didn't you know?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Christians need to get out of the middle east period because A: the Muslims will keep doing this and B: if its not the muslims then its some government who wants to involve the usa in its conflict. They might as well paint targets on their backs. Offer them religious protection and a place to stay in the USA I'm sure we have room for them

Christians were in the middle east before Muslims, but yes Christians have been forced out of the middle east, they can come here but this wont stop the problem. I don't know what will.

OH wait yes I know what will stop them.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks this ISN'T the work of Muslim Brotherhood affiliated terrorist groups has their head in the sand.

They targeted a CHRISTIAN community, just as they've been targeting CHRISTIANS in Syria.

They're bringing their war to Lebanon.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Christians were in the middle east before Muslims, but yes Christians have been forced out of the middle east, they can come here but this wont stop the problem. I don't know what will.

OH wait yes I know what will stop them.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.

What I heard was if all the christians were gone then they would
just in fight over the different sect of islam they are under..
Shiite and Sunni sects would then fight for who is right..
What good does it do when they will not stop killing
and blowing crap up..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Man oh man I agree...lets put up a boat load of defense weaponry on our boarder..put up a a few dozen more hunter killer satellites and be done with the other countries....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
exterminate the salafist/wahabi's and the entire house of saud.
also any foreign "intelligence assets".

there.
problem solved.

anything beyond that is indulging the bigotries of the "ZOMG! Muslamic Invaders!!!" crowd
edit on 19-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

top topics

join