It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does It Really Matter How We Became?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For every action, there is a reaction. For every theory, there is an opposite theory. What if we are a combination of both? Does how we came to be really matter? You can beat your drum louder and louder and it's still just a drum.

What came first the chicken or the egg? One would have to exist first in order for the other to exist. Where they came from really does not matter. Chicken taste great either way, and I love scrambled eggs! The point I am trying to make is creationism and evolution both had to occur for either to exist.

We all evolve and adapt to our environment daily, weekly, yearly etc. We all were created somehow.

Both are semantics for the same thing. Existence. But how do we live our lives makes more of a difference. Free will gives us the ability to decide what we want to believe. Santa Clause, UFO's, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc. I was born in Atlanta. My mother was born in Chicago. Her father was born in Poland. Yet how we came to be was the same. Each of our parents procreated. My mother grew up during the depression, I did not. How I evolved is different based on my environment. Some people had parents that were slaves and the way they evolved is different. We all evolve. We all are created.

Different circumstances, yet created the same. I would be able to give many more specifics, but I believe I will let the gathering begin and the blathering commence.

Let her rip!

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I don't think it matters personally. It's at least fun to speculate on.

The funny thing is, whatever our metaphysical interpretations, and the vast differences between them, we are still nonetheless talking about the same thing. It's laughable if you think about it.

Good post.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Thank you for gathering and blathering! And the star. Yes, when it gets right down to it we still have to live our lives to the best we can regardless! Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

With all the trouble I have just tracing my family tree, I don't think anybody will ever truly know how we became.

We might have better luck finding out how the word, "blathering," became.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

LOL. I will refer you to a post I have in rants, see if you figure which one. But I get your gist, thanks for the reply.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
On one level I can agree with you whole heartedly. The here and now needs to be attended to, here and now. But in my opinion, history, and our origins, are important. We learn from history. It gives us situations and circustances to glean from in the present. And our origins are no different. Knowing our true origins would make a difference in the here and now. Changing someones perspective, can also change their life, and their perception(s) of reality.

So yes, I believe our origins as a species are truly important. Most adopted children go on a hunt for their real family sooner or later. It's an innate need in us to know as much about our roots as possible. I don't think that part of us will ever be extinguished.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A Family Tree does not answer who we are or where we came from
They are but bloodline
Now if you are talking about how the Human Race came into being that is a different matter
Or are you talking about how consciousness became aware it existed

No nothing really matters in one sense
Yet in another could be said to be vital information
Which throws another question out there - Where are we going

Do I think it important
Yes

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am not saying your roots are not important, I am saying how we as a species came to be is never going to be explained satisfactorily for all. We cannot worry about how we came to be, but rather who we are is more important and how we treat each other. The average life span of a human is 75 years old. The age of this planet is 4 billion years old, so worry about the 75 years you have and be the best soul you can be, today. Love your fellow souls. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
I am not saying your roots are not important, I am saying how we as a species came to be is never going to be explained satisfactorily for all. We cannot worry about how we came to be, but rather who we are is more important and how we treat each other. The average life span of a human is 75 years old. The age of this planet is 4 billion years old, so worry about the 75 years you have and be the best soul you can be, today. Love your fellow souls. Take care.
Ascension211

Hey, this was an awesome reply. Anybody who is having a bad day should really remember how short our life spans really are!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
I am not saying your roots are not important, I am saying how we as a species came to be is never going to be explained satisfactorily for all. We cannot worry about how we came to be, but rather who we are is more important and how we treat each other.
Ascension211

But our origins are vitally important and here's why. I know now that existence is due to Our Creator, and as such, I am now responsible and accountable to Him for my deeds done in this physical life. If you woke up tomorrow knowing that He created you, please trust me that you would have a completely opposite opinion. Without that knowledge, we strive to become like what we see in the world - famous or wealthy for example. With that knowledge, we soon realise that none of that matters because this reality is Satan's age. We then turn to do Our Creator's will.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's important because it'll force more of those claiming to have a personal relationship with an aIien space ghost that created everything to re-evaluate their beliefs and perhaps just perhaps come to the conclusion that maybe they were wrong and peoples sex lives are not that important.

Not to mention it'd help remove the most divisive force the world has EVER known...
edit on 19-10-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i've been studying why this information [our origions?] has been kept from us. any information you see me posting should be reguarded as highley speculative. [a disclaimer]

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Thank you for your kind words.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

If your going to cut and paste my post at least have the decency to post it all and not edit it to your desired statement.

As to your opinion, you are entitled, but it is all semantics. Take care.

Ascension211

top topics

join