It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious circle in the sky: Man captures UFO in the clouds moments before ten dead birds appear in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

really orsm meteorological phenomena, only ever seen one directly
Now back to this fake pic ;P

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The UFO ship is gone but perhaps the ship left a ring print.
Perhaps the ship went straight up blasting the birds underneath.
There is no dark spot or bright spot in the ring so the crew left the area.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

These clouds are very easy to fake:

edit on 10/20/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Pretty cool video but that smoke ring doesn't even slightly resemble a classic punch cloud.
edit on 21-10-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok let's see if I remember the right names through this, wish me luck!

Gortex's video really intrigues me as towards the end it seems to show some amazing depth looking like the ring is actually a very thin wall of cloud reaching upward more like an "on end" cylinder cloud than an innertube shape that I think most hole punch clouds resemble.

Defcon's video is amazing, I want one of those! But is it always black smoke that those produce? After some time does the black smoke eventually turn white and puffy? While very cool the black dense thin circle doesn't seem to closely resemble other pics vids I've seen of the hole punch clouds.

The original picture could be reflection of light fixture or opposing window since it was taken on a bus i think he said? The oddity to the left of chimney could possibly be a distorted reflection of person taking the photo? Not saying pic is definitely proof or fake either way just some thoughts that occurred to me.

Lastly, of the many hole punch cloud pics I've seen I've noticed a common feature of streaky almost "wing type "clouds forming in center of rings. Anyone else notice this trend or have ideas about it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's not a "fall-streak", although they both look round, but that is where the similarity ends.

It's probably a circular contrail from an aircraft in a temporary "holding pattern".

Source: Circular contrail near Fort Worth, Texas

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The same contrail was also photographed by Christine Clark in Whitehaven, which is about 10km away from where the photographs that were posted by the Daily Fail... I mean "Mail", were taken.

Here's the photograph taken by Christine Clark:

So it was not a hoax, or reflection in a window.

In fact, in the article posted by the Daily Mail, contrails are mentioned (did no one bother reading the article?).

A spokeswoman from the Met Office said: 'It looks like a it’s just a persisting circular contrail (a condensation trail of ice crystals produced by jet engines at high altitude).

There’s patchy high cirrus cloud around, so the atmosphere is moist enough to allow contrails to last for some time.

'It’s hard to tell whether the contrail is above or below the cloud around it but we suspect that in some places it is below, and the grey bits are then where the contrail shadow falls on the cloud beneath it.

'It’s unusual for a civil aircraft to be doing this sort of thing so it’s probably military.'

Ms Larkin said she had also heard unusual noises in the sky which sounded like ‘metal being scraped against metal’.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

Contrails like this are not all that rare, and on previous occasions analysis has been done that strongly suggests they are caused by military aircraft, probably an AWACS

This is from contrailscience.com:

In 30 minutes, the plane made two full turns and its contrail had drifted south by 50 km (wind speed of 100 km/h). The orbit of the plane was in one of the official zones of AWACS operation (www.aeroresource.co.uk...). Its parameters (left-hand turn, 40 km diameter, 15 minute full turn) are also in full agreement with the other reported observations of coiled contrails in and around the UK, attributed to the AWACS planes.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My phone was being difficult when I left the other post and I realize I wasn't as clear as i could have been.
I had been trying to give possible explanations for things like the line to the left of the cloud where the image darkened. Some suggested it was proof of fake, I was suggesting the change in brightness could have been due to reflection from light above or another window behind. Then I suggested that what people were seeing in left corner could have been the reflection of person taking picture.
Wasnt trying to discredit picture, actually trying to remind everyone to keep an open mind to why an image could look altered when it's not. I still have no professional background to say wether its real or not, but I think most people deserve an open mind until they prove that they don't

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

Calum Sherwood took this photo which shows an outline of what appears to be a UFO while on a bus in Salterbeck, south of Workington, Cumbria on Monday. UFO investigator Sharon Larkin found the birds in her garden and said that dead birds are 'associated with sightings of UFOs'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

looks fake to me any thought's?
edit on 19-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

It's not fake. I've seen similar examples posted elsewhere. Here's my theory:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It'll be the fellow from the fish factory in Maryport, he's always flying in bloody circles, plane or helicopter.

I doubt it is military, and it is too late on to be associated with the Whitehaven maritime festival.

It's either that or someone from Salterbeck opened their front door and blew a smoke ring

As for Sharons theory on dead birds and UFOs.......first I have heard of it round here, mind you she does come up with some far out theories.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The original photo was actually posted on another forum by the person who took the picture. I'm not sure if it is alright to link to other forums, so if this link is inappropriate, please feel free to remove it.

After it was used in the Daily Mail article, this is what the photographer had to say in post #34 on page 3:

"Hi thanks for all the replies. yeah this did make the daily mail and the sun and a few others. But heres the thing i never said it was anything other than an odd cloud. The explanations posted on here left me satisfied that its a falkirk cloud (if thats how its spelled) then few days ago i get a call from a girl asking if she can use my picture for an article about ufos that she is writing. I tell her what you guys told me but let her use it. Next day its a full article in the daily mail with the majority of it being fabrication and complete miss quotes of what i said. And as for the birds thing? Complete and utter lies. and now this journilist wont return my calls or emails "

The contrail idea mentioned above is an interesting one, but I am still of the opinion that this is most likely a punch cloud.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Calum Sherwood took this photo which shows an outline of what appears to be a UFO while on a bus in Salterbeck, south of Workington, Cumbria on Monday. UFO investigator Sharon Larkin found the birds in her garden and said that dead birds are 'associated with sightings of UFOs'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

looks fake to me any thought's?
edit on 19-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

Whoever Photoshopped it did a horrible job.
edit on 12/6/12 by GigaMillionaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GigaMillionaire

read the full thread genius and you will find out what it was,!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

It's probably a circular contrail from an aircraft in a temporary "holding pattern".

Nice, I've never seen that before.
It's importand to know how strange things can look that aren't ufo's.
It would be nice to have a thread with pictures of Venus, balloons, chinese lanterns,bugs, birds, swamp gas, drones...
Not to debunk but to learn how to recognise these things when they are filmed or photographed from a distance or with strong reflection ect...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by GigaMillionaire

read the full thread genius and you will find out what it was,!

That's rude.

You don't have to be a genius to see that it's a cloud. And the fact that there's a visible shade difference could be many things including that it's a fake.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morrel
It's importand to know how strange things can look that aren't ufo's.
It would be nice to have a thread with pictures of Venus, balloons, chinese lanterns,bugs, birds, swamp gas, drones...
Not to debunk but to learn how to recognise these things when they are filmed or photographed from a distance or with strong reflection ect...

I agree. It's a good idea

The trouble is, that even if you had examples of all these things, a thread like that would never be complete since each phenomena can have so many variations in appearance depending on the conditions it was photographed under, and even the camera/settings used to photograph it. It's also often the case that a photograph/footage of a particular phenomena looks nothing like it does "in real life".

It would be a good start though as long as people keep the above in mind, and there is no substitute for actually spending time looking at the sky and observing phenomena "in the flesh".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join