It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get live video footage from the moon - on the moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

It seems that the younger generation forgets that man has been navigating for hundreds of years before GPS.

Judging by who gets the stars and who doesn't, I'd say that the younger generation doesn't know and doesn't care about real science and engineering. They find themselves fully qualified to do anything after they've played enough video games.

It amazes me how many people on this site don't have even an elementary school understanding of science. What is worse, they simply refuse to read the material that could help them along. I'd say the US is toast.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsPeculiar
reply to post by XaniMatriX

If the sun were to burn people in space, then the higher you get in altitude the hotter it should get no?

Once you leave the atmosphere you will find yourself burning to a crisp on the sunward side and freezing solid on the shaded side. You will absorb radiant enery on the sunward side, and radiate heat away on the shaded side. This is why the spacecraft are continuously rolled. You can also assume that you will gather heat faster than you can get rid of it.
Did you ever read about commets or asteroids vaporizing when they come near to the sun? Those objects do not have an atmosphere, yet they never reach the sun. They get hot from the radiant energy, vaporize, and then those gass molecules generally drop to the sun due to the sun's gravity. The solid bodies rarely make it all the way to the sun's surface. (Vacuum, no atmosphere)

Sorry to do this, but have you been to space? can you your self confirm these popular beliefs?
What about mercury and Venus? by your logic, well not yours but others, they should have burned up a long long time ago, and you have not answered my question, if you would burn up in space while being directed at the sun, would a person not burn up the higher they climb a mountain? doesn't happen does it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Also most of the heat comes from within the planet after the energy has made contact with the planet.

This is not true. The heat deep in the earth comes from pressure, residual heat from the formation of the planet, and perhaps nuclear activity. Have you ever been in a cave? Caves are a great deal cooler than the surface of the planet. It stays that way until you get deep enough to be affected by heat conduction from the magma layers. If heat were coming from the earth there would be no polar ice caps.

On the other hand, we have polar ice caps because the incident energy from the sun strikes at an oblique angle, which serves to reduce the affective area exposed to sunlight.

So, assuming you still haven't "seen the light", what makes planetary molecules special? Why does radiation from the sun impart heat only dirt, water, and air molecules and not spacecraft of frying pan molecules? This is key to convincing me that you are correct. (Which you are not, by the way.)

If what they say about the earth is true then all of their mambo jumbo would be correct, no one knows if there is a core, no one knows how the planet was formed, and no one KNOWS what kind of deep layers this earth has, if anyone does say anything about it, then it is all just specualtion that has been taught as fact, im not stupid i know all of the training they provide in schools about how this earth was formed and space and what not, but i have not been in space my self, neither has anyone else on this website to confirm the training we have been provided, and fed over years and years.

My suggestion was just to make sure, so that the budget and the rover can be built properly after witnessing first hand the true conditions of space, not to get you guys giving me 9th grade lectures about space.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sorry to do this, but have you been to space? can you your self confirm these popular beliefs?

So, why do climbers on Mt. Everist require oxygen masks to reach the summit? Why do commercial airplanes carry oxygen masks in case of decompression? Just to continue the NASA hoax? Why can't airplanes fly all the way to the moon?

The "popular belief" is easy to confirm. Most anyone can build a model rocket that carries a barometer, and observe the steady drop in air pressure as the the rocket ascends. Ditto with a baloon. Those also have an operational ceiling, caused by thinning atmosphere.

I have built the little rocket with the barometer. The pressure really does drop. I've also climbed Pikes Peak, and the pressure dropped there as well. Not only that, I've been in an airplane or two, and their altimeter show a gain in altitude ... and those instruments work from air pressure.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What about mercury and Venus? by your logic,

Those two planets are, in fact, way too hot for us. Mercury is largely a melted mass. Have you researched this at all? There have been probes to both planets that sent back hard data.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

would a person not burn up the higher they climb a mountain? doesn't happen does it.

The highest mountain on earth is STILL in the atmosphere. Much of the sun's radiation, partucularly UV, is absorbed by the air. Climbers are in contact with really cold air, which cools them down faster than the heat from the sun. Climbers do wear coverings over their face that protects them from UV.

If you sit out in the sun on a summer day, you can get a sunburn. You get a sunburn only on the sunward side. A shaded thermometer in from of you would show the same temperature as such a thermometer behind you. The air does not give you a sunburn. The radiant energy ffrom the sun does.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My suggestion was just to make sure, so that the budget and the rover can be built properly after witnessing first hand the true conditions of space, not to get you guys giving me 9th grade lectures about space.

They have already done that, and all the data is published. If you did the same and posted the same results, nobody would believe you either!

You should have listened to those 9th grade lectures. I can assure you, since you did not AND you went no further than that, you would not be capable of getting anything onto the moon. That wouldn't make any difference, because nothing you could make would survive long enough to send back any data. Not that you could receive the weak signals anyway.

You hang out here too much. You see villans where there aren't any. We went to the moon.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

im not stupid i know all of the training they provide in schools about how this earth was formed and space and what not, but i have not been in space my self, neither has anyone else on this website to confirm the training we have been provided, and fed over years and years.

Don't be too sure about any of this. There are experiments that you can perform right here on earth that would verify much of what I have said. If you imagine yourself to be able to land a probe on the moon, surely you would begin by performing cheaper, easier experiments that would provide information for building your lander.

I have had conversations eye-to-eye with Apollo astronauts. They sure do believe that they landed on the moon. They also can be a sad bunch, because there are no thrills to top that one. They have said that to me. I worked with some of the engineers that made all of that possible. They sure are convinced that the machinery was designed to go to the moon and that the telemetry indicated it did so. NASA couldn't have hidden a hoax from any of those guys BECAUSE NASA DID NOT BUILD OR EVEN LAUNCH the hardware. Contractors did that, every last bit of it. Contractors are ordinary civilians that are not subject to NASA rules of silence. (There were no rules of silence.)

If you are so smart, go to the NASA material I have linked, and then tell me what could not have worked. Show the world the fatal flaw. Point out what failed or just couldn't be true. If you can't do that, then you sure as hell can't design any of that hardware yourself.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

My suggestion was just to make sure, so that the budget and the rover can be built properly after witnessing first hand the true conditions of space, not to get you guys giving me 9th grade lectures about space

You will need a great deal more than a 9th grade science class in order to make you dream come true. I have seen no evidence that you could devise any of the necessary hardware, flight plans, and telemetry equipment. I see no evidence that you would understand the results of any of your "findings".

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There already are cameras on the moon connected to electronic controls and antennas.

Do a Freedom of Information Act request to NASA to get all the info on the Lunar Rovers, everything down to the wiring schematics, circuit board schematics, and all software code on those Rovers.

They have antennas, camera, and control boxes. Wouldn't it be easier if we could figure out how to beam energy to those devices to get them to send images back?

After all they are just sitting there. NASA put FIVE Plutonium 238 nuclear batteries on the moon for their Lunar Surface experiments. They are still putting out 50-60% of their rated power....to this DAY!

If NASA would have plugged one of them into a Lunar Rover before they left we'd still be getting live feeds right now. Maybe we are.

Why send cameras to the moon when we already have many sitting up there....already plugged into antennas and control boxes.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

If NASA would have plugged one of them into a Lunar Rover before they left we'd still be getting live feeds right now.

No, those cameras didn't last that long. High temperature degrades electronics, especially something like image tubes.

Glad you weighed in. Its kind of frustrating, though. There are people who have already made up their minds and refuse to be confused with facts. The level of education seems to be a lot lower than I would have expected on this site. It does give me useful perspective for the rest of the stuff posted on the site.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Why send cameras to the moon when we already have many sitting up there....already plugged into antennas and control boxes.

I thought it would be worth the effort to provide you a link to the scientific findings from the Surveyor parts brought back to earth by the Apollo 12 crew. Bear in mind, the Surveyor was there only 31 months prior to being picked up and returned.

Surveyor Parts Anaysis

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So if the Lunar Rover's sitting up there can't be used because the sun cooked them.....

Why would you waste your time and money to send a web camera to the moon to send us pictures back if the life expectancy is maybe a few weeks-months tops?

The moon lacks a magnetic field/ thick enough atmosphere to protect them from the sun.

Waste of time/money.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Why would you waste your time and money to send a web camera to the moon to send us pictures back if the life expectancy is maybe a few weeks-months tops?

It isn't me who is advocating this. I'm the one telling them that "its already been done", and "the moon really isn't worth the expense", and "NASA has already published the scientific findings", and "its take a lot of money and real scientific and engineering savey to reach the moon".

I'm also the one telling them that there really is a vacuum in space, the sun will cook your butt, and the Apollo landings really did occur.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Sorry to do this, but have you been to space?

Sorry to do this ... but, do you believe that World War II happened? Did you see it? Do you believe that the Americas were settled by Europeans even though there were people already living here? Did you see it? Do you believe that the Romans conquered most of the known world? Did you see them do it? How do you know the Egyptian pyramids exist? Have you seen them with your own eyes?

It seems to me that you become a skeptic only when you encounter something you cannot fully understand. There is a cure for that. Read. Study. Enjoy the wonders mankind has wrought. Don't proudly bask in stubborn and premeditated ignorance.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Sorry to do this, but have you been to space?

Sorry to do this ... but, do you believe that World War II happened? Did you see it? Do you believe that the Americas were settled by Europeans even though there were people already living here? Did you see it? Do you believe that the Romans conquered most of the known world? Did you see them do it? How do you know the Egyptian pyramids exist? Have you seen them with your own eyes?

It seems to me that you become a skeptic only when you encounter something you cannot fully understand. There is a cure for that. Read. Study. Enjoy the wonders mankind has wrought. Don't proudly bask in stubborn and premeditated ignorance.

Very well said mister, i have not attacked you or your knowledge of anything, i have not questioned your findings or the things you have read, heard and seen. World War 2 did happen, our grand parents were in it providing us with actual evidence, provided that they are still alive, but trust me even they would tell you a different story then what you hear in history lessons or popular books. Any history of which i have no physical connection to, neither do you or anyone else anymore, is nothing more then a story, it has nothing to do with now or the future, why bring that up in the first place on this thread is questionable, especially your motives since your reactions have been nothing but negative in nature.

I have not seen the pyramids but just because i do not think about them has nothing to do with me in believing in their existence, being a skeptic is a gift just as others receive other gifts from life, looking down on other's opinions and belief's, also their ability to question other's authority on what is up or down in this universe is an ignorant act.

It is my skeptic mind that sent man to the moon, and space, it is my skeptic mind that fought for truth, that the earth is not flat, that it is round and much more beautiful and bigger. It is my skeptic mind that pushes threads such as this to see the truth no matter how small or big.

Sorry, i forgive you for your arrogant replies, but we all must have our authority, and our own opinion on the world around us in order to learn the truth of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

World War 2 did happen, our grand parents were in it providing us with actual evidence, provided that they are still alive,

Ah, this is no different than understanding that Apollo landed on the moon. There are men, still living, who can tell you that the went there. There are also thousands of people, still living, who testify that the space program was real and it met its design criteria, and that nothing interfered with the missions.

Why the faith in one set of people and not the other.

(By the way, you did reply in condescending manners at time. That is what irked me.)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

i have not attacked you or your knowledge of anything

I am attacking your lack of knowledge, and going to a lot of trouble doing so, just to HELP you. I have asked you questions that should make you stop to think about your notions of science. If you actually thought about those questions, you might begin to understand that you have not been lied to about basic physics. Many of the physical principles were validated as far back as the 1700s! Nothing has been discovered in the interim to change anyone's mind.

If physics were misunderstood, there would be no high altitude jet airplanes. There would be no cell phones either. Remember the experiment I posed to you where two aluminum blocks were put in a bell jar, and then the air pumped out? We were required to do those experiments in college in our freshman year. We had to redo all of the old experiments just to see for ourselves that the principles were correct.

So, I encourage you to read about physics and the early experiments. You can repeat all of them inexpensively on your own. Why is it important to know about the vacuum? For one thing, some materials will outgas until they are all gone in a vacuum ... you don't want anything in your probe to disappear before it gets to the moon, do you?

If you would go back and read my questions and actually thoughtfully ponder them, you would see that I really am trying to seed some thoughts that would be helpful to you. You have been very frustrating becuase you refuse to follow any of the lines of questioning that you will eventually have to follow to make your project a success.

Consider this: Can you, personnally, make a P-51 fighter plane? If the answer is a resounding NO, then consider that the gentlemen who went before must have known some things that you did not. They did that during WW II, which was twenty years before Apollo. By the way, the men who worked on Apollo were the same folks who designed and built the war birds of WW II.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hi there,

I started this thread 2 years ago, and I am happy to say that we are very busy working on a prototype of a device that can accomplish our goal. During the time several people joined the team, several people left it, but I am still happy to have an aerospace engineer on board and people fighting to make the dream come true. We had several setbacks and had to start all over again, as well as too little time due to private matters.

To make the long story short: I deliberately left the thread after I saw that the majority of people were too busy focusing in personal attacks rather than providing ideas or insight how this project could be realised.

The other good news is, that an initial funding (only for material expenses) is on its way to be secured, with no obligations or strings attached.

That said, I am looking for engineers, designers, technicians and in general people that could help realise this project, and that are serious about it. A website, as well as an official non-profit organisation is also on its way in order to keep things legal and put a face on the project.

I am not quite sure if this is against the rules of ATS (I've read them), if so, please delete this post. If not, people can get in touch with me at [email protected] or via PM on the forum.

George

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join