It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get live video footage from the moon - on the moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea to me, put a live feed on the moon, I'm sure we could easily construct a moon-webcam that could survive for thousands of years. Sounds like one of the most reasonable moon project ideas I've heard in a long time, why NASA has never proposed/attempted this is a sign of their weakness.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
edit on 21-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I believe it can be done.
how much fuel would you safe if you use a high altitude balloon?
it would be a launch platform.
think about it. you are only sending some thing small up.

they will not let it happen.
Virgins space plane had sent two engines that had Crackt blades.
only a robot plain crashes.
so they fail'd to stop him. they are trying other ways.

Concord crashes. they Fix it, then just stop?
They dont want any one in high orbit...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

He goes one way about 180 degree's then comes back. They actually did the same thing I think in that other panoramic shot. But again, they never move the camera up or around enough as that might expose some key stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Why haven't we ever gone back? It should be 1000 times easier now since we have far more advanced technology. Or why hasn't any other advancing nation made it there mission to land someone on the moon? Maybe because it's impossible.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I take it that you haven't actually seen the video or you are in purpose repeating a lie. Protip: look at the shadows.
edit on 21/10/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
He goes one way about 180 degree's then comes back. They actually did the same thing I think in that other panoramic shot.

Excellent.
Then we are now both agreed that your earlier statement of ...

, up, down or any direction other than a stationary shot in one direction

... is simply not true.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Sounds like a good idea to me, put a live feed on the moon, I'm sure we could easily construct a moon-webcam that could survive for thousands of years. Sounds like one of the most reasonable moon project ideas I've heard in a long time, why NASA has never proposed/attempted this is a sign of their weakness.

Sounds like one of the most unreasonable projects in space exploration I've heard of. The scientific benefits of such a project would be practically zero. And of course there's the subject of money and investment. Besides, looking the live feed on the Moon is like looking at a still picture - nothing ever changes.

Instead of silly ideas like that, NASA have been busy building and using the International Space Station. Which, incidentally, has a live video feed that is 100 times more interesting to watch. www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
they never could point the camera in a 360 pan

And heres another one.
Complete, 360, from flag to flag.
Apollo 17...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Sounds like one of the most unreasonable projects in space exploration I've heard of. The scientific benefits of such a project would be practically zero. ...

Instead of silly ideas like that, NASA have been busy building and using the International Space Station. Which, incidentally, has a live video feed that is 100 times more interesting to watch. www.nasa.gov...

All I can see on that stream you posted is a black picture ... anyway, I agree that watching the earth from the ISS might be interesting for a few hours. Yet you go around in circles. i would get bored after a few days.

As of my "silly" project and the scientific benefits:

- when was the last time a rover crossed the whole moon?
- when was the last time you saw a picture from the dark side of the moon?
- when was the last time you saw a second, alternative source for any data provided so far on the moon's atmosphere, geological structure, etc. ?
- when was the last time people of any nationality received free access to real life footage of the moon (of their personal interest)?

I could go on a lot on this. But I've made my point - There is a lot we still don't know about the moon. We even didn't explore it, yet we make plans for Mars, Titan and Europe. China is sending a rover to the moon in 2013. India has similar plans too. If there wasn't any space for more scientific research, why would they spend millions on that?

Calling this, or any other project on that matter "silly" is a bit harsh.

edit on 21/10/12 by absente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by absente

A lunar rover with scientific tools is indeed a good idea. I myself hope for such a rover to be built soon. Of course the HD colour images and videos it will provide will be of great interest to the public. Some of the things I'd like tro see filmed or photographed is the lunar landscape lit by Earthshine, and the red landscape during the full Moon eclipse, as well as the shots of Earth during such an eclipse.

When I said "silly idea" I meant just the webcam being there on its own, for the sake of the live video.
edit on 21-10-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Why haven't we ever gone back? It should be 1000 times easier now since we have far more advanced technology. Or why hasn't any other advancing nation made it there mission to land someone on the moon? Maybe because it's impossible.

It's not 1000 times easier now.
Is building a plane easier now than it was in 1945?
And the simple fact that no other nation has done it since should tell you that it's not easy.
Iran would love to stick their finger in the eye of the US by landing a probe there. But they are having enough problems just getting something into orbit. Of course the US might have been hindering their efforts.

The US has not gone back because the Moon is a dead rock. It's not like we are going to find cave dwellers if we keep going back.
We only went there for political reasons in the first place. Once we won the space race we moved on to a navel race against the same country.

If you want to learn more about how harsh the conditions are for DIY space projects look into Ham radio sattelites. They have been building them for decades and hitching rides into orbit on public rockets.

The biggest show stopper for a DIY space probe I see is not propulsion or electronics or even permission.
It's tracking! How does a group of DIYers across the globe track the EXACT position in space?
You can't simply say the probe will have star sights because that system would be far to iffy on a DIY system. You need to confirm what the probe thinks before you can set your next burn.

jra

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente
- when was the last time a rover crossed the whole moon?

Never. Do you realize how long of a drive that would be?

- when was the last time you saw a picture from the dark side of the moon?

Quite recently. NASA's current mission that's orbiting the Moon is taking high resolution images among other data of the entire Moon as we speak. They've released tens of thousands of images of both the near and far side of the Moon and continue to do so.

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

- when was the last time you saw a second, alternative source for any data provided so far on the moon's atmosphere, geological structure, etc. ?

Japan, India and China have all sent missions to the Moon in the past few years. And they all plan to send more.

- when was the last time people of any nationality received free access to real life footage of the moon (of their personal interest)?

I'm not sure what you mean by "real life footage", but NASA gives free access to literally tons of there data, unlike most other space agencies.

There is a lot we still don't know about the moon. We even didn't explore it, yet we make plans for Mars, Titan and Europe. China is sending a rover to the moon in 2013. India has similar plans too. If there wasn't any space for more scientific research, why would they spend millions on that?

I agree that there is still a lot to learn about the Moon. I don't think any scientist would disagree with you either. NASA has a number of planned Lunar missions in the works, as do a bunch of other Countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

Have you spent any time looking up the Google Lunar X-Prize teams and their projects at all? It might help generate some ideas.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

okay now go up down and round and round please?

jra

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Go to the Apollo Lunar surface Journal and start watching. The link goes to Apollo 17. You can try watching EVA 1, it's only around 5 hours worth of video, so I hope you have some free time.

There you can see the camera pan 360 degrees many times, sometimes they pan up to look up at the Earth, if I recall correctly. You make all these false claims about the Apollo video, but it's clear you've never sat down and watched much of any of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

So for the 100 billion that went missing you get a two bit basement job of a website that some 12 year old kid could built for free. With a bunch of fake lunar landing videos on it that were doing in a studio? You obviously dont care at all that 100 billion went missing for this 5 hours grainy movie you're getting which could easily have been done for a few million dollars.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So the only argument you have in the end that it's fake cause it's fake in your imagination. Nothing you can articulate specifically that indicates that it's fake. Also replying to you being caught lying by just going "it's fake, website ugly herp derp" doesn't make your argument very strong.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

You don't understand.....

DON'T YOU GET IT????

TPTB are theives! High on there agenda is robbing the common man. That happens via taxes mostly. But for those taxes there has to be accountability. So they appropreate so much for nasa each year. At that time they spent 100 billion on 1 season of appollo.

The did the project for say under 100 million the, kept all the rest of the money! All the rest of the funds was stolen, because like I said they are theives. They're the maffia! They steal that's one of there key MO's

Oh no TPTB would never steal a single dime or try and deceive anyone, not ever! What planet are you from???

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So they are thieves who manage to fake the most researched and most scrutiniest event in human history. And they pull it off without any evidence left behind. Yeah right. You are stating your biased fantasy as a fact.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I get it: Your ignorance is truly astonishing. You're arguing engineering, history and science as matters of ideology. They are matters of fact that can be researched, analyzed and verified. You are so consumed by your emotions that you don't really care about the truth. Admit it: You don't really care if man has walked on the Moon or not.

Do you want to know what the real irony is? The real tragedy?

YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR THE PEOPLE YOU SAY YOU ARE AGAINST.

The Powers That Be want to keep you down.
They want you complacent.
They don't want things to change.
They don't want tomorrow to be different.
Stay in your meaningless job.
Get drunk.
Watch TV.
Buy their products.
You're not going anywhere.
Things aren't going to get better.
Don't dream that they ever can be.

Apollo proved that those who want us conformist and mundane were - and are - wrong.
The 1960s was a time when the people woke-up. They refuted the government's propaganda. They refused to fight in its wars. They took to the streets, and stood-up for human dignity and against racial injustice.

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? " -- Robert F. Kennedy

That was the spirit of the time; and the greatest symbol of it was Project Apollo. Could we do the seemingly impossible? Could we overcome so many obstacles? Can we build a new future? These weren't just questions about the "Moon Race" - They were questions about America and the world. Throughout the '60s, the politicians tried to kill the dream. People struggled, worked, sweated, and died.

We did it. We went to the Moon. Ingenuity, perserverance and determination won the day.
Nixon came along and killed the program, but the victory was there. The symbol had been build for all people that yes, we can change the world - and that symbol would be there for all time.

At least, that what we thought, until people like r2d246 and Sayonara Jupiter came along.
You argue strenuosly that ingenuity, perserverance and determination didn't amount to anything. That's exactly what TPTB want. "Don't try to change the world..." They do worse than stealing money - they steal our dreams, our past, and our future.

And you are helping them.

Shame on you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join