It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have you learned at ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
These are few i noticed

1. Im a sceptic
2. Definition of thruth varies by the invidual, background and eduacation
3. You can´t please everyone, so expect someone to tell you get the ( bad word ) off, and ignore it
4. People love Flame Wars, it can be entertaining
5. Great source of knowledge and nonsense

maybe more.. someday

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
1. I've learned that no matter how many facts and solid arguments you use, it won't change a person's belief if they really want to believe it.

2. I've learned many interesting physics and math principles which explain various phenomena and make the world really beautiful.

3. I've learned that some people are paranoid about everything.

4. I've learned that the president will be hated no matter what.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I've learned that the president will be hated no matter what.

Or who he is.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That there are times that things are not as they seem BUT sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by AccessDenied
And most of all...that no matter how much I search for answers, I'm left with more questions.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That. And chicken pants. There's one I wish I could un-learn.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Oh the horror of it all!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
1) The debates here generally go nowhere and are pointless.

2) There are a lot of people with mental issues that are drawn to fringe topics.

3) Most of the people who come here would rather embrace ignorance and deny truth.

4) New Agers and the 'peace and love' crowd really get on my nerves, even more so than other beliefs.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

4) New Agers and the 'peace and love' crowd really get on my nerves, even more so than other beliefs.

I agree what is up with all this peace and love crap? Damn hippies!

I say we round 'em up and put them is one of those FEMA camps as a trial run.

(I'm joking guyz).
edit on 19-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
1 - There no evidence for visiting aliens.
2 - There is better evidence for us having gone to moon than i realized but its clear something isnt right about the whole thing.
3 - Many documentaries about alternative subjects are just flat out lies.
4 - YouTube is the worst source for UFO evidence in the history of Ufology.
5 - The ancient aliens theory is total BS put together by people who want your money.
6 - Over 90% of the UFO movement is just money orientated by con artists.
8 - You cant trust anyone who has a book for sale.
9 - Lots of people out there don't care about the truth when it comes to religion or aliens as they seem to need to believe in some kind of higher power.
10 - Lots of people with fairies, dolphins, angles or pictures of the earth in soft focus in their avatars are more likely to lean towards crazy theories for any given ambiguous event.
11 - If you can link a bunch of things together from films, cartoons and real life and use numbers in the process to form a theory that something terrible will happen in the future you will get a ton of flags and stars on ATS.
12 - We know a hell of a lot more about how the pyramids and other ancient sites were made than people selling books about UFO's and the past would have us believe.
13 - Sometimes there seems to be more people at ATS looking for validation to their own crazy way of thinking rather than looking for the truth of whats really going on.
14 - Population overcrowding is a lie.
15 - Fort Knox may have no gold in it at all.

And last of all ..Take NOTHING on face value ALWAYS question everything.

edit on 19-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

10 - people with fairies, dolphins, angles or pictures of the earth in soft focus in their avatars are more likely to lean towards crazy theories for any given ambiguous event.

Dolphins are a sign of craziness? Hmmm.... that theory in itself may require further investigation. Any animal who attacks a great white shark is a little crazy so you may have a point.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I think I'm going to change my Avatar!!!!............................................................................................................................................ ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................to a dolphin!!!

edit on 19-10-2012 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
reply to post by cavalryscout

I think I'm going to change my Avatar!!!!............................................................................................................................................ ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................to a dolphin!!!

edit on 19-10-2012 by zbeliever because: (no reason given)

nice. I gave you a star

edit on 19-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

that the are people who will believe anything

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I have learned a great wealth of information from this one site alone. Well mostly information that leads me to further information. Keywords and such.

I have found its also how to taught me to deal with people socially on an online manner.

I am from the old school, when I was in high school, we did not have the internet. We had Oregon Trail. lol
I learned that social issues are much different online. ATS/BTS have helped me with these new social skills.

I have learned that its best to sometimes just walk away from being online at times of frustration, or in times like these.. I will be back after the Election. Things are just far to heated, and people are down right intolerant of each other. This seeps into the everyday I find too, so its no better in the real world. But in the real world, you can look a man or woman in the eyes, and they tend to be much less brave than online.

Plus I have learned what you put online stays online, (common sense). Thus someone who is frustrated writes something, and is forever known as that guy. I have taken great strides to keep a cool head on here, its not easy when you see two sides who are rabid foaming at the mouth, tearing each other and all for what?

I have learned that its different today than what it was when I was growing up.
I have learned I sound like I am getting old.. And that is one big step. I never thought Id make it too 21, then 31. Now almost 40, things are moving right along, and I have learned to not to get sweep up into the madness and find myself a good book to read.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I learned a few things since joining in 2003, and most of those I found to be very surprising.

1/ Americans EXPECT everyone to Lie, and so no one is worth listening to apparently.

2/ A good number of Sheldon's are members here. I say Sheldons because these few people display the same type of behaviour.. they are always right according to peer reviewed science, even when they have no direct experience of some things. And are thus able to call Hoax whenever they wish despite not having access to sensitive information that changes their entire paradigm.

3/ Over the past 9 years 5 people have "got it" from reading something I posted here... and that makes it all worthwhile.

4/ Even when you leave for health reasons you will find yourself coming back from time to time to see how the place is going.

5/ Gen Y take everything said about their specific culture as an intended offence to them personally.

6/ Most people are still stick in the Belief-System Indoctrination of their culture and cannot, will not, see the simplest alternative truth in front of them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join