It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I also see those smaller shadowy movements, sort of like insects, but when I look I can't find anything. They can dart past quite quickly. A friend of mine and her partner also see them and call them the 'fast movers'.
I find they can vary in size, sometimes seeming like human sized.

I've seen other stuff not so shadowy. For example, I clearly saw a cat go past at top of stairs. But something made me question - did I really see that for real? When I went to inspect there were no cats, and our cats were outside.

I've also seen that white mistiness you mention. I've heard it descried before, almost a stereotypical, cliched form of a ghost - but it's another thing entirely when you notice it yourself isn't it!

You described that rippling effect well as a vortex. Not sure if you've noticed that this vortex/rippling effect can intensify and be much stronger at times? This could just be to do with how tuned in the perception is to it.

Very interesting about blueish reflective light.

Originally posted by Wifibrains
I see a few ,different things from time to time. Mostly I see little shadow balls that move like flying insects, sometimes I'll see a floating whitish mist drift by. Both of these dissapear when trying to look directly at them. The rippling air effect I would describe as a faint holographic vortex swirling and changing color and speed. In a pitch black room sometimes I'll see like a blueish light, almost like its reflecting off of water onto the walls and ceiling, flashes of white or blue, and tiny dots of red.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Question 1 , do you smoke, question 2, how good is your eyesight

Sounds to me like a vision issue

The human eye can see what you describe if you are really bored and are looking at a blank wall/ceiling for far too long

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Yes I smoke, but that's not the mist, if that's what your thinking, and my eyesight is fine.

It's not that I staring at a blank wall or ceiling bored, how boring would that be lol. The room is dark, I can't see nothing, but soon can begin to focus on the vortex or reflection type faint light.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Yea, sometimes it's just there, and sometimes I'll have to relax my eyes and not focus on anything to see it.

The blueish light thing has kind of subsided but was very tranquil and soothing.

The little shadows, fast movers, are relentless and I see dozens every day, tiny dot sized up to about the size of a golf ball, never for more than a second and it's gone.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Yes I smoke, but that's not the mist, if that's what your thinking, and my eyesight is fine.

I think I know where he is going with this.
Smoking spikes your blood pressure, its also REALLY bad for your eyesight...

www.medicalnewstoday.com...
If you are a smoker not only is your risk of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD) greater, but also the risk of existing AMD progressing faster is also higher if you smoke. This is according to an article published in Archives of Ophthalmology (JAMA/Archives).

AMD is a leading cause of vision loss among older people, the authors explain. Previous studies had already demonstrated that smoking is one of the few modifiable risk factors for AMD. Smoking leads to higher AMD risk through several pathways - smoking reduces antioxidant levels, it lowers blood flow around the eye, and it may also affect the coloration (pigments) in the retina.

en.wikipedia.org...
Signs and symptoms of macular degeneration include:
Drusen
Pigmentary alterations
Exudative changes: hemorrhages in the eye, hard exudates, subretinal/sub-RPE/intraretinal fluid
Atrophy: incipient and geographic
Visual acuity drastically decreasing (two levels or more), e.g.: 20/20 to 20/80.
Preferential hyperacuity perimetry changes (for wet AMD) [7][8]
Blurred vision: Those with nonexudative macular degeneration may be asymptomatic or notice a gradual loss of central vision, whereas those with exudative macular degeneration often notice a rapid onset of vision loss.
Central scotomas (shadows or missing areas of vision)
Distorted vision in the form of metamorphopsia, in which a grid of straight lines appears wavy and parts of the grid may appear blank: Patients often first notice this when looking at miniblinds in their home.
Trouble discerning colors, specifically dark ones from dark ones and light ones from light ones
Slow recovery of visual function after exposure to bright light
A loss in contrast sensitivity

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thanks for your response. I don't smoke and my optician said I have 20/20 vision. Does it still sound like a vision issue?

Originally posted by Razimus
Question 1 , do you smoke, question 2, how good is your eyesight

Sounds to me like a vision issue

The human eye can see what you describe if you are really bored and are looking at a blank wall/ceiling for far too long

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I have experienced all of the things you've mentioned the "dings" I see them everyday as well as the floaters. The ripple in the air, this only happened to me once. About two months ago I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes when I looked out into my living room when I saw a ripple in the air. It only lasted for a few seconds and I never saw it again. I have been searching to see if any one else had this happen to them and I finally found your post today. And like you, I have 20/20 vision. As strange as this is, I am glad not to be the only person that's going through this. Now I just have to figure out what this really is.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that experience. I would say keep on focusing on this because the more you focus the more it intensifies and you see more. I see ripple distortions in the air numerous times a day now. Also with regards seeing auras, that also has progressed to seeing more. I set aside time everyday to observe. Do you ever practice seeing the energy field round your hands? First it starts a faint glow, then intensifies. Then with more practice you start to see all sorts of air distortions around your hands, in between fingers - then almost like faint cobwebby lines coming out of finger tips. Moving your arms around helps see more distortions and often creates some a few feet away in room. Basically the whole room becomes a soup of these air distortions, along with the dings sparkling in and out. If you keep looking you might start to notice tiny little rows of tiny bubbles here and there, clinging to your finger tips. Awesome :-)

NRich

I have experienced all of the things you've mentioned the "dings" I see them everyday as well as the floaters. The ripple in the air, this only happened to me once. About two months ago I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes when I looked out into my living room when I saw a ripple in the air. It only lasted for a few seconds and I never saw it again. I have been searching to see if any one else had this happen to them and I finally found your post today. And like you, I have 20/20 vision. As strange as this is, I am glad not to be the only person that's going through this. Now I just have to figure out what this really is.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Btw with regards blood pressure (and also retina problems) it's interesting to note that I recently went for my check up at opticians. Nothing wrong at all. I don't wear glasses. Also had my blood pressure taken recently. No problems with that either.

defcon5

I think I know where he is going with this.
Smoking spikes your blood pressure, its also REALLY bad for your eyesight...

www.medicalnewstoday.com...
If you are a smoker not only is your risk of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD) greater, but also the risk of existing AMD progressing faster is also higher if you smoke. This is according to an article published in Archives of Ophthalmology (JAMA/Archives).

AMD is a leading cause of vision loss among older people, the authors explain. Previous studies had already demonstrated that smoking is one of the few modifiable risk factors for AMD. Smoking leads to higher AMD risk through several pathways - smoking reduces antioxidant levels, it lowers blood flow around the eye, and it may also affect the coloration (pigments) in the retina.

en.wikipedia.org...
Signs and symptoms of macular degeneration include:
Drusen
Pigmentary alterations
Exudative changes: hemorrhages in the eye, hard exudates, subretinal/sub-RPE/intraretinal fluid
Atrophy: incipient and geographic
Visual acuity drastically decreasing (two levels or more), e.g.: 20/20 to 20/80.
Preferential hyperacuity perimetry changes (for wet AMD) [7][8]
Blurred vision: Those with nonexudative macular degeneration may be asymptomatic or notice a gradual loss of central vision, whereas those with exudative macular degeneration often notice a rapid onset of vision loss.
Central scotomas (shadows or missing areas of vision)
Distorted vision in the form of metamorphopsia, in which a grid of straight lines appears wavy and parts of the grid may appear blank: Patients often first notice this when looking at miniblinds in their home.
Trouble discerning colors, specifically dark ones from dark ones and light ones from light ones
Slow recovery of visual function after exposure to bright light
A loss in contrast sensitivity

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I see energy in the air and in nature, frequently. And things that dart, shadows that move. Not happy with them either. In the daytime too, but at night anything that moves can certainly stay away from me. Different energies, movement, like rivers of energy, particles at times, waves at times. Have low blood pressure. Currently around 110.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I have seen these rippling affects as well as the microscopic creature things, and the flashes. Sometimes I find these phenomena distracting, and will focus on them instead of the subject I am supposed to. I also see them radiating off of objects. I too have had my vision checked, and have perfect vision.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Keeping to the site rules best I can, the phenomona you're referring to I experience on a daily basis, almost like you've got the static from a detuned tv over your field of vision but translucent. In my case its from too much time spent with the Beatles good friend Lucy, and several other friends ( don't think I broke any rules with that?) any now has caused a condition called HPPD. But for you to be seeing it would mean your mind is a bit more open to...energy floating in the air. the little translucent specks (called floaters) tha kinda drop from the top to the bottom of your field of vision are dead pieces of your eye well...floating lol. Stop movin yer eyes so much, you're gonna detach a retina.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Most of us are aware of floaters:

en.wikipedia.org...

What most of us are seeing moves independent of eye movement

WakingDream
Keeping to the site rules best I can, the phenomona you're referring to I experience on a daily basis, almost like you've got the static from a detuned tv over your field of vision but translucent. In my case its from too much time spent with the Beatles good friend Lucy, and several other friends ( don't think I broke any rules with that?) any now has caused a condition called HPPD. But for you to be seeing it would mean your mind is a bit more open to...energy floating in the air. the little translucent specks (called floaters) tha kinda drop from the top to the bottom of your field of vision are dead pieces of your eye well...floating lol. Stop movin yer eyes so much, you're gonna detach a retina.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

Hello Aelf, I think I have had what you explained on a similar and semi regular basis for years. I have really good blood pressure, so much so that I always make the nurses check twice. I have had this experience for many years. I do see the starry spots once and a while but I attribute that to a fractured skull and concussion from when I was younger. I have often contemplated what is causing this. I have wondered if it is my mind attempting to tap into a visual interpretation of seeing the frequency plane that we exist upon or possibly rifts in the frequency levels where other frequencies may be passing into the field in which we are existing. I know this sounds strange however I have many beliefs in "strange" things. Just food for though. I would like to find a way to channel it. The starry lights stuff only happens when I over exert myself and like mentioned, I attribute that to a childhood incident. This in my belief is something totally different. No mental, or real mental illness in the family and I keep regularly hydrated. Been to the doctors and my eyes and mind are sound. Had many MRI's and CT scans over the last 15 years and nothing out of the ordinary. I believe that we may be able to tap into other realms and find this intriguing. Feel free to message me back.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

I did today. Crazy trying to explain this to my husband who wanted me to let him drive after that was said. Lol

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aelfrede
Was wondering if any of you have noticed a strange see-through rippling effect in the air at times (inside and outdoors/cold and warm weather)? The closest I can compare it to is like the ripples of a heat wave on a hot summer day or the shimmering effect that radiates above anything hot like radiators. Sometimes when I see it, the whole thing can swirl around and move more - on such occasions I might realise a fly has just flown past me and seems to impact this see-through swirling 'stuff'. But other times, after close inspection of the room I'm in, there is nothing, no flies - seemingly nothing to cause that rippling stuff to swirl and shift about.

I also see that static effect that I've heard mentioned on other threads. Also the darting around 'microscopic creature' type things that dart about, noticible especially when looking up at the sky. I also see what I call 'dings', flashes of light that can vary in colour and size. Sometimes they look orb like. Also unusual fast movements in my peripheral vision like something is there, but when I look there's usually nothing.

I have had my vision tested numerous times since experiencing this phenomena (had this for many years, but seems to be intensifying more in recent times). I had the eye pressure test, that was fine. The optician said I had 20/20 vision. I don't have any medical problems that would cause these effects. Also I have floaters as well, these are completely different to the other phenomena and just float about in relation to eye movement.

Anyway, I would love to hear from others who have noticed this rippling effect in the air and the 'movements'.

Thanks,

Aelf

Yes to all, plus blue ding

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: brandyfriend

It could be an ocular migraine. I get them off and on.
www.allaboutvision.com...

Close, by not quite how I experience it:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I had that a few times, not fun

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
I don't get the headache that some do.
Mostly it's an annoyance.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:04 PM