It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi juggernot, thanks for your report. Were those large flashes covering your whole visual field, or smaller little flashes - like sparks of light?

Originally posted by juggernot
I experienced flashes of light for the first time alst night. It scared the crap outta me. (Well my PTSD comes into play and does that). But i tried checking every angle to see if somehow something reflected off of the chairit came from. (a wooden rocking chair) I may have missed it above but was there an explanation for this?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply CosmicEgg. It may well be an effect of expanded awareness. As to whether the lights are archangels, I'm not sure about that. I try to not let my belief taint what I see, so I do my best to suspend it.

Thanks for the offer of discussion, which I may well take you up on at some point!

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Yes, this has been an aspect of my life for many years now. It's a symptom of expanded awareness. Yes, your awareness is growing. There are no pills to cure it and the doctors will not find the physical source of your malady. lol

The colored lights are archangels, as I understand it. I don't know for sure but that's what I'm told. I like them and encourage them to hang out with me, and they do.

There will be lots of other symptoms coming up over time. We can discuss those things here or in private. Just say the word.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have been aware of the phenomenna I mention in my OP since my early twenties, (except the rippling effect which started approx 8 years ago) and see them with both eyes. The dings of light I see just spark in the same place, they don't shoot across my field of vision. There's not loads at once (like those sparkly lights that happen when you get up too quickly).

Originally posted by jheherrin
reply to post by juggernot

This can absolutely be a completely normal phenomenon of the lense of the eye starting to deteroriate as we get older. I experienced it myself, in my right eye; shooting star type lights. It's sad and very telling that some people who may be experiencing this immediately resort to supernatural explanations.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Interesting gwynnhwyfar. I have also experienced those things not only in bed just before sleep (e.g. someone/something grasped my upper arm. Also feeling someone sit down at the end of my bed) and during sleep (waking me up, e.g. someone hugging me but no one was in bed with me at time!), but also when wide awake. For example, in kitchen washing-up, something was pushing me in my lower back.

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I never get to see anything paranormal - my area of sensitivity is sensation, apparently. I have been sat on, pushed, and had an unseen arm around my waist. Trust me, I'm a believer.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I get similar effects when I have an aural migraine. It usually takes around fifteen minutes and just has the ripples and flashes, but other time I get shimmering zig zag lines that obscure my vision, and occasionally my vision breaks up entirely and I can't see at all.

I get those, They are called "scintillating scotomas" and are as you say, aural migraines. The weird thing is, all my siblings got them too! Ours started around the time of the switch from analogue to digital television, though, may even be related to excess computer use. It just seems odd that so many people now have these half-gear, zig-zagged, shiney like metallic-phosperescents, visual obscurities.

To the OP, check your tiredness and dehydration too. I also get the NEON-like, tiny sparks of blue light but I think it's more from fatigue in my case.

I also have a lower lid flash of white light - possibly cataract?

And fourth, in the past I had a very fine pixel-like solid-lined grid. The doctor tested me for diabetes (negative) saying that the grid was a diabetes sign. Spouse is diabetic and none of his diabetic literature mentions that. The grids went away and THEN I started getting scintillating scotomas.

Your wavey lines sound like tiredness to me. Or DRY EYE (an eye condition which I also have.) Try using Visine or something like that and see if it clears it up. Dry Eye (hit my siblings as well) and again, may be related to excess computer use.

edit on 20/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just wanted to mention that I first started to notice these visual effects (the dings or sparks of light and glow around objects and people - sometimes white and sometimes coloured, like, for example, blue or mustard yellow - which I've always assumed was seeing some of the aura) when I started having lucid dreams and OBEs in my early twenties. Anyone else noticed this correlation?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede
Just wanted to mention that I first started to notice these visual effects (the dings or sparks of light and glow around objects and people - sometimes white and sometimes coloured, like, for example, blue or mustard yellow - which I've always assumed was seeing some of the aura) when I started having lucid dreams and OBEs in my early twenties. Anyone else noticed this correlation?

No, I mostly had the blue neon tiny sparks about 35 years ago ... for about 10 years mostly. I don't get them often now, just sometimes. The beginning DID corellate with my learning how to lucid dream. Coincidence?

I don't have, nor ever had glows around people.

The BIG white flashes I get often now - it's old age eyes + glaucoma I presume.

I had mustard yellow when I was severely jaundiced once, that's all. Though, glaucoma is supposed to give a yellow tinge as it's the yellowing and browning of the eye lense itself.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hi Trexter Ziam, thanks for your post.

Your observations about digital tv are most interesting. Makes you wonder what effect they have on the environment around them.

As for dehydration, I will up my in take of water just to be sure, but do drink quite a lot anyway. Not sure about dry eye. My eyes can water (cry when chopping onions, or if something in eye).

The reason I'm dubious about such physiological explanations with regards the ripple effect, is that if it was just an internal effect, how comes when I see something fly past/through the rippling, swirling mass - it wobbles and shifts? In other words, it seems to respond to external factors. Would this be possibe from having dehydration or dry eye? Unless those conditions somehow help you observe parts of the electromagnetic spectrum we can't normally see?

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

I get similar effects when I have an aural migraine. It usually takes around fifteen minutes and just has the ripples and flashes, but other time I get shimmering zig zag lines that obscure my vision, and occasionally my vision breaks up entirely and I can't see at all.

I get those, They are called "scintillating scotomas" and are as you say, aural migraines. The weird thing is, all my siblings got them too! Ours started around the time of the switch from analogue to digital television, though, may even be related to excess computer use. It just seems odd that so many people now have these half-gear, zig-zagged, shiney like metallic-phosperescents, visual obscurities.

To the OP, check your tiredness and dehydration too. I also get the NEON-like, tiny sparks of blue light but I think it's more from fatigue in my case.

I also have a lower lid flash of white light - possibly cataract?

And fourth, in the past I had a very fine pixel-like solid-lined grid. The doctor tested me for diabetes (negative) saying that the grid was a diabetes sign. Spouse is diabetic and none of his diabetic literature mentions that. The grids went away and THEN I started getting scintillating scotomas.

Your wavey lines sound like tiredness to me. Or DRY EYE (an eye condition which I also have.) Try using Visine or something like that and see if it clears it up. Dry Eye (hit my siblings as well) and again, may be related to excess computer use.

edit on 20/10/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That is very interesting! I'd be interested to hear what others noticed with regards that. Bit of a strange coincidence.

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
No, I mostly had the blue neon tiny sparks about 35 years ago ... for about 10 years mostly. I don't get them often now, just sometimes. The beginning DID corellate with my learning how to lucid dream. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yup, I can relate. I even made a thread about the same thing a couple years ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Personally, I don't think we "see" the "electomagnetic spectrum" in the way you suggest. You are allowed to believe your own way though, that's okay.

Dry eye - an opthomolgisst diagnoses that. He said like, "Oh, by the way, you have Dry Eye." I think it causes more fogginess than ripples though.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Could you link the thread? Thanks :-)

Originally posted by free_form
Yup, I can relate. I even made a thread about the same thing a couple years ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for your interesting response Bilky. The first of the visual phenomena I noticed was the 'dings' or sparks of light. Then I started seeing glows around people, animals and objects. Sometimes just white, othertimes with a colour. It's only about 8 years ago I started seeing the rippling effect.

I agree the stuff I see could be described somewhere between liquid and light. I have noticed before when analysing my hands (held up in front of me while lying in bed with subdued lighting) that like you say the rippling effects intensifies when looking past my hands and viewing with my peripheral vision. Once I've triggered that perception (seems it can be tuned into) I then find I can gaze more directly at the visual phenomenna. I see a smokeyness extend from my finger tips and merge with the smokeyness from fingers on the opposite hand. All the while those sparks of light flick randomly about. The air surrounding them is thick with the swirling, rippling effect.

Anyway, thanks again for your interesting response, particularly the part about rods being used to trigger the third eye. Do you have any more information about that?

Aelf

Originally posted by Bilky
reply to post by boeserwolf

its the energy field, thats how it started for me althogh I used my peripheral vision to activate it. Peripheral vision has rods direct vision has cones. Its using the rods in your eyes that can activate the third eye over time. Have a look at the edge of living things like say a tree, look at the edge and try to look at it while looking past it. The ripples are more intense around living things and the more you do it eventually the ripples take on color and differences become apparent. What some call the AURA is really within even inanimate objects its more like a plasma and behaves like a cross between light and a liquid.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks boeserwolf for your response.

Notice anything specific about the ripple effect, like the way it behaves? Do you remember if anything seemed to trigger you being able to see it, or did you see it as a child?

Aelf

Originally posted by boeserwolf
Perhaps you are noticing your own energy fields or simply the energy fields of other objects around you. I see this ripple effect quite frequently, especially when I am giving Reiki. I believe that is what I am observing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes, I first experienced this 'ripple effect' while I was sitting in a car waiting for somebody to come out of a chinese restaurant. I looked at the sky and could very visibly see rippling waves of energy. It was strange, as I'd never seen these energy waves before. Ever since that moment my awareness has been increasing tenfold. I've experienced the indigo lights, the bright blue lights, the red lights, the yellow lights, the very intense feeling of large amounts of energy going into and coming out of my head. The ringing in the ears, the shift in vibrational densities (is what I call it) when I can feel enormous pressure in my right or left, or sometimes both ears. Like the poster explaining the feeling of euphoria while on the toilet, I too have experienced these euphoric feelings. The best way I could describe it, is somebody pulling the top of my skull upwards, while somebody else pulls my skull downward, creating an expansion, of sorts. I keep having these strange things happen to me. At first I dismissed them entirely. But now, I cannot deny what I feel inside of me, and around me. Peace be with you
I forgot to mention another one but now when I leave to work in the mornings and the stars are still shining I see wispy shapes and figures. Still haven't found an explanation for this, although I'd guess them to be spirits. At this very moment in time I can see a white ball in my right peripheral vision, but when I turn to look, it is gone.
edit on 20-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: just now saw a white ball in my peripheral vision of my right eye

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm not saying that I believe in the whole archangel explanation either. That's what I've been told. I don't care what things are. When they feel good around me, I'm happy for them to stick around.

I've only once had something bother me to the point that I had to "change its mind about things".

This stuff is still pretty surreal to me in a lot of ways. It's also breathtaking. It's amazing. It's a lot more fun than mundane life, to be sure. Have fun with it. Let it help you grow.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I see a few ,different things from time to time. Mostly I see little shadow balls that move like flying insects, sometimes I'll see a floating whitish mist drift by. Both of these dissapear when trying to look directly at them. The rippling air effect I would describe as a faint holographic vortex swirling and changing color and speed. In a pitch black room sometimes I'll see like a blueish light, almost like its reflecting off of water onto the walls and ceiling, flashes of white or blue, and tiny dots of red.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

It was maybe a foot or so long and only a few inches wide.

Last week my power went out~seconds later I saw a long (appx.1 1/2 foot long and 4 inches wide) very bright light on the wall in front of me. It was there, then gone, and back again 3 times. It happened fast, but not with constant times in/between. It wasn't only my power that went out though, it was my entire neighborhood and it was out for 1 hr & 45 minutes. There isn't anything in my home that would even light up in a power outage (automatically), and all of my windows are covered in blinds that are closed at night.

I'm glad that I told my husband about this (part) before reading your comment here today, because even though he still believes me, your comment adds validation to my own thoughts. Normally whenever the power goes out at night I feel like I'm missing something..and I was watching one of my favorite shows (I don't watch that much regular tv & esp. sitcoms), but I like Curb Your Enthusiasm mainly because there isn't a laugh track.. and the dry humour. Anyway... after this happened I felt a sense of calm and even sort of glad that the power went out. Whenever the power came back on I didn't do what I would normally do (turn tv back on-lol), but was enjoying the quiet solitude (I was home alone).

Can't say that what I felt was euphoria, but it was peace I felt for sure.

The strange thing is, besides me not knowing what the light was, was that it shown on the same place where I have also seen a dark shadow like thing moving on several different occasions. Not periphally, but not directly in front of me either..

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. I bet that moment while waiting in the car was a pretty exhilerating awe-inspring moment.

When you mention the different coloured lights - how do they actually appear to you? Small/large? Is it a flash in your whole visual field?

Interesting about the wispy shapes and figures. Are these in your peripheral vision? How large do they tend to be?

Aelf

Originally posted by WhoFeelsitKnowsit
Yes, I first experienced this 'ripple effect' while I was sitting in a car waiting for somebody to come out of a chinese restaurant. I looked at the sky and could very visibly see rippling waves of energy. It was strange, as I'd never seen these energy waves before. Ever since that moment my awareness has been increasing tenfold. I've experienced the indigo lights, the bright blue lights, the red lights, the yellow lights, .....

I forgot to mention another one but now when I leave to work in the mornings and the stars are still shining I see wispy shapes and figures. Still haven't found an explanation for this, although I'd guess them to be spirits. At this very moment in time I can see a white ball in my right peripheral vision, but when I turn to look, it is gone.
edit on 20-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: just now saw a white ball in my peripheral vision of my right eye

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So how exactly did you help it change its mind???

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

I've only once had something bother me to the point that I had to "change its mind about things".

This stuff is still pretty surreal to me in a lot of ways. It's also breathtaking. It's amazing. It's a lot more fun than mundane life, to be sure. Have fun with it. Let it help you grow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join