It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Besides “floaters”, you can also see what appears to be moving “air particles” when staring at the sky. These are really the white blood cells running through the veins inside your eye. They actually teach patients to monitor these as their number and speed can be indicators of various things.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply sageofmonticello. It sounds like you are experiencing the same as me with regards the little flashes. They are not large flashes in the whole field of my vision, but little flashes, often pin-prick sized, sometimes a bit larger. Rarely any bigger than a 1 inch coin.

Once I was going for a walk in the forest. Loads of trees in front of me. I saw a very prominent red 'ding' of light occur over a tree about 50 metres away (approx). As I approached the tree, out of the thick foilage a buzzard flew out across the bordering field. Another red ding 'pinged' next to it as it flew. This makes me think that I might be seeing something of its energy field.

When you notice those peripheral movements, have you ever been aware of a presence, as if something/someone is there just before or at same time as seeing them?

Those floaters are, from what I have been told, scarring on the retina. That is why they move when you shift your focus. Thanks for the hilarious cartoon clip btw!

Aelf

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
I have been experiencing something similar to you (not everything, just the part I quoted above).

Just every now and then I will get what I would describe as a circular flash of light. For instance, I will be sitting and reading something on the computer and in my peripheral vision I will see, for only a split second, this circular flash of light. Sometimes larger sometimes smaller. Not sure if this what you are seeing also but it seems like it from your description of the "dings".

Also, I have noticed some fast movements in my peripherals as you have described. I see it, then look directly at it and nothing is there.

This has only been occurring for me recently, like maybe within the last 2 months. Doesn't happen everday but has happened enough for me to take notice of it.

I haven't really looked into it at all, which now that I think about it, is a bit strange for me. I think I will now.

I think these "floaters" are pretty common, well for limited times. If you are seeing them at all times that isn't very common. I am not sure about them but I kinda remember someone once explaining to me that they are actually the rods and cones inside your eye? I have no clue though, just kinda remember hearing that once.

edit on 19-10-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I hardly ever use my mobile. I send texts sometimes, but rarely actually use it to phone people. So I very rarely have it next to my head. Once every two weeks on average I'd say. Thanks for pointing it out though, as it may well cause problems for some. I have heard regular use of mobiles can be very dangerous, especially for children and teenagers.

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I had some very strange visual effects, had me worried for a while. Eventualy I realised it was always at its worst when I used my mobile a lot.
It rare that I use my phone fo calls, usualy just texts, then my father was taken ill and I spent a few hours talking to relatives and the effects got worse and I realised it was connected. Now if I have a call I use the speakerphone option, and I've not had a single problem since.

Try not putting you phone near your head for a week and see if the visuals stop.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thanks for your post gwynnhwyfar. I do not suffer from migraines, that I am aware of. I have heard you can get them where you only have visual disturbances but no pain, so for all I know maybe I get them. But with the flicks of light and the ripple effect that I see, I must be having many a day!

One thing that makes me unsure that migraines is the explanation, is that I have seen this rippling effected by external influences (such as a fly flying past, or someone moving past in the room). It seems to stretch, stir or wobble the ripples. Like I mentioned in my OP, sometimes I'm not aware of what caused the ripples to move and
swirl about - when I look around I've noticed a fly just a couple of feet from where the visual disturbance was (so presumably had just flown there). Other times I see the fly at the moment the wobble effect happens. And other times there is nothing that seems to account for the wobbling, shifting ripples - nothing I can see anyway.

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
reply to post by Aelfrede

I get similar effects when I have an aural migraine. It usually takes around fifteen minutes and just has the ripples and flashes, but other time I get shimmering zig zag lines that obscure my vision, and occasionally my vision breaks up entirely and I can't see at all. That happened during a layover in Oahu last year and lasted a good half hour or more and I was worried it was going to result in a full migraine and ruin my vacation, but I took some Excedrine Migraine strength and it went away.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I personally think we are observing outside the normal visible spectrum. Although I agree that other more mundane explanations should be looked at and ruled out too.

Originally posted by Erowynn
I've experienced everything you've described; visual snow, waves in the air, 'dings' as you call them, random sparks of light that are usually blue but sometimes other colors. I don't know if these are separate issues or a syndrome or what causes it but it does seem to be increasing in frequency.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by defcon5

thanks for bringing that up, i completely forgot about that. learned about it at the science museum when i was kid.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thanks for this info KhufuKeplerTriangle. Very interesting in deed! It does make me wonder if some of us are able to see a little beyond the normal visible spectrum. Maybe advances in science will show that one day. Along with what really resides in those other areas of perception.

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle

Believe it or not, blue flashes on the retina can actually be, a very sensitive person, detecting Cherenkov radiation from nuclear effects

en.wikipedia.org...
< snip >

Hmmmm do you believe in INDIGO people? The is a new age thought, but if you read the above text carefully, you can see that only those very sensitive in the violet part of the visible spectrum would notice smaller Cherevkov bursts

@.@

weird world we live in, eh??

edit on 20-10-2012 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2012 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by Aelfrede

of course your not gonna see floaters all the time, you have to focus to see them constantly. i don't think your referring to my post , but if so i didn't mean i see them constantly, just anytime i really focus on a bright background like the sky or a piece paper.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What a brilliant experience! I did wonder for a moment if you were going to describe visual disturbances caused by over straining! LOL

I am sometimes aware of a shape made of this rippling effect, but not usually aware of it for long enough to monitor it.

Once I was at the bottom of some stairs. In the corner of my eye I noticed a rippling, wobbling movement about half way up the stairs. I thought, ahhh there's that rippling again! At the same time, a small child who was next to me pointed at the very stair I'd seen that rippling movement and said there's Mr (forget the name they said). They described him as a tall older man. That was either some pretty amazing paranormal moment or a pretty wierd coincidence!

I think it's certainly worthy of further analysis if you are seeing these things. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience cavalryscout!

Originally posted by cavalryscout

The other night....maybe Wed. or it could have been Tues. the strangest thing happened to me...

I was in my bathroom doing my business. (pooping) I had my head lowered and all of a sudden I had this feeling of euphoria I have never experienced in my entire life!!

You guys can giggle and make all the jokes you want but I'm being serious.

I raised my head and there was a light or something about two feet in front of me near the sink. It wasn't really a light but it looked like it was bending the light or something. It was maybe a foot or so long and only a few inches wide. Kinda oval in shape. Really now thinking about it I guess you could say it was eye shaped.

Still I had this lingering euphoria but it was fading as was whatever I saw. The thing moved to the left and I tried to follow it but I lost it.

I don't know what it was but man I would sure like to find out!

Never have I seen anything like it or have I ever experienced such a great feeling. I could get addicted to it.

Until I read this thread I was hesitant to say anything even on this site.

Something is happening guys.....

EDIT -

see-through rippling

Exactly how to describe it! Well as close as words can come.
edit on 19-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

hmm, i guess i see little flashes of light too. usually blue white and purple, but i also get chronic migrains, so i assume that's all those are, for me at least.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I've been wanting to post and ask the same thing lately, but didn't have the guts. I am having some really strange visual effects the last two weeks. It makes things seem really surealistic. I keep remarking that it seems like I am in a dream... things don't look..stable?

I've been seeing forms move in my peripheral vision, that waviness you describe, plus an intense level of color and detail. I don't do drugs or anything, and feel emotionally stable and happy... just not "grounded".

I find it interesting if others are experiencing this at the same time!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I never said I see or expect to see floaters all the time. In fact, I only mentioned them in my OP because I have noticed on related threads that many responses mention them to explain away all the visual phenomena some of us are seeing.

I know what floaters are. They are scarring on the retina, and when they are visible (like you say when looking at a bright, plain background) they are affected by eye movement. So just to clarify to those that are unsure - I have floaters, I know what they are and these other phenomena are completely different.

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

of course your not gonna see floaters all the time, you have to focus to see them constantly. i don't think your referring to my post , but if so i didn't mean i see them constantly, just anytime i really focus on a bright background like the sky or a piece paper.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Bluesma

some are noticing it around the same time. i have been seeing this for many years. so why are some just now noticing and others have seen this stuff for years? that's what im curious about.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

yeah sorry about that i was referring to someone else's post and thought it was you. the page looks way different and gets a little confusing on mobil.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lichter daraus

that and its like 6am here and i haven't slept yet

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lichter daraus

anyway ill kindly back out of your thread as im not really adding anything to the conversation. way more intelligent people here than myself.

peace

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thanks for your post Arrancar. Although the 'water bugs' may well have a physiological explanation, as explained here:

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder why some can see them and others not? (You hinted that your Mum couldn't see them). Maybe some have more sensitive eye physiology. I'm still not decided on whether this is really explaining the 'water bugs' as you call them (good name btw :-)

As for floaters, nothing paranormal about those I don't think. They are always there, same shape, move with eye movement. Just retinal scarring from what I've heard.

I wonder if we all set aside some regular quiet time and relaxed and paid attention of the seeming 'nothingness' of the see-through space around us for 10 - 15 mins a day, how many others would start noticing this phenomenna? Could be like muscles - they're not so usuable if they're not used. Maybe there's areas of perception we can all perceive if we just set a little time aside to observe.

One thing that helps enhance these visuals, are certain meditations or visual exercises. Try sitting on your bed or chair and gazing half way across the room, imagine there is an invisible barrier/wall just out of the reach of perception and let your gaze rest on that point. If your gaze wanders, just bring it back to that imagined barrier. Let your gaze rest against it.

Originally posted by Arrancar
I know what you are talking about looking into the sky and seeing little moving things.
The best i can describe them are water bugs, but a whole lot smaller. I am the same have 20/20 vision, have eye test and pressure testes done routinly. I have seen these since i was little. I even asked my mom about the "little bugs" that make up the sky. She just looked at me weird. I would see them in winter time when no bugs should be out and about flying (use to live in southeast michigan) so i know they are not really bugs.

The dings of light, I see them every so often. Kinda reminds me of a flash bulb going off far in the distance. Sometimes they are blue, but most of the time are yellow/white. I don't see them as much any more.

As for the eye floater things, I see them as well. From what my eye doc told me it has to do with something with the eye either scar tissue or something with the fluids that just builds up and the eye can see them, just can't foucs directly on them.

I am curious about the "sky bugs". Not only do i see them in the sky but also when looking at a white wall, or when i am looking at a white screen.

I work with microscopes (.5x to 1000x) but i dont see them even with bright white light showing on an IC. I do see my reflection of eye junk in the lense pieces sometimes. Which sucks when looking at IC's when trying to find a defect.

The ripple effect you talk about is really interesting. I don't think i ever seen that. Would be cool i think.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
LOL! No problem. I had wondered if it might be a mix up over the quoted parts.

yeah sorry about that i was referring to someone else's post and thought it was you. the page looks way different and gets a little confusing on mobil.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I agree, this is strange. Like you, and some others here, I also have seen this for years. I wonder if there's some difference with the light that would explain why more are experiencing this in recent times? Very vague statement I know. Btw, please don't leave the thread, your input is greatly appreciated!

Reply to post by Bluesma

some are noticing it around the same time. i have been seeing this for many years. so why are some just now noticing and others have seen this stuff for years? that's what im curious about.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hi Bluesma, thanks for reporting on your experience. It's fascinating seeing this stuff. Will appreciate hearing anything else you, or others here, notice with regards the rippling/waviness and peripherals. Thanks!

Originally posted by Bluesma

I've been wanting to post and ask the same thing lately, but didn't have the guts. I am having some really strange visual effects the last two weeks. It makes things seem really surealistic. I keep remarking that it seems like I am in a dream... things don't look..stable?

I've been seeing forms move in my peripheral vision, that waviness you describe, plus an intense level of color and detail. I don't do drugs or anything, and feel emotionally stable and happy... just not "grounded".

I find it interesting if others are experiencing this at the same time!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join