It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I experienced flashes of light for the first time alst night. It scared the crap outta me. (Well my PTSD comes into play and does that). But i tried checking every angle to see if somehow something reflected off of the chairit came from. (a wooden rocking chair) I may have missed it above but was there an explanation for this?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juggernot

Check the posts.

Some think it's normal medical stuff. I disagree. We all have opinions but I don't think anyone knows for sure. (not yet anyway.)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies! I didn't expect many to respond so am very grateful you all took the time to write about your experiece/give feedback. It is fascinating to me and good to look at it from all angles because although I lean towards a paranormal explanation, such as seeing beyond normal field of perception, I equally don't want to just kid myself that that is the case (if there is a more mundane explanation).

Anyway, thank you all. I will write more shortly.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes, this has been an aspect of my life for many years now. It's a symptom of expanded awareness. Yes, your awareness is growing. There are no pills to cure it and the doctors will not find the physical source of your malady. lol

The colored lights are archangels, as I understand it. I don't know for sure but that's what I'm told. I like them and encourage them to hang out with me, and they do.

There will be lots of other symptoms coming up over time. We can discuss those things here or in private. Just say the word.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

There will be lots of other symptoms coming up over time. We can discuss those things here or in private.

What is an example?

edit on 19-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by juggernot

This can absolutely be a completely normal phenomenon of the lense of the eye starting to deteroriate as we get older. I experienced it myself, in my right eye; shooting star type lights. It's sad and very telling that some people who may be experiencing this immediately resort to supernatural explanations.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
reply to post by Aelfrede

I get shimmering zig zag lines that obscure my vision, and occasionally my vision breaks up entirely and I can't see at all.

Those zigzag lines are what i was seeing, its all stopped since I stopped using my mobile. Are the zigzags something associated with migrain? because I dont suffer migrains.

Yes, they can be. I get migraine headaches with no aura, and I also get aural migraines with no headache. Sometimes I get the aura followed by headache. I think another poster mentioned it is caused by your blood vessels constricting/expanding. I never got the aural migraines until around the time I turned 30. You can google aural migraine and look at some of the pictures people have made of what it looks like to them. When it happens and doesn't hurt, it's quite a show!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I wish I could be very specific but I can only discuss what has happened to me. I have things like strange pressure changes in one or both ears, but not necessarily at the same time, but sometimes they are, or even not exactly at the same time. lol I have sensations of heavy energy coming off of or into the top of my head. This happens at very particular times, such as meditation or when something specific is happening in the world. Loads more that I can't even begin to catalog here.

If you google Ascension symptoms, you will come up with a lot of info. If you start having problems in a particular part of the body, look up the metaphysical meaning for that pain or illness and it will certainly correlate to an aspect of your path in this lifetime that needs work and attention. This is a process. It takes time. We're in a very special time right now and a lot more people will be awakening to this fact. All sorts of illnesses will draw attention to places in your life that need correction.

I understand that a lot of people will dismiss this out of hand. That is entirely your choice. I will say that so much has happened over the past decade that I have no option but to acknowledge the truth of this thing, though I resisted at first quite vehemently. lol Some things just can't be denied though.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh, don't misunderstand me. I don't dismiss anything.
I am very much of the opinion that mind and body are linked and that emphasis on a part of our body through illness or pain can be an indicator of areas we need to focus on. Also, the OP may be having a paranormal experience, I'm just sharing that some of the symptoms I have when I get aural migraines are similar to some of the things the OP and others have described.

I never get to see anything paranormal - my area of sensitivity is sensation, apparently. I have been sat on, pushed, and had an unseen arm around my waist. Trust me, I'm a believer.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Perhaps you are noticing your own energy fields or simply the energy fields of other objects around you. I see this ripple effect quite frequently, especially when I am giving Reiki. I believe that is what I am observing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boeserwolf

its the energy field, thats how it started for me althogh I used my peripheral vision to activate it. Peripheral vision has rods direct vision has cones. Its using the rods in your eyes that can activate the third eye over time. Have a look at the edge of living things like say a tree, look at the edge and try to look at it while looking past it. The ripples are more intense around living things and the more you do it eventually the ripples take on color and differences become apparent. What some call the AURA is really within even inanimate objects its more like a plasma and behaves like a cross between light and a liquid.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Funny, this just happened to me when I woke up a bit ago. Got on here to check everything out, and here was a thread about it. It sort of looked like an old movie projector where the frame rate was not set fast enough, and you get those waves of flickering light/dark.

I'm pretty sure its a blood pressure issue, but it could also be related to low O2 levels. As I have a cold ATM, either of those things might be slightly out of whack.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by juggernot
I experienced flashes of light for the first time alst night.

You need to go to an ophthalmologist and have your eyes checked. Flashing lights is a sign of a detaching retina. You can lose sight in your eye if that is not repaired and comes completely detached.

Retinal Detachment
Flashing lights and floaters may be the initial symptoms of a retinal detachment or of a retinal tear that precedes the detachment itself.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have the floaters too and don't consider them a problem, but there are rare times that I get a zig-zag rainbow effect right in my line of vision. I can not see anything if I look at it directly. It never lasts more than 20 minutes, but it is quite frightening at times. I don't know if it is from medication or blood pressure. Does anyone else get this?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I'm going to look more into those projects you mentioned. I know of them but have never researched about them in depth.

I will answer your questions later. Except I'll answer the 'where' one. I can become aware of this rippling in most places it seems. I seem to become aware of it when the lighting is more subdued but this isn't always the case. I know I see it every day, inside and outside, but I will try to pay more attention to exactly when and where it happens.

Thank you for your observations gravitybender! Most intriguing!

Aelf

Originally posted by gravitybender
What's interesting is that in the past I have read numerous testimonies from people involved in the Philadelphia Experiment, Montauk and other classified projects that time warping looks like the effect you described.

Some people have even mentioned that when the U.S.S. Eldridge was going through the experiment that there was a wave (like a heat wave) wrapped around it, then it disappeared.

Where did you see this? How high up was it? Any sound at all? Did you notice anything different afterward? How large was the effect, estimate?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thanks for your response Rubicant. I am not offended by you asking. I have suffered from time to time with anxiety and depression. I do not have any disorder that causes hallucinations, such as schizophrenia.

Aelf

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Any history of mental illness (this is no insult by the way, just a question)? Certain mental disorders can cause visual and even auditory hallucinations. A disorder that is psychological and organic can cause visual anomalies due to a problem with how the brain takes in external stimuli and processes it, such as bright flashes and color anomalies in one's line of vision.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Some of you have mentioned blood pressure. This could well cause visual disturbances so is certainly important to rule out. I went for a check-up at the doctors two weeks ago and my blood pressure was fine. It's always fine when they test it. However, it is possible that minor fluctuations throughout the day could correlate with when I see these visuals. Although how would that explain the minor fluctuations that everyone probably experiences on a daily basis who do not see these visual anomalies?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ys I remember reading about that once. I'm really not quite sure exactly what causes those. Could well be what you are saying. Thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by TheQuantumAnomaly
Per the tiny dots, I have the same thing, it's Blue field entoptic phenomenon, or basically, seeing the highlighted shadows of white blood cells in the eye. For the ripples, that, I do not have an answer for. You're not hallucinating, or crazy, or have anything wrong at all. Check wikipedia for a deeper explaination.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by Aelfrede

yes i have noticed this ripple effect your talkin about. it also seems to be a transparent purpleish blueish color. as for the thing You see floating when you look at the sky that is most likely just floaters, i see them all the time. not to sure about the other stuff though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

It depends on how much it fluctuates. Also O2 levels can fluctuate, which can have similar affects. You can cause this yourself, without even being aware of it, by stimulating your Parasympathetic/Sympathetic nervous system. This, as well as falling into light stages of sleep, is why folks see weird stuff when doing things like meditating. Its not really anything paranormal going on, its just changes in the brain/body or o2/pressure levels. Sort of the same way that you can change the rate of your heart or breathing, but with out even being consciously aware of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join