It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Romney Losing His Home State So Badly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Romney was somewhat successfull being a governor because he was basically center left during his term.

That's kind of the whole point.

Mass voted for Romney as Governor because he held positions consistent with a Democrat.

Six years later, he has flopped on most of his issues.

He listened to his constituents and gave them what they wanted. That's not flopping but it IS rare in a politician today.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Romney was somewhat successfull being a governor because he was basically center left during his term.

That's kind of the whole point.

Mass voted for Romney as Governor because he held positions consistent with a Democrat.

Six years later, he has flopped on most of his issues.

It's been really fascinating over the past six months or so (as Romney has literally morphed into the GOP candidate) to watch people, particularly conservatives, try to rationalize his inconsistencies and essentially pretend his record as governor of MA does not exist except when they want to use the title on his resume.

Since no one has come right out and said it yet - he is losing MA because he was inept.

He did nothing for them.

If he had been successful and well respected, I'm quite sure the citizens of MA would vote for him again.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Since no one has come right out and said it yet - he is losing MA because he was inept.

He did nothing for them.

So you know this because you live in MA?? Because chrismarco lives there and he said Romney did a good job for the state.

Could it be your partisanship talking?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Partisanship? LoL! That's just so cute coming from you of all members.

Anyways, with all due respect to Mr. Marco, he is just one person among thousands in MA. And the stats and polls disagree with his assessment.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Partisanship? LoL! That's just so cute coming from you of all members.

I think we both agree I’m well qualified to spot partisanship….no?

Anyways, with all due respect to Mr. Marco, he is just one person among thousands in MA. And the stats and polls disagree with his assessment.

The stats show that MA is a liberal state…shocking! Who cares anyway? The red states will be red and the blue states blue. The swing states are going Romney’s way and that’s all that matters in the end.

October 15. 2012 - WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney leads President Obama by four percentage points among likely voters in the nation's top battlegrounds, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, and he has growing enthusiasm among women to thank.

As the presidential campaign heads into its final weeks, the survey of voters in 12 crucial swing states finds female voters much more engaged in the election and increasingly concerned about the deficit and debt issues that favor Romney. The Republican nominee has pulled within one point of the president among women who are likely voters, 48%-49%, and leads by 8 points among men.
link

Looks like another failure for Obama - the war on women has failed !!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

He listened to his constituents and gave them what they wanted. That's not flopping but it IS rare in a politician today.

Not exactly.

If you are claiming the positions he had while he was RUNNING for Governor aren't his real positions, then that means he LIED to his constiuents about what he really stood for.

It's hilarious that you are trying to claim that he is an honest politician.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Which has what to do with the topic? Inquiring minds want to know?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's hilarious that you are trying to claim that he is an honest politician.

No such thing imo. There are just some that do the job without putting their personal beliefs in front of what the electorate wants. See Jimmy Carter:

“I never have believed that Jesus Christ would approve of abortions and that was one of the problems I had when I was President, having to uphold Roe v. Wade, and I did everything I could to minimize the need for abortions. I made it easy to adopt children, for instance, who were unwanted and also initiated the program called Women and Infant Children, or WIC, a program that’s still in existence now. But except for the times when a mother’s life is in danger or when a pregnancy is caused by rape or incest I would certainly not or never have approved of any abortions.”

capitalismmagazine.com...

His personal beliefs didn't come into play when it came to governing the populous. See?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by seabag

Which has what to do with the topic? Inquiring minds want to know?

Brief summary for your entertainment

OP - “Romney is losing in Massachusetts badly, the polls show anywhere from 14% to 30% gap in Massachusetts.”

ME - “Who cares? It’s the swing states that are important. Women are pushing Romney into the lead in swing states, which means the war on women failed.”

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

It does not matter as the poles are a load of crap and can't be taken seriously...I don't want Obama to win and I certainly don't trust Mitt but Obama is going to win...the movement of the younger generation will sustain him and we can look to this loss as a new way of pandering to a certain class of people meaning the younger class...they will be just as formidable as the senior vote...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Ahhh..my apologies my friend..have fun with the post

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
How about Romney taking credit for everyone being covered with healthcare
in Mass. in the last debate?

Or taking credit for their schools being #1?
Low information voters hear that bs and think" wow he's great!"
He leaves out the fact that Mass has always been at the top in education.
Their teachers UNION is strong, & they are paid the most.

All this was put in place LONG AGO by a little family of Democrats named the Kennedy's.
Gov. Romney walked into a turnkey #1 state and took credit.
It's scary low info voters vote.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

On fire, or just pandering to the crowd? he'll say anything to get the job of POTUS. he's flip-flopped enough for me to figure out that his only reason for being on fire is that he's just saying what people want to hear.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
....his only reason for being on fire is that he's just saying what people want to hear.

I think you just defined politics.
It's basically salesmanship.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

His personal beliefs didn't come into play when it came to governing the populous.

You are missing the fact that Romney changed his beliefs before he was elected. He told people what they wanted to hear to get elected. And now he is doing the same exact thing.

And somehow, you are praising him for that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
This is because the state of Massachusettes was 47th in job creation under Gov. Romney.

They know better than anyone what Romney is all about. His lies cannot fool them, as they have seen first hand what right wing policies did for their job creation numbers as well as what they did to the nation during the economic collapse.

Praise the good folks in Mass. They understand that the policies Mitt endorses are the exact same policies that nearly destroyed our economy. Mass voters are more intelligent than other state's voters to say the least.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

47th in job creation .. because it has one of the lowest unemployment %s... You cant create job when no one needs one .. cause they are .. well employed.

yeh ... 47%
edit on 19-10-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

His personal beliefs didn't come into play when it came to governing the populous.

You are missing the fact that Romney changed his beliefs before he was elected. He told people what they wanted to hear to get elected. And now he is doing the same exact thing.

Did I not point out the difference between beliefs and policy? They can/SHOULD be mutually exclusive.

And somehow, you are praising him for that.

Yes, I am. I've seen no other in American politician recently that would go that far. Issues in Mass are not the issues in Kentucky. Issues in Iowa are not the issues in Cali. You have to deal with the issues of the electorate. This time it's the whole Republic.
edit on 19-10-2012 by intrepid because: Syntax.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yes, I am. I've seen no other in American politician recently that would go that far. Issues in Mass are not the issues in Kentucky. Issues in Iowa are not the issues in Cali. You have to deal with the issues of the electorate. This time it's the whole Republic.

So lie to the public to get elected.

At least you come out and say that is what you respect.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So lie to the public to get elected.

At least you come out and say that is what you respect. expect.

Edited for accuracy. Btw, I am not the topic. Please remember that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Pretty much... Doesn't matter what candidate A or B are saying... too bad people still fall for the two party system... and pretty much fall for anything candidate A or B say. both lie, both cheat, and both serve their own interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join