It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Romney Losing His Home State So Badly?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Romney is losing in Massachusetts badly, the polls show anywhere from 14% to 30% gap in Massachusetts.

Now, Romney uses his Governorship in Massachusetts as one of his biggest assests in this campaign. It is in fact the only elected position he has ever held.

And it wasn't that long ago, he was Governor from 2003 - 2007, only 6 years ago was he the Governor there. So what does it say about you when the people who at one time elected you as Governor dislike you so much that they are going to vote for Obama by a 30+ margin?

Also, if Romney wants to use his Governorship as a main point as to why you should vote for him, why has he flip flopped on many of the issues since he was a Governor? And remember, this was SIX years ago, the Republicans like to say "Well way back when he was a Governor, he had different views". It was SIX years ago, in six short years Romney has completely flip flopped on some major issues.

As Governor, Romney was:
- Pro Choice
- Pro Obamacare
- Pro Gay Rights
- Pro Global Warming
- Anti Coal
- Anti Gun

Today, he is the complete opposite of all of the above. What justification do Romney supporters have for him, in SIX years, completely changing some of his core beliefs on some really big issues?

There is a reason Romney is losing Massachusetts so badly, it's because the Romney running for President is a completely different Romney from SIX years ago who was Governor.

How are people voting for a man who has completely changed his positions in SIX years and who continues to say he won't give any details of his plans?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is because the state of Massachusettes was 47th in job creation under Gov. Romney.

They know better than anyone what Romney is all about. His lies cannot fool them, as they have seen first hand what right wing policies did for their job creation numbers as well as what they did to the nation during the economic collapse.

Praise the good folks in Mass. They understand that the policies Mitt endorses are the exact same policies that nearly destroyed our economy. Mass voters are more intelligent than other state's voters to say the least.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yup. His repsonse about the assault rife ban during the last debate almost made me swallow my tongue. It was an outright lie. I'm a long-time MA gun owner. His reponse was BS. Never happened that way.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Job creation has nothing to do with it...the bulk of the people here vote as a democrat...it's that simple...I live here and other than the health care that he implemented I think he did a good job..technically speaking white is now the minority in Boston. People can spin his record anyway they want but it comes down to simply he's a republican...and Scott Brown was a fluke so don't expect him to make it for another round...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by chrismarco

Im aware Mass is a blue state.
You're taking away my fun though.
Can't have any fun around here by simply stating that Dems vote for Dems.
Gotta get your digs in for every single WND thread that pops up here everyday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Look I'm certainly no fan of Obama
but Romney scares me.

I think it's because he reminds me so much of a patent we had come in who suffers from dementia, that guy too had this way of spouting total crap off the top of his head and expected all of us to take his word as gospel.

Maybe Romney would chill a bit if he has his meds adjusted?
edit on 19-10-2012 by SassyCass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Because instead of being a reflection of his father, and a reasonable moderate he was exposed as a maniacal plutocrat and pandered so far to the right no one in their right mind can elect him.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So far its good news for Romney.
LINK1
LINK2

LINK3
LINK4

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
So far its good news for Romney.
LINK1
LINK2

LINK3
LINK4

It looks good for Romney in Massachusetts?

Or are you just completely ignoring the topic of the thread?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow, this one is tough. I wonder why a BLUE state isn't voting for a Republican President. Seriously, why could that be? Oh yeah they have only voted Republican 4 times in 56 Presidential elections. Got any more brain busters?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Romney has shown that (And still does show) that he's a very weak candidate for POTUS. He's shafted his own party in some states (The Ron Paul states to be more specific.) People are not going to fall for his crap... especially voters in his own state. He's only doing well in other states because the campaign slogan is called 'anyone but Obama' and Romney is reaping those benefits... but not much of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Wow, this one is tough. I wonder why a BLUE state isn't voting for a Republican President. Seriously, why could that be? Oh yeah they have only voted Republican 4 times in 56 Presidential elections. Got any more brain busters?

And yet they voted him in as Governor.

Your argument holds up if Romney wasn't Governor of that state six years ago. But he was, so your argument of past voting record really doesn't hold up.

What is it about Romney today that Mass. residents don't like about him that they actually did like about him when they elected him as Governor?

It could be the fact that he is a completely different person and has completely different positions, in just six short years.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Romney has shown that (And still does show) that he's a very weak candidate for POTUS. He's shafted his own party in some states (The Ron Paul states to be more specific.) People are not going to fall for his crap... especially voters in his own state. He's only doing well in other states because the campaign slogan is called 'anyone but Obama' and Romney is reaping those benefits... but not much of it.

Even the "Anyone but Obama" theme may not help him.

There are a lot of Right Wingers that have a problem voting for him. Like you said, there are the Ron Paul supporters who were crapped on at the Convention. There are the Evangelicals that won't vote for a Mormon. There are the hard care pro-life people that have a problem that Romney was pro-choice just six years ago. And there are women, who Romney continues to refer to as objects that he files into binders.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Because we remember.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Romney is losing in Massachusetts badly, the polls show anywhere from 14% to 30% gap in Massachusetts.

Now, Romney uses his Governorship in Massachusetts as one of his biggest assests in this campaign. It is in fact the only elected position he has ever held.

Ron Paul didn’t win his home state all 3 times he ran for POTUS. Same thing happened to Richard Nixon when he was elected; he lost his home state of New York. So what?

So what does it say about you when the people who at one time elected you as Governor dislike you so much that they are going to vote for Obama by a 30+ margin?

It says that he’s from a state full of liberals! DUH!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's a blue state.

What else is there to talk about?

WHen was the last time Mass was red?

Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I don't think that George took Mass, and I don't think that His father before him did either.

Romney was somewhat successfull being a governor because he was basically center left during his term.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Romney has shown that (And still does show) that he's a very weak candidate for POTUS.

I would have agreed with you 2 months ago but he’s been on fire lately. His campaign is full steam and he’s wiping his arse with Obama. He crushed him in the debates and did you see the roast last night???? What an absolute beat-down by Romney!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Romney was somewhat successfull being a governor because he was basically center left during his term.

That's kind of the whole point.

Mass voted for Romney as Governor because he held positions consistent with a Democrat.

Six years later, he has flopped on most of his issues.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Mitt is the king of flip flops.

I've seen him so far this year be:

Far right, Center Right, Center Middle, Left center...

I've pretty much seen him in every position a politician can be in save one.

Honest.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join