It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVG Multiple threat detection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

My local admin relies on money, not logic. It took us months to convince him that the internet connection needed looking at, as well as to rectify that fact that one of the computers couldn't access internet at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Me too I use AVG and it started last night with a cookie called BURST NET now its sayiing that its ADRIX.
High threat marker but its just annoying.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I prefer Avast! anti-virus, myself. Only problem I ever had was a false-positive with the Steam client. They fixed it, though.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I use AVG and have had no problems. Maybe it's the version of AVG that you're using. I'm using AVG Internet Security 2012 and my browser is Firefox.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Its because your using firefox, i've heard that its less able to be attacked than win. I used to use it but it does'nt have all tghe features that I want.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCass
When I logged on to ATS this morning My AVG went crazy... still is., if I refresh or change pages???
AVG wont let me copy paste the full link its calling a "Malicious Site" but one starts
ib.adnx/getuidnb?http
another is
i.w55.net/ping_match
then two more ib.adnxs... all three of those have different very long web addy's
and just now another i.w55.net/ping this one with google in the addy...

Just thought you admin types should know

TTFN
AVG SUXS,,,,,,get Avast

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
reply to post by denver22

Me too I use AVG and it started last night with a cookie called BURST NET now its sayiing that its ADRIX.
High threat marker but its just annoying.

No im fine,i use Avg combined with Malwarebytes and had no problems i use firefox.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Use better anti virus if you are worried.. ESET NOD32 is a lot better although it costs a bit of money. Although I heard recently that people are using cracked versions of the software. Damm pirates. I hope they walk the plank...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I highly recommend you install Microsoft Security Essentials, along with Malwarebytes.

Thats only half good advice... Malwarebytes is good... MSE is like a cheap toxic toy made in china....Dont use it.. There are much better options out there....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I've used nothing but on my entire home system which also includes a multi-rack server. I've never been infected and I have NO other protection than MSE & Malwarebytes.

So forgive me for not agreeing with you, but I've even attempted to infect my system with virus' stored on flash drives and MSE picked it up every time, without fail.

I'm not usually one to advocate anything MS, I actually quite hate the company. BUt in this instance, it's the better solution, but because of system resource management/taxation as well as overall functionality and reliability.

~Tenth

XL5

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am using the dredded IE6 and also have AVG but it has not been acting up. The one thing I notice now is a pop up happens and says "allow sub-frames to navigate to a different domain", I click no. ATS hasn't had this pop-up before, but other sites that have like buttons and things like that will pop that message up and no matter how many times no is clicked, it doesn't go away. Maybe the newer versions of IE don't pop that message up because it thinks its safe like the "like" button.

I don't upgrade because although there may be less back doors in the newer versions, I believe they installed many side doors that are much bigger and the powers that be, have the key. If you make something complex enough and it breaks, its much harder to fix and SOME ONE ELSE has the special tools to take it appart. That and the fact that there are less moving ad's that pop out from every angle (aka, less developer tools).
edit on 19-10-2012 by XL5 because: allow sub-frames

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by H3LiX
reply to post by SassyCass

Get Avira

I like Avira too....I've had it for several years.

I check form time to time to see what may be better...but it's been good to me.

ETA
Also, Malwarebytes scans daily.
And Firefox as my browser....occasionally Chrome.

edit on Fri Oct 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I use this on all the computers at my business and have not had any problems. I love that it NEVER pops up with bs prompts unlike many of the others

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I really liked AVG in its early days, then the same thing happened to it that happens to all other popular appz, they ruined it, now its an bloated resource hog.
I prefer Avast, it runs quietly and efficiently in the background and I dont have to jump through hoops to disable it if I need to.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Kaspersky
I'm using the 2013 version and this by far IMO is the best anti virus. I've used plenty of them, but found this to be the best one!! and It's the only one that found that Iran virus, Stuxnet and other virus's

I did like Bit defender, NOD 32 was alright, but Kaspersky, came out to be the best for me

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I've used nothing but on my entire home system which also includes a multi-rack server. I've never been infected and I have NO other protection than MSE & Malwarebytes.

So forgive me for not agreeing with you, but I've even attempted to infect my system with virus' stored on flash drives and MSE picked it up every time, without fail.

I'm not usually one to advocate anything MS, I actually quite hate the company. BUt in this instance, it's the better solution, but because of system resource management/taxation as well as overall functionality and reliability.

~Tenth

"Never been infected" LOL
How would you know with the security you are running ?
Get Avast internet security and run a scan .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join