It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVG Multiple threat detection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
When I logged on to ATS this morning My AVG went crazy... still is., if I refresh or change pages???
AVG wont let me copy paste the full link its calling a "Malicious Site" but one starts
ib.adnx/getuidnb?http
another is
i.w55.net/ping_match
then two more ib.adnxs... all three of those have different very long web addy's
and just now another i.w55.net/ping this one with google in the addy...

Just thought you admin types should know

TTFN

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCass

Honestly the first problem is that you use AVG as a means of protecting your system. It's prone to false positives for ad servers as well as a variety of back end entry points to infect your system.

I highly recommend you install Microsoft Security Essentials, along with Malwarebytes.

Then do a full scan of your system in safe mode and see if that resolves the issue. I got rid of AVG as my main protection after a few stunts like this.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My virus detection went crazy as well. There are some third party tracking companies used by the ATS to give your address to so they can track what you do and where you go on the internet. I use tracking block software to prevent me from being tracked all over the web. So you might want to upload a track blocker and get that pesky little problem taken care of.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Honestly the first problem is that you use AVG as a means of protecting your system. It's prone to false positives for ad servers as well as a variety of back end entry points to infect your system.

I highly recommend you install Microsoft Security Essentials, along with Malwarebytes.

Then do a full scan of your system in safe mode and see if that resolves the issue. I got rid of AVG as my main protection after a few stunts like this.

~Tenth

I use AVG too. I like it because it detects quite a bit. This stuff went undetected with my other virus protection software. So it's a very good program. What he needs is to block the trackers that ATS allows to track people. What they call " 3rd party."

edit on 19-10-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I have one that came with my latest version of Utorrent but I don't know it works with my browser... can you recommend one I should look for?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
FYI when I click the "More" on the AVG popup it's calling this threat an "JavaScript Obfuscation"
don't know what that means but----

Never mind I found my answer on another site

Some forms of obscuration:
1.Automatically renaming variables to short meaningless names to make the code less readable and harder to understand.
2.Removing all extra whitespace and line breaks so the code is one giant long line.
3.Making parts of the code self-generating so that a first pass of the code runs to create the actual code that then runs to carry out the intended operation.
4.Uses character codes and string manipulation combined with eval rather than normal _javascript code to construct the actual code that would run.

Obscuration is not by itself evil, but it can be used to try to hide an evil intent and that is probably what AVG was objecting to. It detected so much obscuration that it couldn't tell if the _javascript was attempting to do something it was trying to prevent. As such, it declared the code as unsafe by default since it can't verify that the code seems OK.

edit on 19-10-2012 by SassyCass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Get Avira

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My anti-virus as well went off.
Hmmmmm A Mod telling you to get rid of AVG....could be a conspiracy!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
My anti-virus as well went off.
Hmmmmm A Mod telling you to get rid of AVG....could be a conspiracy!!!

OMG say it ain't so!
Have the body snatchers taken our mods?

What was that flashy light thing???
oh yes I see, there was no threat, it was just the light from Venus reflecting off the marsh gas.

edit on 19-10-2012 by SassyCass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

THANK GOODNESS!!! I was wondering if I was the only one. I just accessed this section of the forum to make a thread about it, then I saw yours. Mine keeps popping up with warnings about 'malicious sites'. I can see keywords relating to advertisements in the url that AVG identified as trying to interfere. I have no other sites open, only ATS.

What's going on, ATS? Why am I being warned that "ib.adnxs.com" is attacking me through your site? I'm safe, but it's annoying as hell. There, I was just about to click 'reply' when I got two more warnings.

Edit: just saw the mod reply. Is it really necessary to have that many pop up ads on a conspiracy site?
I can't imagine it's that profitable...

edit on 19-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If ads are the issue, there's a thread for that.

As mentioned above.. a good scan with Malwarebytes never hurts either.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If multiple/everybody running AVG is having issues then it could be a particular ad that's causing the problem. Staff & Admin have been notified.

Hang tight.

~Tenth
edit on 10/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A quick search shows that "ib.adnxs.com" or whatever has a history of playing door-to-door with less than favorable results. Thanks for paying attention! It's good to know we're cared for in our battle to deny ignorance.

edit on 19-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I no techie but I've learned a bit over the years. When this has come up in the past, and it has, turns out it was the anti virus program screwing with your browser. IE was most often mentioned. Secondly, I use Malwarebytes and I never have a problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

How ironic - I happen to be using Internet Explorer. =.=''

Perhaps I should convince my local admin to upgrade.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by intrepid

How ironic - I happen to be using Internet Explorer. =.=''

Perhaps I should convince my local admin to upgrade.

Reason is the word, not convince

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have AVG and i have no issues at all...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have AVG and mine went off about an hour ago as well. It has only popped up once though, not multiple times. It has never alerted me on ATS before. Just thought I would add that I am also experiencing the problem.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Are you using Internet Explorer? That's what I was using. I'm currently on Firefox (my browser of choice - I love me some Firefox) which is commonly regarded to be superior to Internet Explorer.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by denver22

Are you using Internet Explorer? That's what I was using. I'm currently on Firefox (my browser of choice - I love me some Firefox) which is commonly regarded to be superior to Internet Explorer.

I am on firefox too and malware-bytes..No problem here buddy..
edit on 19-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join