It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is that in my mayonnaise?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
I solved that problem long ago. Only squeeze bottle condiments in my fridge.

Decided to do the same after house guests left some tuna and a long black hair in my mayo jar.

Disgusting!

edit on 20-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well all, My house guest's are gone. I am so freaking happy I could scream. Pause..... scream at back deck. I have never in my life meet people with so mnay bad habits and nasty manners. I did say make yourselves at home. ( Mental note to self, never go stay at their house). I now have my mayonnaise back, without the add-ins. I am a happy camper. I never did find out who opened the cake iceing and got them a finger full. That's ok, I feed it to them on a cake last night, they seemed to enjoy it.

I have learned my lesson. No more house guest's that we don't know that well. ( this was one of my wife's cousin's) Never again. Not in this lifetime. Now for the state their from, I know I said I would;nt reveal it but I got too. It starts with an O and ends with and O. And I'll never ever go there. Not after this week. Thanks to all who responded. I know now I aint the only one with condiment pet-peev's. We are all so human. And in the end Miracle Whip is still nasty as hell.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Laughed about you feeding them the cake icing, well played!! Glad you're house is back to normal!!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
[snip] Umm, I have another solution, quit using condiments period. Try enjoying the taste of the food, unless the food you are trying to eat is so disgusting that it needs covering up! In that case shouldn't matter what is in the condiments. Mayo is the most fattening of all and I gave it up years ago, along with butter. Never use bbq sauce on anything I cook either, herbs and spices are all I ever use. I do use cream cheese for cheesecake and occasional bagel but that isn't a condiment. Glad we didn't get a news flash that cousins were stabbed to death with "mayo" knife!

Star for your thread! take care!

Ascension211
edit on 22/10/12 by masqua because: Edit to placate those residing in Oklahoma

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Wife's relatives. And their just staying till Sunday. I would say where there from, but I know some good folks here on ATS might be from the same state, and I don't want any body getting their feelings hurt. I just wonder if they do this at their own home.

I will never agree to this one again. Just let me make it till Sunday.

It's okay to say it. I'm from Jersey. According to the members in my Pennsylvania Survivor Group, it wasn't my fault.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Your from Jersey. I lived on Long Island for 6 years. Here's my New York/New Jersey joke for you. Please don't take offense. And as far as my thread and where my house guest's are from. It's all good, they are actually really good folks, just some nasty habits dealing with condiments.

"Why do folks from New York allways have that crappy look on their faces? Because the light at the end of their tunnell is New Jersey". Matters not where you come from, how do you think I had it for 6 years living and working in and around NY & Long Island, when I'm from N.C. Never in my life answered so many damn Andy Griffith questions.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Not a bad joke, coming from a Lon Guy-Linder!

Yes, the Jersey kind can be a bit, let's just say, outspoken. But one thing I took for granted while there, was that in Jersey, you knew where you stood with everyone. They all have the decency to tell you to go &$% yourself before, thinking they're a friend, you invite them you your quaint all-you-can-drink barbecue where they light your mother-in-law on fire for giving a dirty look when they attempt to weaponize the keg. Which reminds me - it's time to get outta Philly.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I am so sorry, I regretted it and I am glad you snipped it. I was just being silly. It was very poor taste on my part and and it will not happen again.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was a displaced southerner, I actually moved there with two kids and being a single parent. I thought if I could make it in NY with my kids then back home would be a cake walk.I learned an awful lot during my time in NY. I thought I knew what prejudice was, being from the south. Boy did I get schooled.

The best thing about my time living in NY was when it was time to leave. How folks live like that is beyond me. To many people, to small a place. Glad you did'nt take offense to that lame joke I told. See you on the boards.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I'm my opinion there are two kinds of people in this world...
People who like mayonnaise and people who like salad dressing (Miracle Whip)

...And I just don't trust people who like salad dressing
edit on 19-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

Not true, I love both. The truth of the matter is that Miracle whip is best on a sandwich, and Mayo is best on a burger. Mayo is still great on a sandwich though, I just like the tang a little more from miracle whip. Atleast that's my opinion anyway. Course, I have been known to get greedy and use one on each side as well. A little hot russian mustard too.

I will say that I am more of a mayo guy, even though there is usually both of them in the fridge. I am the only one in the house that likes Miracle whip so it tends to last longer than the mayo. Plus, We use a lot of mayo to dip artichokes and asparagus in, as well as inside a few salad dressing recipes of mine. Then their are those that don't like either, and I don't understand those people. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
[snip] Umm, I have another solution, quit using condiments period. Try enjoying the taste of the food, unless the food you are trying to eat is so disgusting that it needs covering up! In that case shouldn't matter what is in the condiments. Mayo is the most fattening of all and I gave it up years ago, along with butter. Never use bbq sauce on anything I cook either, herbs and spices are all I ever use. I do use cream cheese for cheesecake and occasional bagel but that isn't a condiment.

I understand your point about ruining the taste of food, but that's why I just use a little mayo most of the time. What ruins it is when it's piled on which also makes the bread mushy. That's why I put butter on it, it keeps that from happening.

But..........What is wrong with BBQ sauce? Most have zero Saturated and Trans fat. Also no cholesteral whatsoever. Most are high in Sodium, so maybe that was your issue. I could never live without BBQ sauce though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I was going to say egg whites and vinegar.... But....

Now I'm just going to tip toe right back out.

~Heff

Lmao Jesus Heff, Why the first post... I was thinking the exact same thing.. Give me a chance here..

lmao

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is a wonderful explanation where we are getting more information. Keep posting such valuable information with us.

Sanjeev Kapoor Recipes

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I'm my opinion there are two kinds of people in this world...
People who like mayonnaise and people who like salad dressing (Miracle Whip)

...And I just don't trust people who like salad dressing
OK...here's the deal, though. Fat-free mayo tastes like...well, let's just call it inadequate to the task at hand. Fat-free MW sorta tastes ok if you squint while using it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i'm making my own mayonnaise: egg yolk and vegetable oil, some salt. if you want an edgier/bold/spicy taste and maybe less sick making, add some mustard and /or lemon juice, black/white pepper
more healthy this way, as i know what it contains.

i dont get easily sick, but your horror story should open some eyes for some people. :/

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Just get the squeeze bottles, and never ever have the issue...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join