It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason why Iran is a "threat".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Some of you would know the reason but i heard this from an older(mid 60s) Iranian engineer at my workplace.

I seen this guy by my office for 2 yrs but never really spoke, but today i took my break later then usual and i met up and had a chat with him in the cafeteria(he has been living in the West for 25-30 yrs).

He was telling me the main reason that Iran is viewed as threat by America is because if Iran gets nuclear power and eventually develop Weapons, this would jeopardize the neighboring Arab countries, who are pawns of the US.

Most of these neighboring Arab countries do not have a political system, they do not elect anyone, this countries have been running by a "royal" family(in fact, they actually killed real royals and took over, people in middles east know this but do not talk about it). This Royal family in power due to support from US, thus, these royal families are in good relationship with US(and the benefits from each other).

Iran being the only country to rise up with rules and laws and election in Middle east, and if they do have the nuclear power means that they would be fearless. All the people under these royal families would revolt against their masters and would also want a structural law like Iran. Of course this is not favored by the royals of these neighboring countries.

Iran getting power is bad in many ways for US.

1) They would lose their connection with these royal families that run the neighboring Arab countries.
2) Pressure from Israel.
3) and the fact that Iran is the only rebellious country against US and not a sheep like the neighboring countries.

What do you guys think of this? Does his claim make sense?

Edit: i should add this because it is important, he does think the president should be changed but he does not want what happened to Iraq.

edit on 10/19/2012 by luciddream because: Add on under "edit"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sounds good, except that the House of Saud predates the US by nearly 350 years.

Oh and there is much dispute about whether or not Iran actually even has legitimate elections.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You have stated the obvious.

Of course the reason the U.S. doesn't want Iran to have nuclear weapons is because of the threat they pose.

Another thing is even though many countries in the middle east have royal families many still hold elections.....

www.electionguide.org...

Just like England for example has a royal family but they still hold elections don't they?

You just can't trust those Iranians.....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Even though I credit his opinion with more validity then most of the arm chair professionals, I would still take it with a grain of salt.

Being out of the country for 30 years is a long time. He may have updates from family in the area which certainly help, but again the Iranian regime probably keeps much from the public.

I would agree with his analysis, but things like this are much more complicated in depth then they appear on the surface.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Great point of view, but it sounds the same as what happens all over the world. Fear of infection, from that which is not under your rule. It will always upset the board game, specially when it is fixed. As we are seeing, it is all fixed and contracted one way or another.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

They do have "election" but the royals are always the winner.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The election might be corrupt(like some countries) and protests do arise, but they are trying to be different from the rest of the Arab nations but at least a non-royal man can become the president unlike royalty controlled nations.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Wow! So you're saying the elections in Iran are equal and fair but for all other countries in the middle east the elections are fixed?

Again..... Wow!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes he says he does a lot of visits back home, and worked in many Arab countries during his younger years(like Kuwait and Lebanon).

The reason his opinion seems plausible cause only other opinion i have is MSM News and anti-Iranian websites/people.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Equal and fair? not even, they are corrupt as well, but they do have a system where a non royal person can be come president.

edit: which i think is something rather than nothing.
edit on 10/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The real threat from Iran is Nuclear Bomb , If they get the bomb , nobody will dare to challenge it .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Government Unitary state, Islamic republic
- Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- First Vice President Mohammad-Reza Rahimi
- Speaker of the Parliament Ali Larijani
- Chief Justice Sadeq Larijani
Legislature Islamic Consultative Assembly

Source

President is not the highest office in Iran -

Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei (Persian: سید علی حسینی خامنه ای‎, Azerbaijani: سید علی حسینی خامنه‌ای – Seyyid Əli Xameneyi, pronounced [ʔæˈliː hoseiˈniː xɒːmeneˈʔiː] ( listen); born 17 July 1939) is the Supreme Leader of Iran, and a Twelver Shi'a marja. He had also served as the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran from 1981 to 1989. In 2010, Forbes selected him 26th in the list of 'World's Most Powerful People'.

Holding absolute power in his country, he has been described as one of only three people having "important influence" during the history of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Khamenei was the victim of an attempted assassination in June 1981 that paralyzed his right arm, although so far the biggest challenge to his leadership has been the mass protests following the June 2009 presidential elections during which he strongly supported president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. They have had a falling out since.

Khamenei holds the title of Sayyed, which means that he claims direct patrilineal descent from Ali ibn Abi Talib. Some of Khamenei's ancestors are from Tafresh in today's Markazi province, and had migrated from their original home in Tafresh to Tabriz. Born in Mashhad, he is second eldest of eight children, and two of his brothers are also clerics. His younger brother, Hadi Khamenei, is a renowned newspaper editor and cleric. Khamenei is Iranian Azeri on his father's side and his mother is a Yazd-native Persian.

Source

A President? Maybe elected properly, maybe not - but certainly not the leader of the Nation.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by H3LiX

Even tho their nuclear refinery is not up to the level to create a bomb, but why do you think they would pose a threat if they have it? Can't Nuclear device be used as a defense?

What about Pakistan? They have nuclear missile.

Is it because Iran seems like a Threat?

-If i were to be President of a country, i would like to have a nuclear missile if someone else have it. In case they invade me or try to attack me.

Its a threat deterrent.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Franco the dictator in Spain allowed the king Juan Carlos to rule, he even trained him up. So what are kings nowadays! Next we must think of popes, what are they? What influence do they really have?If they do influence a country why would that be?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the info, i cleaned my slate(of MSM and others biased news) and learning it from scratch. which i think many should do.

Edit: grmr
edit on 10/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Wow! So you're saying the elections in Iran are equal and fair but for all other countries in the middle east the elections are fixed?

Again..... Wow!

whats the difference between Iran and Americas 2 party system?

whether you chose THIS or THAT you will still get the same result, whether its Obama or Romney; Iran will be bombarded

Whether it was Obama or Mccain, Iran would still have been sanctioned

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The reason Iran is a threat is that they are a strictly patriarchal system. Women have no rights at all whatsoever. Iranian men (Muslim) are denied the ability to love and are therefore excellent killing machines.
Sex for both men and women is a painful process that keeps Love at bay. Men are not allowed to treat women as equals and women are raised to be subservient.
There are no female politicians and women are not allowed to become clerics and denied learning about Muslim tenants by other than a male cleric. They are not allowed to read the Koran. Muslim women are baby factories only.
Others reason; that their fanatical jihadists - will destroy all other societies as soon as possible and Nukes would give them the ability to take on even China. Muslims are extremely xenophobic.
Next the Muslim Brotherhood will destroy a pyramid just like other sects have done to world monuments of the past. Muslims have no respect for other religions or social groups other than their own.
If they could manage it - tomorrow - Israel would be dust, Holland, Europe, Russia and China would be slaves or dead.
All the world would be ruled by Sharia Law and those who protest would be dead, decapitated, debody parted or enslaved. Acid in the face attacks would become even more commonplace.
But you see a Muslim man does not have to worry about acid in his face, being buried to his waist, driving cars or having sex with whatever or whoever he chooses. You see Muslim men are Gods like their profit is.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by garygnu

This is what i would call Paranoia...

you think others countries just going to sit back while Iran takes over and impose Sharia law?

I'm not here to discuss how corrupt their culture or how others think one should live.

Fear and paranoia runs among, which is best controller for the masses.

Im not supporting Iran or its actions, im looking at reasons MSM and major players give for "subduing" Iran.

Them being a Patriarchal structure is my problem how? and how does it affect your daily lives?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Technically even TPTB in Iran are puppets of the Anglo system, US nationals were largely responsible for the overthrow of the Shah after all.

edit on 19-10-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: face!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

Yes and replaced by pawns, who are in danger if Iran gets power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join