It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“We are not interested in war, but we're not far from war either,”........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi,

I just love that quote.

rt.com...

Turkey pounds Syria in response to shells.
Turkey's military has fired two shells into Syrian territory after two Syrian shells landed in Turkey on Friday.

Those are their words not mine. I don't consider an equal response to be a pounding but hey what do I know.

Things are really starting to rock and roll over in the middle east.

I saw this...www.abovetopsecret.com... about the explosion in Lebanon. I don't think the two stories are related but it's just an example of how high tensions are in the region.

In response to the first shelling in Akcakale, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned Syria that future attacks on his country’s territory would be a “fatal mistake.”

Turkey has made good on its threats, recently increasing its military deployments on the Syrian border, including with tanks and F-16 fighter jets. Hürriyet Daily News reported on October 12 that Ankara has amassed around 250 tanks and 55 jets of various models along the volatile border with its Arab neighbor. Meanwhile, Turkey's troops have been put on high alert.

I thought Turkey and Syria were allies I guess things have changed.

The biggest question I have is will Iran get involved if this turns into an all out war?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

When I read the title I thought Hillary was saying that, don't know why.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Erdagon the warmonger gave weapons to the rebels to fight against the legitimate Syrian government, but the rebels shot at the turkish territory with the weapons, in order to hide his incompetence and stupidity erdagon had to quickly act and threaten Assad directly even though he has nothing to do with it. That way Erdagon doesnt have to worry about the world concentrating on who shot the mortar shells and where the weapons came from, instead he has succeeded in forcing the world to concentrate on a possible Turkish-Syrian war, if you ask way they will say Syria was the aggressor.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I figure basically the same thing that the rebels are trying to pull Turkey in to fight for them. Wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Can't help but think we are in one of those twilight wars, not actually at war, but not, not at war either..

Seems... well no point in slapping expletives in there...

As for Iran.. I guess it depends if this pans out how it has a few times... i.e Britain and Russia fought over Iran for years, well centuries.. it's strategic location and all that, yet when ever a 3rd party got involved in their piddling contest, they joined forces, invaded Iran and kicked out the 3rd party... (the Ottomans in the first world war, and the Nazis in the Second world war)

My best guess is that something similar will happen, if my history serves me correctly Syria seems to fall first..

Eg Syria and Lebanon fell in July 1941 and Iran invaded in August 1941

I have to admit that I would prefer they resolved this by playing Risk though...
edit on 19/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: ETA

top topics

join