It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe in aliens , but ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly believe we have been visited in the past and possibly right up to now but what I don't understand is if governments and NASA have knowledge or have been in contact with ETs why are they spending billions looking for planets elsewhere when they would already or could obtain this info from the ETs ??

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Its a ploy. We spend money on stuff we tell the public. What really happens is hidden from the publics eye. If we only knew...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 03Smoker
reply to post by rick004

Its a ploy. We spend money on stuff we tell the public. What really happens is hidden from the publics eye. If we only knew...

Or because there is genuinely no evidence that we have ever been visited by ET and NASA and the other agencies genuinely hope to find ET life. I mean, I know this is ATS but maybe, just maybe, there isn't a conspiracy there after all and we just haven't made contact yet? I don't know.. maybe my theory is completely ridiculous and out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You fund their secret heavy pay load rockets that travel back and forth from the moon at a secluded Air Force base... I forget the name now, its bookmarked on me laptop.. I think its somewhere near Mauritius Island (I know that spelled wrong! Aha).

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There are some things that happen on this planet which cannot be explained. I have witnessed two accounts that were certainly not of the world. My opinion, they have either made contact or they are 100% certain they are real. The universe is massive, its hard to think there wouldn't be anything else out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

One of my theories is...there are beings from other planets living among us who look human; and I don't think TPTB really know who they all are.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
That billions, maybe even trillions of dollars in funding is probably going to ultra secret projects for who knows what. Maybe they are not really looking for life elsewhere but something else? I want to believe that our governments are already working with some sort of ET's but I am still waiting for hard evidence besides the few antidotes from ex-military. Side note: Every time I start thinking about secret government projects and the like, I keep imagining the huge warehouse in Indiana Jones containing thousands of big wooden crates with untold secrets inside.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I wholeheartedly believe we have been visited in the past and possibly right up to now but what I don't understand is if governments and NASA have knowledge or have been in contact with ETs why are they spending billions looking for planets elsewhere when they would already or could obtain this info from the ETs ??

Because they don't know .
If we have been visited in the past and there is evidence of it the its highly compartmentalized and only the chosen few know about it , its on a need to know basis and we / they don't need to know .

I too believe that we may have had visitors in the past and that the evidence of that visitation would be locked away somewhere safe , if the President of the U.S doesn't have the clearance to be told why should we expect scientists at NASA or other world leaders to be in the know , Governments are for short periods of time where as top brass military is for life .
Secrets aren't secret unless they're kept .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

But if the military knew of existence or had contact , logically you would think they would try to steer the funding towards other areas instead of billions of dollars wasted on things they already know ?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You're going to get all sorts of oddball responses from this.. and I expect many conspiracy style replies like this is all just a front from the big bad government ..

But honestly, and realistically I don't think our Government has any knowledge of extra terrestrial beings or craft.. or even life on other planets at all .. I think that objects we see in the night sky fall into two categories...

1) mis-identified.. you see this CONSTANTLY .. large balloons, rc craft, weather balloons, blimps, sky divers with flares.. and dare I say it? .. chinese lanterns.. people constantly mis-identify things in the sky.. CONSTANTLY

2) experimental/top secret airforce craft

I don't believe for a second that we are alone in this universe, it's HUGE... but it's also not even statistically likely that we've been found or visited ...
edit on 10/19/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/19/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by gortex

But if the military knew of existence or had contact , logically you would think they would try to steer the funding towards other areas instead of billions of dollars wasted on things they already know ?

I don't think they have a problem with us discovering Earth like planets that may host life or even picking up signals from light years away , I believe the problem they would have is us discovering that they've been playing with ETs toys for the last several decades and not telling anyone about it .

The problem with lying is the longer it goes on the harder it is to admit the truth , and this lie ... If indeed it is a lie.. has been going on a long time .

As for wasting billions of dollars why would they care , its not their money ... they have billions of dollars of their own black budget money to fritter away and no real need to account for it to the people that give it to them .
Beware the industrial military complex

edit on 19-10-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
They know UFO / ET / Alien exists . They have Alien Crafts and Alien Technology . Even knowing these facts , i wonder why they are still searching for life elsewhere . I wonder why they don't use such technologies for space travel .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
One theory is that it is, in fact, a secret space program. So secret that it is known by only a select few. It might be in direct cooperation with one or more alien races. According to Ben Rich, former head of Lockheed Skunk Works, that is the case.

So, if you buy into this, the technology is held with such confidence, few are aware that it exists.

Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton seemed to have both been told no, when they asked for information no the subject. O secret, even the President didn't know.

Is this possible? I am not sure, but the stories are intriguing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I totally forgot about Ben Rich's bedside confessions. I remember reading about it years ago. Intriguing stuff to say the least.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by rick004

They are hiding the facts , spending use amounts in fruitless missions.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You can bet your bottom dollar that George Bush I knew all to well what was going on since he was director of the CIA and so on.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

reply to post by rick004

Or because there is genuinely no evidence that we have ever been visited by ET and NASA and the other agencies genuinely hope to find ET life.

And there's always the chance that there are no aliens out there, as big as the universe may be. There's no real proof of it that we in the general public know about. And something like that would be so big that it would be a pretty difficult secret to keep for any length of time. You'd want to have a lot of your best people studying it, and the more people who know about anything, the harder it is to keep secret. So maybe it's all bullcrap.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
As for wasting billions of dollars why would they care , its not their money ... they have billions of dollars of their own black budget money to fritter away and no real need to account for it to the people that give it to them .
Beware the industrial military complex

That, too. But it's not really a "waste" exactly. The government has to keep all the brainy engineers and scientists all content and cozy with their nice families in their nice houses somehow. Otherwise, they'll sell their skills to the highest bidder. So like the Army having their men dig holes and then fill them back in, there needs to be a lot of work created for them to do. Aircraft or weapons or Mars bases that will never be built. Odd applications of electricity and magnetism that will never be practical. These guys have to do something. As long as they get paid, they don't seem to care that all of their hard work and brainpower amounts to nothing.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join