It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoax collar bomber behaviour 'bizarre'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Paul Douglas Peters has no memory of attaching a fake collar bomb to a Sydney teenager's neck and now believes his action was "bizarre and stupid", a court has heard.

In the months before he confronted Madeleine Pulver on August 3 last year, Peters was suffering from "major depression" and had taken on the role of a character in a book he was writing, forensic psychiatrist Dr Bruce Westmore told a sentence hearing at the District Court in Sydney on Friday.

Peters, once an affluent banker, has pleaded guilty to breaking into the Pulver family home and attaching a fake collar bomb to Ms Pulver's neck after cornering her in her bedroom.

An attached document demanded an unspecified sum of money and said the device would explode if tampered with.

The incident sparked a 10-hour police operation before the device was confirmed to be fake.

Peters was arrested in the Kentucky home he had shared with his ex-wife, Debra Peters, in the US a couple of weeks later on August 15.

(Full article)

Useful links:
- Wikipedia summary
- News.com.au Article
- ABC news link

----------------------

I don't know what to think about this whole case. Something does not seem right about the official story and there are things that just don't add up. Interesting to note that the suspect was once an affluent banker, probably with ties to some powerful corporations. The "no memory of the event" line seems suspicious, but what if he was mind-controlled or threatened to do this by some powerful individuals?

Could this be a simple case of extortion or is there more than meets the eye?

edit on 19/10/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
ahh he cant remember ,that old chestnut
edit on 19-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I remember this when it happened and thinking what an odd situation. It must have been nothing short of terrifying for the young woman. I also read recently that a female Police officer remained with the young woman for the entire time.

When reading your post my first thought was - I wonder what would have happened had the young woman not been at home at the time he broke in??? Was he in fact informed when to attend the house so that the young woman would be there????

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice????

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I find that wearing this: news.ninemsn.com.au...
while doing that is pretty disturbing and might support his claim, cause what criminal in their right mind would wear that while commiting a crime. If I were her I would not have known if it was a joke or for real. I can't believe the store even had adult sizes.
edit on 20-10-2012 by geldib because: (no reason given)

top topics

join