It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

u can be 1mil years old! /timetravel explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
with all that einstein thought about time travel the only reason i cant see him telling this theory is because of its scary possibility's, unless he died before he figured it out. But for all i know the gov could be trying to make it work or i could just be wrong.

So heres my theory tell me if im wrong or if u have additions.
Light is the "controller" of time it sets the maximum speed of matter without it time traveling, and so on. the "part" of light that controlls this must be the electromegnetic spectrum because it is kind of like a liquid compared to photons which would not be the "controller" of time because they are individual particalls and would not allow for time to exist for everything simultaneously. i hope it makes scence so far. Knowing this by using a logical progression u can determine that em waves allow time to go forwards, and is what causes us to age(corelation of age to time...). Therefore we can determine that higher frequencies make people age faster because of how scientists have determined that higher frequencies can cause canser and other bodily harm. Therefore the lower the total frequency the slower you age, but im not done. I still havnt discussed backwards time "movement". In order to go backwards u would need the inverse of an em wave, i will call it iem wave for short. If stars emit em waves and u want the opposite(iem wave) then what is the opposite of a star?... A black hole just to say that these must exist. So the higher the frequency of an iem wave the quicker someone would get younger.

In conclusion if someone was able to expose themselves to only low frequency em waves for maybe several hundred years, then take a shot of high frequency iem waves to make their body young again and repeat that person would be able to live as long as they wanted until they had an accident or were murderd.

Does my theory work? im hoping there are some physasists out there that would know.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by IQkid]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by IQkid]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
oh and is there a corelation to iem waves and gravity if anyone knows?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i have no idea what light actually is or whatever....but if that actually worked humans would be 'primates' forever and ever and ever and ever.....aliens would still consider use too primitive and experiment on us

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
we would still be reproducing allowing for "evolution" to take place if it is real im not saying it is or isn't, but if it is consider the possibility that tech is our next evolution

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OK OK OK...

that would be awesome... but at the same time would suck.

Where in the hell did you read this?!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i made this theory myself i may only be 15 but thats why im trying to get others opinions on it

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
ok, ok I may sound like an idiot posting this but until someone with more knowledge comes along to this thread, I want to ask if it's possible to have the inverse of an electromagnetic wave

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
thats one of the things im wondering but it would explain the time abnormalities of black holes and how they make "a pit" in the fabric of the time space continuam because it would make scence to be a hole to the past.
Which i did hear about 2 black holes that will colide in about 1 mil years causing an actual rip in the continuam. So i know that black holes are related to time but to iem waves i dk, but hope to find out if at least that part of my theory is correct. it does make scence though.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Okay...here we go...first off your assumption that light contols time is a tad off base. Light really has no bearing on spacetime out side of setting the speed limit and effects of traveling as fast as light. Which is the closer to the speed of light matter reaches the the more massive its total mass becomes until it becomes infintely massive, and that is at the point of LS. Gravity, so far, seems to have the greatest effect on spacetime. Extreme gravity has the ability to warp spacetime and bend light. As for iEm or inverted EM,At this time I have not ran across any info or research to that effect. If someone else has maybe they can she a little more light on the subject. As for the basic theory of using IEM on human bodies, just remeber this...as you stated Em at high doses and frequencies do have detremental effects on the human body not to mention our own brains emit a small EM signature. People who are subjected to strong enough fields can and have hallucinated and even known to have seizures. Realistically I can't see even IEM waves reversing anything having to do with the the bodies natural functions, as a matter of fact the amount of IEM required to even attempting something like this would invariable have similiar if nor worse effects on us than it's counterpart. As a ending point blackholes ARE tears in spacetime that are thought to contain a quantum singualarity at its core. 2 blackholes colliding,it is theorized, would either A) create a supermassive blackhole or B) completely cancel each other out. This is due to the theory that matter when it comes into contact with a singularity is annihilated. I hope this helps a little bit in you quest for knowledge

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
black holes arent the opposite of stars at all! They are the final phase of a star with so much mass it is unable to sustain itself and collapses down to a minute size (maybe a singularity i dont think they have solved that yet). I dont know much about em waves, but im pretty sure if you managed to slow down time (not reverse it other wise the 3 arrows would not be pointing the same direction (too long and difficult to explain)) you wouldn't notice the effects because everything would slow down including your thought processes, so to you everything is running at the same speed just as normal. Unless you made a bubble in which time ran slower, then you would age slower than everything else outside the bubble.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
basically the em waves make time possible but the high frequencies can be harmful and if they didnt exist u wouldnt age, so u make them low frequencies so that u age slow and high iem waves so u age backwards fast

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
well that I do understand however its not the frequency per se that I am worried about. You would need an intense low frequency burst in order to have an discernable effect and that usually has very bad effects on the human body.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
CookieMonster000: if that actually worked humans would be 'primates' forever and ever
Untrue. Humans would have to be able to harness these IEM waves, therefore they would necessarily be advanced.

Shugo: that would be awesome... but at the same time would suck.
Why would it suck?

Fastmover01: first off your assumption that light contols time is a tad off base. Light really has no bearing on spacetime out side of setting the speed limit and effects of traveling as fast as light.
IQkid: Light is the "controller" of time it sets the maximum speed of matter without it time traveling
Aren't these statements virtually identical? Light acts as a speed limit because nothing can go faster than light. If faster-than-light speed were possible (as I understand it) then spacetime would be sufficiently malleable enough to allow time-travel.

As for IEM, I believe the basic theory is 'EM=bad therefore perhaps IEM=good'. Even if it takes a huge amount of IEM, IEM is still the opposite of EM therefore only produces good effects. A huge amount of EM produces negative effects simply because EM is 'bad'. Makes sense to me.

superduperman: black holes arent the opposite of stars at all!
Actually, in terms of light, yes they are. Whereas a star gives out light, a black hole sucks light in. In terms of gravity, a black hole is just a much stronger star.

It seems to me that this theory really hinges on (1) the relationships between light, gravity, and EM; and (2) the possibility of IEM.

If IEM does or can exist, though, what about anti-gravity? and anti-light?

[Edit: tried to fix text size problem...
]

[edit on 20/10/2004 by Al Vereco]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was trying to say that light has no "physical controlling " effect on spacetime...lol...sorry if that got confused

and there are subatomic particles that do travel faster than light.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Fastmover01]

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Fastmover01]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Only want to add that light speed is not a treshold of time travel, even astronauts lose parts of a second every week traveling on orbit.
Plus everything in the post is WRONG, sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Vereco
superduperman: black holes arent the opposite of stars at all!
Actually, in terms of light, yes they are. Whereas a star gives out light, a black hole sucks light in. In terms of gravity, a black hole is just a much stronger star.

Sorry to pick, but you are right and wrong. Yes black holes suck in light, but they also give out light, black holes are infact not black at all! You should read Stephen Hawkings "A Brief History of Time" it helps you to understand all the issues here alot better in a simple way even though it was written way back in the late 80s.

new topics

top topics

join