It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Heck....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

The drinking has stopped. I was sober for 5 years prior to this. I made a mistake and have manned up to it.

As I've stated though I'm too proud to accept or apply for any benefits.I refuse to do it.It is a last resort to me and I'm hoping to get this job. I've depended on no one my entire life. And I don't intend to start now.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

the chicken part got me too.

I also want to thank you for helping me. Means a lot!!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You are very welcome. I've needed help many times in my life so it's nice if I can help someone else even just a little.

I'll be laughing about the chicken for awhile. Once I get the giggles it's hard to get rid of them, lucky my husband is asleep so he won't have to endure it

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by MasonicFantom

As I've stated though I'm too proud to accept or apply for any benefits.I refuse to do it.It is a last resort to me and I'm hoping to get this job. I've depended on no one my entire life. And I don't intend to start now.

I know that feeling man. I've been without work for a LONG LONG time now and despite being hired at a temp service, there are zero jobs at any of them. Two years ago I had lost my job and despite looking constantly, still had nothing. My friends and family had to
BEG me to get on food stamps. I had pride. I was like 'no way'. And my son and I were down to saltine crackers before I caved and got on them.

4 months ago ....well April 2012 so a little more than 4 months ago now.... I had to give up my apt and move into housing here. The way I look at it, while we work, we pay into stuff like this. The food stamps I've been using is my own money I paid into while working my butt off since 1989. It's not mooching when my taxes went into it, see?

Yeah, it kills the pride some to use em, BUT you have /food/. I get you want to wait til the last possible option. It's all fine.
But dont think it's anything bad or wrong. Just as everyone working says 'it's my tax money going in for this', so is it YOUR tax money going in for YOURSELF and your child.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Survival is everything. Your will to live and thrive should be the most powerful force in you. It's the most real, instinctive, and primeval force you'll ever have.
Sense of pride, etc., is all artificial. Fvck it, seriously. Try to get benefits while searching for a job.
edit on 23-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to update this :

Good news!! I got the job! Right now I'm scheduled to start on November 5th.I still have to be out of here by Dec. 1st..so I'm mauling my options. I'm thinking about just renting a room until after the holidays.And save the whole time I'm there.My daughters grandparents are fine with her staying there as long as needed.I am too as we found out what happened to her mother - she was busted buying drugs from an undercover cop.More then likely given her past history shes' going to be away until after the Holidays.

So it begins.I'm a bit sad that my daughter is not with me right now but I know she will be soon.I'm planning on spending everyday until the 5th with her.Again,I want to thank everyone for their comments and support,be it in this thread or privately. It's meant so much. Thank you all.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

What great news nightstalker! I was thinking about you today, wondering how your job interview went. I'm so damned happy for you. The idea of renting a room for the time being is a good way to save up your money faster. You'll have a home with your Dear Daughter in no time. You sound so much better. I knew you would pull it all together....

Bright Blessings Dear One....

Des

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for thinking of me Des,means a lot! I'm excited. It's a new chapter in my life and all I can do is embrace it.And make the best of it which is what I plan to do.I do admit to panicking..especially with the economy the way it is.Thankfully I'll be making close to what I was before.So saving shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
YAY! WOO HOO! So happy to hear this Honey!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Congratulations!!!

This is great news and I'm so happy for you. I think it's a great idea to rent a room as well. You can save money very quickly that way and like Des said you can get a home for you and your daughter to be together again soon! I'm very happy everything is working out for you so well. And don't worry about panicking, anyone would of panicked in that situation, especially someone with a child. I continue to hope the best for you and her.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by SproutKY
I don't know what your religious beliefs may be, but you have been in my prayers.

How old are you? There are some other options you could think about. Perhaps you could go back to school with a pell grant or even a student loan? Is the military an option? They provide educational support as well. It's not for everybody, but if it's something you are interested in, it could be beneficial.

I hope you find a good solution soon and will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers.
\

I'm 34. While I appreciate your comments your way off base with them.I don't know why you're assuming I need to go back to school. I'm not going to reveal anything personal but I was making a good living with my previous job. But I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

It wasn't meant to be offensive, additional education is always an option regardless of our level already attained

Just trying to think of options and thought you may be a 20-something that could greatly benefit from it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Another update for anyone who cares... Started the job today. I love it!! The people are so nice.Many asked me about my situation and why I changed jobs. Didn't give them too many details but gave them the jist of it. One person in particular was nosey(i almost suspect shes a member here,but have no proof) and about an hour after our chat,she came back and handed me nearly $800.That money is going towards an apartment for me and my little girl. I didn't know what to say. She took it upon herself to get a collection going on. I nearly didn't accept it but knew that I had to given my situation. At the risk of sounding like a baby,I nearly cried. It renewed my faith in the human race.

edit on 6-11-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Glad to hear the positive news, congratulations.

While there is still a lot of negativity in this world, do not forget that there are still good decent people out there willing to lend their help and support.

I hope things continue to improve for you and wish you all the best.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join