It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Heck....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Try and get a job that provides you a bed as well, I suppose... oilfield or forrestry comes to mind.
Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Op, dont kill yourself no matter how bad this gets. And dont worry about your stuff. Honestly i lost all my stuff from being homeless, and it was the best thing that ever happened in the long run. Woke me up to how bs materialism is. And i have way better stuff now. Hell i was sleeping in my car. And then the wheels started falling off it. No bull!

This was in december 08. The local economy was destroyed. And pretty much had been the whole time bush was in office. I did manage to work odd jobs, call ins at a temp agency, whatever...didnt do too bad for being homeless. Kept some important things in a storage unit.

Read all job ads, even things youve never heard up. Call local chemical plants. Have lunch at a bar and ask the bartender about jobs hes heard about. Apply to clean toilets even. Dont think any job is below you. Mow old peoples lawns.

Your landlord is a dick by the way

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I second everything phroziac just wrote.

When you first lose your material things it will feel terrible, it can literally feel like the end of the world. You may find yourself with only a change of clothes, some sentimental items and not much else. I will tell you as others here have said that when you are back on your feet, you will feel like a stronger person. This will put into perspective what is important and what is not so important.

It makes me so happy to see all of the support you are getting here. It seems that quite a few of us have been here before. I don't say that to discount the hardship but to give you hope. We have survived and you will too. I believe you will survive because I believe you want to survive. The attitude that you have coming into this can help or hinder. It sounds corny but you have to think positive to keep your sanity. It's okay to get kind of mad about it too, it can help you fight this but don't let the anger consume you. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to see how it's all going to work out even if right now we don't believe that it will work out.

We are here for you in any way we can be.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hey Nightstalker. I'm sitting here, wondering if you are feeling a little better tonight, I hope so. I see you have many friends sending you good wishes and love. How healing and supportive this is....and, you have brought us all together. I'm amazed how the Universe works sometimes.

You have some really good leads in this thread. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you sort through them. I have unlimited phone service. If you'd like me to make calls for you to find answers to questions, just say the word.

Be easy on yourself. I'm sure you are going through an emotional roller coaster...when it gets overwhelming...just stop, and breath. Deep, slow, breaths to calm your mind. Forgive yourself for feeling like you let yourself down last night.

There is no reason to let undue guilt, rent free in your mind. Today is a new day, that sees 3 pages of wonderful people all caring about you. You are worth it too Nightstalker.

I'll check back in later...hope you are feeling how much people are more than willing to help...all you need to do is accept that which is given freely...

Hugs...

Des

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Op, dont kill yourself no matter how bad this gets. And dont worry about your stuff. Honestly i lost all my stuff from being homeless, and it was the best thing that ever happened in the long run. Woke me up to how bs materialism is. And i have way better stuff now. Hell i was sleeping in my car. And then the wheels started falling off it. No bull!

This was in december 08. The local economy was destroyed. And pretty much had been the whole time bush was in office. I did manage to work odd jobs, call ins at a temp agency, whatever...didnt do too bad for being homeless. Kept some important things in a storage unit.

Read all job ads, even things youve never heard up. Call local chemical plants. Have lunch at a bar and ask the bartender about jobs hes heard about. Apply to clean toilets even. Dont think any job is below you. Mow old peoples lawns.

Your landlord is a dick by the way

I'd never kill myself over this no matter how bad it gets.This isn't just about me it is about my daughter.She needs me and I've promised I won't do anything rash no matter how upset I am. And I am not worried about material things - they can be replaced. I lost many things in a fire years ago so I don't put much stock into those things.My main concern is being able provide for my daughter.Trust me,I'm not one to be picky about a job especially in this economy.I will take anything that comes my way no matter what it pays.You have to do what you have to do to get by - I know this.Thank you for the support.And I agree my landlord is a dick!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des,it is much appreciated.The response to this thread(even the pm's I've recieved) has been over whelming and words can't describe how much it means to me.Definately wasn't expecting this. I am doing a bit better tonight (sober,woo hoo!) but I'm still worried.Today was a busy day so I will be taking the time tomorrow to go through all the links provided and figure out what I need to do.I'm trying to stay positive it is hard but I know if I start thinking bad things I'm not going to be able to focus on what I need to do.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by nightstalker78

I'm in FL too. Would you be comfortable saying what region? I'm in central but have a bit of knowledge about southern and northern areas as well. You don't need to get specific but knowing the region will help narrow down the search.

Just saw this - I'm in central Fl as well. I'll be having a look through all the links you provided soon.Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Is there any chance you can go live with your daughter's grandparents as well? It would be tough but it's better than being on the street. Tell them you will pay whenever you can and will help out around the house. It's times like these that one needs their family's support so that they can get back on their feet.

Thanks for you thoughts. Unfortunately,that isn't an option. She's staying with her mother's parents.We get along but not well enough to live together.As I've mentioned my daughters mother is a junkie and has gone awol.That's the only reason I sent her there.I'm from up North(philadelphia,pa,to be exact) so that's where my family is.Worse comes to worse I'll just have to suck it up and head back home and stay with family.But that's something I want to do as a last resort.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

You've already recieved some good advice from our little ATS family here. I would just like to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers and that I wish you the strength and courage that you need right now. Oh and...BIG HUG!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you

This thread has proved to me that there are good kind people left out there.It amazes me that I've gotten more sympathy from "strangers" then I have from my own family and friends.I can't say it enough I truly am grateful to everyone who has offered their thoughts.It is helping to keep me thinking positive.
edit on 19-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

We are here for you as long as you need us. Life is full of changes and challenges and it's nice to have people by our side.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't know what your religious beliefs may be, but you have been in my prayers.

How old are you? There are some other options you could think about. Perhaps you could go back to school with a pell grant or even a student loan? Is the military an option? They provide educational support as well. It's not for everybody, but if it's something you are interested in, it could be beneficial.

I hope you find a good solution soon and will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hey Nightstalker...just checking in to see how you are doing my Friend. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Have you had any success in finding some resources that you can use? Let us know how things are progressing OK?

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thank you Des.I've actually got some good news. My daughters grandparents(her mothers parents) lent me the the money to pay for two months rent and thankfully my landlord accepted it. I have to be out of here by December 1st though.That takes a little bit of stress off of me.But I still have to focus on getting a Job and a place to live. For now my daughter is going stay where she is until I can provide a stable place for her. We've been spending every day together though and I'm thankful for that.She gave me a hug today and said "Daddy,I love you,everything will be okay". It nearly made me cry.She is one tough kid.

On that note I want to thank everyone who's replied to this thread and provided either advice or links. It really made me feel better.I do have a job interview wednesday and I'm hoping I'll get it. In the coming days I will update this thread. Again,thank you all.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

This means a lot to me. As lame as it sounds. I've already said it but this thread has proven to me there are still good,decent people around. I'm so proud to be a member of this community. Okay I'm done being cheesy

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Oh...that is wonderful news. You have some breathing space to think clearly, and a job interview. I'm gonna Pray so hard you get it. Plus, I'm gonna revert to my Witchy ways, and dance naked in the moonlight swinging a dead chicken around my head, while chanting....Give Nightstalker the job...give Nightstalker the job....anything that helps...huh...

I'm so happy you and your Dear Daughter are spending time together. She sounds like one sharp cookie, Daddy. Telling you everything is going to be alright. I look forward to your updates Sweet Pea....

Sending positive energy, and a lot of Love.

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY
I don't know what your religious beliefs may be, but you have been in my prayers.

How old are you? There are some other options you could think about. Perhaps you could go back to school with a pell grant or even a student loan? Is the military an option? They provide educational support as well. It's not for everybody, but if it's something you are interested in, it could be beneficial.

I hope you find a good solution soon and will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers.
\

I'm 34. While I appreciate your comments your way off base with them.I don't know why you're assuming I need to go back to school. I'm not going to reveal anything personal but I was making a good living with my previous job. But I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Your first paragraph literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks I needed that

And yes she is quite sharp. She takes after her father

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Oh...that is wonderful news. You have some breathing space to think clearly, and a job interview. I'm gonna Pray so hard you get it. Plus, I'm gonna revert to my Witchy ways, and dance naked in the moonlight swinging a dead chicken around my head, while chanting....Give Nightstalker the job...give Nightstalker the job....anything that helps...huh...

It's the swinging chicken part where the magic is
I laughed so hard Des, Thank you lol

And nightstalker, I'm also very glad to read that things are looking up a little, I will be thinking positive that you get the job but I will leave the chicken swinging to Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Tough story, OP, have you tried writing to Obama to give you some free stuff?

But really, stop the drinking! And can't you qualify for unemployment benefits/pay?

I feel for ya, if you can make it for just 2 more months tho, all will be better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join