It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast from the Deep (BMHWC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"Captain the pressure gauges are at 1000 kpa now, she's going to decompress too soon!"

"Johnson is still at the port and if we cant raise the pressure we wont be able to open the hatch before it gets here, radar shows the beast just under 12 thousand feet away and approaching at 24 knots."

" Release steam from the support vessel one more time and Braddock try to raise Johnson on his coms and get him to the hatch."

"Johnson this is Elite Explorer Two come in"

(Static)

"Johnson this is an emergency, the beast is moving directly towards us, get to the hatch now!"

(Static)

"Captain I do not think Johnson can hear us there is too much static from the beast's electrical current, what do you want me to do?"

" Braddock you stay put and Danforth, suit up and get out there to pull him in."

"Eye Captain, on my way."

"Sir the radiation signatures are getting stronger, at this rate I am not sure Danforth has time."

"Ready Captain, open hatch one."

" "Opening hatch one now."

(Swoosh)

"Closing hatch and opening hatch two."

"He's in the water."

" Braddock how close is the beast?"

" 6 thousand feet and picking up speed."

"Alright try and call Danforth."

" Danforth come in, can you hear me?"

(Static)

"Danforth, Johnson do you read me?"

(Static)

"Captain the radar is cutting out."

(Lights blinking power surges and then goes black.)

"Hit the emergency axillary power source now."

"Captain we wont have enough pressure to surface and our oxygen will only last at the most 45 minutes. Without the ability to decompress were dead in the water."

"Listen Braddock we knew the risks when we took this assignment, we knew there was little chance of coming out alive either by the beast or this old submarine, this is going to be a one shot deal and you you know it."

(Hatch two opens and then hatch one spills open with a loud sucking sound and freezing water floods in escaping through the floor grates.)

"Holy smokes, this is bad, what are we going to do Captain?"

"Well when the Navy commissioned us we knew it was as close to a suicide mission as we have ever been on."

"Geeze, how big is this sucker?"

" Take a look it fills the entire radar screen!"

Johnson and Danforth peel off their underwater gear and stand with Captain Reed and Braddock, eyes wide at the sight of the monster from the deep headed their way in the darkened underwater coffin of metal.

"Ok guys lets get the torpedoes into place and at ready, we will only have one chance to get this right and for the sake of humanity we need to wipe out this amphibious demon."

" Are we sure this is the mother?"

"All we know is that sitting here in her nest and having killed all of her babies she is going to be one ferocious mama."

"Captain torpedoes at ready."

"She's coming fast!"

(The beast now visual through the port viewer as glowing yellow and large as 3 football fields, slashing its tail and mouth opening showing barbed teeth like fangs and blowing a radiation fireball in the direction of the sub.)

"On my command, in 3-2-1 FIRE!!!"

(Torpedoes hit the amphibious creature and it is instantly decapitated, large chunks of slimy yellow and red glop slam against the window and deafening sounds of the body and tail smashing and thrashing against the ship.)

"YES! We got the beast!, perfect hit!"

(Cheers and back slaps as the men congratulate each other for a job well done and a world saved from annihilation, as the murky yellowed and bloody water recedes from their view silence fills the inside of the small water craft. Looking through the gore spattered viewer, the men look at one another for the last time as thousands of smaller yet giant beasts come shooting out of the neck of the now headless mother beast. The last thing they see is a enormous mouth and sharp teeth clamping down before crushing the small submarine.)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Creative.

I enjoyed it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

LOL, B rate for sure. I see the guys as those old fashioned types in tan suits and greasy slicked back hair with that good boy tilt at the top. I have been actually looking into writing something in the distant future, one that takes place undersea where humanity has evolved and had either the choice to go into space or colonize under the ocean. So this was just a short idea based on that worse case scenario. In my story it is really not the direction however as evolution has happened for both humanity and all aquatic life. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Very nice. Great pace, even mesmerizing.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Man its good to hear from you! I am so curious to your take on the vaccine ramp up nationwide right now, like a Brate movie on its own... You could KILL this competition if you decided to write one for our scary entertainment...

Love to you and yours

new topics

top topics

join