Is God's name really Yahweh?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What does "Yahweh" mean? What's the modern translation for it? I've always understood it to mean 'carpenter', because the characters seem to translate into 'See the hand, see the nail'. Pretty cruel foreshadowing...

Yes it is foreshadowing, and it also tells us who our God is, who Jesus really is, that Jesus is the one who Created us.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

It was changed to YHWH during or after their time in Babylon.

Bold statements that can't be backed up by anything. You post statements and show no proof. The Babylonian moongod is Sin (Sheen), the Sumerian moongod is Nanna.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

It was changed to YHWH during or after their time in Babylon.

The name YHWH was unknown to the people who lived to the north of ancient Israel before The Babylonian Empire era. But it was well known in the southern territories, basically the area of the tribe of Judah.
The name YHWH was one that came from the area to the south of Israel, in the northern part of Arabia near the Red Sea.
edit on 20-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by truejew

Bold statements that can't be backed up by anything.

The evidence...

YHWH is Aramaic, not Hebrew. The Jews learned Aramaic in Babylon.
Yahweh means moon god of perversion.
All artifacts found with YHWH on them have been found in pagan temples.
YHWH is used in witchcraft.

I think the fact that YHWH is not the name of God is backed up by strong evidence.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by truejew

Bold statements that can't be backed up by anything.

The evidence...

YHWH is Aramaic, not Hebrew. The Jews learned Aramaic in Babylon.
Yahweh means moon god of perversion.
All artifacts found with YHWH on them have been found in pagan temples.
YHWH is used in witchcraft.

I think the fact that YHWH is not the name of God is backed up by strong evidence.

You do realize where Abraham came from don't you? Go take a peek at the old maps where Ur of the Chaldees was located. I'll give you a hint, not far from Babylon in what was once called Sumeria. Now what language did Abraham speak hm? Why Chaldean ofcourse which would be a mixture of the languages in that area.

Quit clowning.

exclusive video

<< 1  2  3   >>

join