posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
Originally posted by vaelamin
I dont see it and i did a google search on bible verses. What chapter is it shown in?
edit on 18-10-2012 by vaelamin because: (no reason
A fair question, I will answer with the bible as you requested.
Psalms 83:18 multiple bibles
That they may knowe that thou, which art called Iehouah, art alone, euen the most High ouer all the earth.
King James Bible
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
World English Bible
that they may know that you alone, whose name is Yahweh, are the Most High over all the earth.
H3045 וידעו That may know H3588 כי that H859 אתה thou, H8034 שׁמך whose name H3068 יהוה JEHOVAH, H905 לבדך alone H5945
עליון the most high H5921 על over H3605 כל all H776 הארץ׃ the earth.
This is from Strongs transliteration of the the Tetragrammaton.
3068 [e] Yah·weh יְהוָ֣ה
is the LORD
I have studied this topic very extensively my conclusion is this:
1) God does have a personal name, "LORD" is a title.
2) God's name is represented in old Hebrew by the Tetragrammaton, the direct translation is not "LORD"
3) God's name in Hebrew began with "Y".
4) God's name in English begins with "J"
5) Most bibles if they use God's name at all, use "Jehovah"
6) Study of the scriptures reveals that all "Y" based names were changed to "J" in the conversion from Hebrew to English, so if you use Jesus, you
edit on 19-10-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)