It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH No, Salafists destroy ancient Morocco carvings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HabiruThorstein

Originally posted by Kharron
Now this is really Aladeen news!

Jokes aside, fundamentalists will be fundamentalists... no matter where they are. We've got plenty of our own, except ours get unrestricted time on TV and in politics.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

This is intellectual laziness bordering on brainlessness. Lately, there hasn't really been much news about: Buddhists, Confucians, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Taoists, Zoroastrians, Shintoists, Pagans, Wiccans etc setting out to destroy cultural artifacts/sites for reasons of religious supremacism. Why? Because they aren't doing it. Maybe you dislike televangelists as much as I do but I can turn the channel-really it isn't that difficult. No one can rebuild the Buddhist statues in Afghanistan, this site in Morocco, the countless Hindu temples and shrines in India-Pakistan-Bangladesh, the inmuerable Coptic shrines churches in Egypt being destroyed almost daily lately. Just lumping it all together though, hey it precludes you from ever having to learn anything. Saves a lot of time that way

There is one group doing this stuff and it is muslims.
edit on 21-10-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: typo

edit on 21-10-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: (no reason given)

Generalisation is one of the problems on this website. Somehow, when 5 people deface a building, the few billion Muslims are the sole reasons for the problems on our planet. Notice how the Muslims who have lived in these places for decades have lived with these buildings without doing anything to them. If Muslims are so barbaric, how come these buildings aren't already gone?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yet I notice you dont say he is wrong & that says something.

Muslims are to blame for this sorry no other way to say it accept maybe, Some MUSLIMS are doing this while some MUSLIMS sit idly by & do nothing & still other MUSLIMS encourage them, I see no way to toss Hindus/Christians/whatever's in the mix all I see is MUSLIMS carrying on in an egotistical bastard of a fashion that is common in these areas.

So when 5 guys come to your neighbourhood & demolish a building you don't notice? or you don't care?
Either way your only slightly better than those doing the smashing when you turn a blind eye to it.

I have the same issues with radicals, Ohh these 5 guys came down and raped the girls, but were not those Muslims were different Muslims.
Maybe the village consisting of way more "good" Muslims could of done something to stop it. NO?
If me & 4 mates went to do it we would be dispatched before we devailed the first girl but that's different cause were not Muslims, when muslims do they stand by & watch maybe even cheer a little.
Same deal how about a few of your friends go to destroy the local Mosque I bet those Muslims who stand by & let these monuments get leveled would have something to say. No?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join