It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is the 25th anniversary the 1987 stock market crash - ask me a question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
reply to post by leo123

Ah ha, but can you now answer the question I asked?

Is there anything you notice from 1987 relevant to today's stock market that indicates another huge crash is forthcoming?

I always look for extremes, because they always burst. Todays extreme is public debt, so yes, when that bursts - and it already has in some countries - it will have a huge impact on the stock market in the area where it is bursting.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Thank you very much

It was a smart ass reply but I was also genuinely curious LOL

Now I know,

Cheers dude

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Friday was a pretty bad day. What do you think will happen tomorrow when the markets open? Also, what in gods name happened with google the other day? I know they said that someone leaked the reports before the close, but it sounded pretty bad. Yet, the CEO is saying he is pleased with his company? Might be dumb questions, but thats all I've got for now

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Friday was a pretty bad day. What do you think will happen tomorrow when the markets open? Also, what in gods name happened with google the other day? I know they said that someone leaked the reports before the close, but it sounded pretty bad. Yet, the CEO is saying he is pleased with his company? Might be dumb questions, but thats all I've got for now

I was trying to relay my experience of the '87 crash, not to try and predict future events.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Hi, congrats on your position. What are your thoughts on where investors should strategically position themselves as we approach this fiscal cliff? There's much prediction of a huge early 2013 downturn. I'm retired (young) with a steady income stream.

Remain diversified, mutual funds?

Move to cash, treasuries, bonds, money market?

Real Estate, precious metals?

I've seen investors moving funds to outside accounts such as Swiss.

Should we think and act in these extremes?

edit on 22-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't want to get into future predictions.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join