It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Change, if Jesus Is Found NOT To be Real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
PLEASE, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU POST. THE QUESTION IS DIRECT, THANK YOU.

I have been wanting to write this for a very long time. I am not religious and I have my own beliefs, but that's not what I want to make this thread about. I don't usually write in this forum or the other on ATS, but I do read the threads and posts that interest me.

I don't have to have a religion, but my curiosity always gets me, as my family is very religious, and by reading these threads and posts I get more of an understanding when talking with them, instead of being bombarded by scriptures, OH, and I hope that isn't what this turns into.

This is a personal thread, more or less how people feel, not what is written, but your own personal feelings about it. While reading many threads I see less and less of the word god being used, but more jesus then I would expect. As if there is something missing, and I'm just not seeing it.

So my question is.... if religious (doesn't matter what religion, just if you believe in jesus) people were to find out that everything they believe is true, more or less, but the jesus story was false, or made up, would that change things for you?

I know that many that are religious will go the scriptures route but I am hoping that its understood that my question is pretty easy, and direct.

Thank you for your time, NRE.

For those that choose to write a post here is the question.....

IF JESUS WAS FOUND TO BE A FALSE STORY , HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT RELIGION?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
To answer the question you asked, terrified, if not for jesus and the new testament
we would see some even scarier things out of christianity, i already fear these people
will be coming for us non believers should they get the chance even with the
limitations placed on them by jesus, if his words were not there to mitigate the
extreme oppression in the rest of the bible it would be truly apocalyptic in my opinion.

The idea of jesus at the very least tempers some of the more "active" members of
that religion from further forcing their opinion of whats right on other people.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

It would not change my perceptions of things. I believe Jesus-like abilities are possible. I also believe that anyone holding on tight to ideals and principle beliefs, revolving around spite and derision, and especially for the reasons that many "religious" folk adhere to...

You get what I mean.

Justification of hatred and anger comes in very few legitimate forms, in my honest opinion, and many of the ideas preached by some religious sects/people are perfect examples of wanton hatred and derision. In fact, many of the fear-based stories seem to simply be archetypal fears of the lower mind, manifesting in stories that appear to quell and obstruct positive progress of the human race, in my opinion. These negative, fear-based aspects of the popularized religions, or any, for that matter, are no more, than primitive mental weapons.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I would think it dissapointing it took so long to find out its false

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It doesn't really matter - it's all a bad dream and Jesus/God loves everyone of us with a love our little ego minds can't even comprehend.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Jesus did really exist in my opinion. If the news was announced then why i believe the news anyway? Would you believe it?
He existed and who really was he, what a mystery.

Will You Change, if Jesus Is Found NOT To be Real?

This question sublimally could be the same as

Will You Change, if LOVE Is Found NOT To be Real?

And who would tempt to answer No which leaves only remaining the possibility for a void of cold space in the heart.

edit on 19-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

For me, it would make no difference.

Do as you would be done by
Love one another
No one is perfect

Yep - don't need to be religious to see the sense in that.

Everybody just needs to be cool and take a chill pill every once in a while.

Religion and Spirituality are two completely different things in my book.

S&F

edit on 19-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Perhaps a better question might have been:

IF RELIGION WAS FOUND TO BE A FALSE STORY , HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT JESUS?

And yes, religion IS a false story...

It is also a HUGE mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Jesus

edit on 19-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
jesus or no jesus i want to know how the hell we got here. I read comments on the big bang blah blah, but what happened before the big bang and before that and before that. same with religion if God created all this, well who the hell created God. and the God before God. life as we know it really is infinite.

oh atheism and religion both do not have strong proof of creation.
edit on 19-10-2012 by solizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by solizer

There was no big bang. The universe is conscious awarness. The universe was born like a child of pure awarness and creation is what we perceive it as being forms of experience. Yes its quite possible our role is to be the perceivers which create the forms in the universe as the galaxies moving outward. Jesus origin is a act of divine intervention into the experiences indicating intelligent control over universe creation.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I would feel the same way about religion as i do now... its a means of control

If it was a "false story" the writer was still brilliant!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It may of not at first been intention as a false story. Jesus may of been very real. the religion followed afterwards was false. Anything false is evil of course. The purpose of Jesus being alive may of been quite simply to let people know that the existance as been intelligently created and therefore monitored and influenced by them intelligence. The religion that came following was a mechanism to cash in on jesus and use his influence for control. There it is again we get back to control, so who is really doing the controlling behind the curtain.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Whats the go with the god damn adds in your posts?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Could you please elaborate on what your talking about??

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The purpose of Jesus being alive may of been quite simply to let people know that the existance as been intelligently created and therefore monitored and influenced by them intelligence. The religion that came following was a mechanism to cash in on jesus and use his influence for control. There it is again we get back to control, so who is really doing the controlling behind the curtain.

The purpose of Jesus being alive is to (re)connect people with God...

Jesus is the ultimate connector.

God provided a very much needed connector between humans and himself.

The word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".

The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

Jesus and religion are on opposite spectrum's,

One is the work of God, one is a man made invention.

Religion puts you in shackles but Jesus sets you free.

Religion makes you blind, but Jesus lets you see.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

There is no reason to change because this is there here and Now!.....jesus incarnation was 2 millineag ago. The question has no context to the Now..the Now is the Now and the will be is the was of the wont be so soon to be as want to be not to be real! You clear on that now?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I am sure that if you can associate your wording in a way that I can understand then we can have a conversation.... or at least an discussion.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Sorri i was just being an idiot...please forgive me. If Jesus wasnt real its not so bad. We would still have the present and our lifes to live, and we havent lost the magic of life. We can make our lives anything we dream it to be.

conversation and discussion is the honest forums for expression of ideas.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
All stories are just that, stories.
Jesus was a man who realized the truth. The truth is not a story and Jesus tried his hardest to point directly at the truth, not many followed what he was saying.
There are people around who believe they are 'followers' of Jesus but they don't follow (understand) what his message was.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There are people around who believe they are 'followers' of Jesus but they don't follow (understand) what his message was.

Itsnowagain what was his message? I admit i have never followed religion in my life and im only guessing about who Jesus really was and what he trying to achieve. What was the Purpose of Jesus life and did he understand his own purpose, or was he searching as well?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join