It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

This is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen.
I do not even understand how or why you are making a fuss.

cry and stomp your feet all you want about Obama, he is still way more mature than Romney.

AND, he will be your Commander in Chief for the next four years. So stop your lips from quivering and buckle up private, you're in for the ride!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

ok.

What about the millions of deaths under the bush presidency? You right wingers are so quick to forget his disasterous presidency. Yet for some reason you want that style of presidency back.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

This is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen.
I do not even understand how or why you are making a fuss.

cry and stomp your feet all you want about Obama, he is still way more mature than Romney.

AND, he will be your Commander in Chief for the next four years. So stop your lips from quivering and buckle up private, you're in for the ride!!!

a lot of irony in this post, and most of it, apparently uninentional

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by elouina

ok.

What about the millions of deaths under the bush presidency? You right wingers are so quick to forget his disasterous presidency. Yet for some reason you want that style of presidency back.

so you can only oppose Obama by being a Bush supporter?

I am not, now defend your little prince Obama without resorting to "what about" "what about", not a sign of confidence in the great one.

What about dead Pakistani kids, make a funny, go on

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The spin by Americans: "Even one death is too many, not optimal"

The Islamic spin: "Only 4 dead? Never enough, not optimal"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
no no Bush was never made fun of anything by the right because

1. Right wing entertainment manufacturers spun it like it was hard decisions that led us to this point.

2.Because Bush often included "God" somewhere in speeches and uses it as justification towards himself.

3.Every church could find no fault with a white man who prays to their god.

I don't like Romney at all, but seriously most of you hated him when he was possibly the GOP nomination. Now he is the GOP nomination and he is "Gods" choice.

I just pray everyday most of you realize politics are stupid, and you don't do god or any of the rest of us favors with your agitated jumping to conclusions. Both sides do this, and it is a shame that even those who are supposedly "Morally" superior are the ones who cant for five second back away from high school games.

This election is a shame, if only for the fact people picked sides for reasons they dont even know or are scared to admit publicly.

Seriously the worst election in our nations history.

Its like, we get it already, you are passionate, you dont have to step outside the bounds of reality to belittle those you don't agree with, just be realistic. Its amazing how many of us just want to have a normal conversation and cooperate on issues, than the one guy comes in who is extremely passionate about something, divides the conversation and begins to turn the willing participants into polarized ideological side picking verbal combatants getting offended all of the sudden at every word spewed from the other side!

Is god going to punish you if you don't impose your will over everybody you feel is uninformed? is god going to punish you for not trying and getting into peoples face enough and offend them? I am just not getting it or the logic of many of the actions shown by BOTH sides of this election, just very surprising that now it has devolved to this level and its of course christians right smack dab in the middle stirring the pot for absolutely NO reason other than they are not happy with every little detail of the society they are a part of.
edit on 19-10-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

No shame at all in using the deaths of Americans as political pawns and objects to push agendas.

. Strange. The deaths of Americans should be discounted lest they be politicized. The deaths of Libyans rate military intervention though? Politicizing on the right but justified on the left? Sounds like it's more of a case of different opinions of partizan political priorities.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Please, explain the irony. I would love to hear what your mental process is like.

and don't worry, Im sitting down and strapped in.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Im not even a fan of Obama. I just know he is a better choice than capitalist scavenger Romney!

And what about Pakistani deaths?

The right-wing has been responsible for waaaay more deaths the last 20 years than the democrats. Any deaths are terrible. But lets be reasonable. The democrats havent been starting full out wars.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OP, don't you find it sad that everyone is so wrapped up in their own notions, that reality eludes them?

Firstly, it bothers me that even though the President was laughing at something else, the caption under the picture is addressing the terrorist attack, as though the President was laughing at that. Doesn't the perpetration of such deliberate propaganda disturb you? It does me. This so-called news paper is obviously pushing an agenda, and is willing to be deceptive and misleading to sell it. Right in the open that even a fool can see!

By the way, I'm not sure you understood the meaning of the comment, or else you accepted the propagandized version rather than thinking it through yourself, although really there is nothing to think through. He said with a straight face that security wasn't optimal, and it needed to be fixed.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This thread is what desperation looks like.

Not to mention outright disgusting behavior of using the deaths of Americans as political pawns.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I agree. These people exhibit a scary mental disconnect with reality.
They pretend to be intellectuals arguing facts, when in reality they just don't like obama (more than likely because he is black) and will use ANYTHING to argue against him so they dont have to publicly admit they do not want a black president.

edit on 10/19/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Im not even a fan of Obama. I just know he is a better choice than capitalist scavenger Romney!

And what about Pakistani deaths?

The right-wing has been responsible for waaaay more deaths the last 20 years than the democrats. Any deaths are terrible. But lets be reasonable. The democrats havent been starting full out wars.

yeah, like the democrats were so anti Iraq invasion, and let us not forget Clinton killing Serbs, nor Obama's continued involvement in Afghanistan/Pakistan

Throw around your meaningless left wing/right terms all you want- democrat/republican, precious little difference

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

reply to post by HostileApostle

I agree. These people exhibit a scary mental disconnect with reality.
They pretend to be intellectuals arguing facts, when in reality they just don't like obama (more than likely because he is black) and will use ANYTHING to argue against him so they dont have to publicly admit they do not want a black president.

the ONLY person on this thread to have reference colour is you, so it is clearly YOU who has the racial issues (a bit like Obama if you care to study his autobiography!)

Childlike argument

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL'

He was saying it wasn't the best outcome of what was wanted in Benghazi.
The wording was odd .. but that's what he was trying to say.
Considering that the administration OUTSOURCED security for Benghazi
to locals who have traditionally had questionable loyalties .. I'd say that
the outcome in Benghazi was something that shouldn't have been a surprise.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

LOL
I guess you do not understand what I said.
I said people will grasp at any straw so they do not have to admit racism. That would be why there is no mention of color here. Because his haters will attempt to use ANYTHING (as shown by this thread) so they do not have to admit what they really believe.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Where he says what is immaterial. To worry about it is to see some kind of voodoo or magick in the words, as if there is some inferred meaning in the setting the words are said.

Obama is appealling to his core: twentysomethings. These are the folks that typically support Obama, or any democrat. So he goes on a show that his core voting block tends to see as news, and treats it like it is a news program.

Which is something to consider: how much longer will we call "The Daily Show" a "fake news program" and start calling it "and op ed news show", which is what it is.

yes, Stewart uses humor. But his humor is used to convey a message. Most often he is pro-left, but I have seen him criticize the mendacity of both parties freely.

No, Obama didn't hurt his office by going on John Stewarts show. He is being legitimized already by events like the recent Oreilly debate. And Obama just gave him a little bit more of that legitimacy.

Like it or not, John Stewart will end up being seen as the voice of a generation, mostly because of Bush and Obama. And his show is pretty funny.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I dont agree with clinton killing Serbs.

HOWEVER

He didnt need to launch a full scale invasion so his crony buddies could profit like pigs. In fact, he did this while improving the economy and creating a surplus. Fast forward to Bush, and out economy get KILLED. Which is then inherited by obama. Who gets all the blame for the economy.

makes sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

LOL
I guess you do not understand what I said.
I said people will grasp at any straw so they do not have to admit racism. That would be why there is no mention of color here. Because his haters will attempt to use ANYTHING (as shown by this thread) so they do not have to admit what they really believe.

Typically I look forward to your posts, as they are insightful and thought provoking.

Never would I think I would see you trotting out that poor, decrepit, and lame accusation of "racism" as an ad hominem against Obama criticizers. Don't you realize that the OP is nothing more than the regurgitation of manufactured outrage from one of the MSM sources? The mindless masses just take their marching orders from the daily talking points of their respective parties. I used to do the same, until I realized how pathetic I was being led around by my nose by a bunch of professional puppeteers.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

hello bigtexan! good to see you again.

Nice breakdown of the situation!

I agree the comedy central news shows have an obvious left slant. However, their arguments usually make more sense than the sewage i hear on Fox news. And it is nice to occasionally see him go after the left.

But in the end, it is a big company cable show, and they always dance to the tune of their owners.

We will never get a fully unbiased view of the current situation on any big cable network.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join