It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This whole thread is optimal in understanding misunderstandings and human intellect. It is also quite optimal in a bunch of nothings taken out of context as being something. Very few have even had anything intelligent to add, the rest are arguing over the context of a word and its interpretation in there head, in some fantasy world they seem to live in.

Have you ever seen somebody slaughter a bunch of chickens, the funny thing is after you chop the head off one or a better way cut there neck and let it bleed out, because you know if there spooked or flustered the meat is not as good as if they died a more quit death. But anyways, usually the other ones who were around when it happened and were just squawking and squabbling as they peck the ground mindlessly, will go ahead just up and walk up to the same guy who they seen chopped the head off or slaughter the other one. Sometimes quite oblivious to what is going to happen. All you really have to do to coerce them is throw a little bit of feed at the ground and grab another one for slaughter at your leisure since they don't seem to have all that great of a memory.

What I am trying to say is, that's what you all remind me of with this pointless bickering over nothing. Always squawking and pecking at the ground, right on up till the time...Well you know the rest when that time will come. After that, the two R's Rinse and Repeat.

One question? What are the chances that four years ago people were also arguing and squawking and pecking each other about something equally stupid as what is in this thread now? Lets cure the symptoms, that way we can ignore the problems. Really I am starting politics and its sideshows are unnecessary to guide the wills of the people to certain ends.

All you really need is touching pictures with moving captions underneath them, they don't even have to be based on any real facts, they just have to be touching and moving. And that is all that would probably be required of the greater majority of the population to get them moving in the directions you want them to go, since they don't seem to think about things all that much, and definitely don't pay no mind to pesky unimportant things such as facts....Chicken feed indeed.

edit on 20-10-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OK I may have been a little harsh in my other post. But still the whole thing is taken way out of context, literally making a mountain out of a molehill. It was a direct response for a direct question that just happen to use the word "optimal"

The comedy central guy asked something along the lines of is the whole situation that happened optimal?...To which the president guy said, no its not optimal. What is there to be
about. Meaning its not the best ending that could of went down and could of been better or ie optimal. What is there to misunderstand. If you do not like the word or the phrasing take it up with them, or the dictionary people, maybe they can change it to mean something more pc for you all. But that still wont change nothing on what happened, or what will happen because words are just words and they only have power when you give them power.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
I dont quite understand whats going on with this thread.

There seems to be 3 groups of people on this thread.

First off I have no love for Obama, he is a tool like all people in power, but this thread it ludicrous.

1st group who started this thread dont seem to be able to comprehend English or have a full grasp of what some words mean. They seem to be hating on the President because he is black but cant overtly say that because nobody is openly racist in America right, thats just uncivilized...right? They seem to have forgotten the Joke that was Bush and the laundry list of F#@K up he was involved in. In fact wasnt the economy in a surplus because of Clinton and then Bush takes over and the country went into like 13 trillion in debt hahaha pay attention geniuses thats a presidential FAIL.But you clowns re elected him again.

2nd group is trying to argue logic and sense into the first group but it looks harder than trying to teach quantum field theory to monkeys. They dont seem to be able to wrap their heads around the fact that they have been brainwashed to hate the president.

then there is the 3rd group which I fall into who cant understand why there would be such a long and repetitive thread about which president was better or who would make the better president when at the end of the day they all answer to the same boss. Who cares who the president is they all take their orders from the same people.

Then there is the 4th group ( which includes me ) that understands the context of "questions and answers" as being just that .. simple question .. simple answer. Not to put snippets of said conversations into a different context for the purpose of brickhousing an opinion.

Lets look at the context shall we ( I seen this brought up a few times in this thread ) ..

Stewart: "Is part of the investigation helping the communication between these divisions of Security, not just what happened in Benghazi, but what happened within? Because...I don't know...I would say even you would admit it was not the optimal reponse, at least to the American people, as far as us all being on the same page."

What was the question.. "Is part of the investigation helping the communication between these divisions of Security, not just what happened in Benghazi, but what happened within?"

Thats the question that Jon S. asked Obama. Now he then proceeded to give Obama a soft way 'Out' of his own question by suggesting a soft answer that he himself produced "Because...I don't know...I would say even you would admit it was not the optimal reponse, at least to the American people, as far as us all being on the same page". He is really asking Mr. Obama .. "didnt you guys royally screw the pooch on this one"

Obama: "This is what I will say, if four Americans get killed, it's not optimal. And we're going to fix it...."

What did Obama say was not "optimal" .. the deaths of four Americans ? ... um no .. and the same sentence "we're going to fix it" Did he mean the deaths of four Americans ? .. um no. He answered the QUESTION that was given to him.

Mr. Obama answered the question in complete honesty and due to the fact that Jon gave him a soft answer out it was the correct response.Obama basically said " Yea .. the pooch got screwed up on this one"

Obama Never said that the four Americans that got killed was not "Optimal".

He basically said that the pooch was screwed while he was in office. He actually said that in the second debate after Clinton tried to take responsibility for it ..

Both sides are grasping at straws now.

This thread is for the die hard fans period.

Spend a night at the White House and consider everything going on right now .. Hope your soul would get a good nights sleep no matter who you are..

JG.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The whole.story is optimal... It.was very bad wording, POTUS.should.have word smithed it better.

POTUS IS usually very good at this.but he.is human and he.gaffed big.time. This.poor.guys mother is even upset.

A conspiracy.no.just seemed.very distasteful.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Stats for one state dont make an election
Just keep an eye on it Gallop

As of today, R 51 O 45

It has been trending, look at the graph, since Oct 12th the gap has been steadily widening ,the undecideds are becoming "decideds" lol

In regards to Gallup specifically btw, Gallup is a 7 day poll. By tuesday, you will see the actual trending lines on that one poll.

edit on 10/20/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

And check this out too..

Electoral count
edit on 10/20/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
The whole.story is optimal... It.was very bad wording, POTUS.should.have word smithed it better.

POTUS IS usually very good at this.but he.is human and he.gaffed big.time. This.poor.guys mother is even upset.

She is upset because her son is dead. Her reaction to the "optimal" statement is just her grief being manipulated by political interests. That is just about as disgusting as the ineptitude that led to his death in the first place.

I don't know how anyone can associate with the two parties. They are repulsive.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

The killing of 4 Americans is already politicized. You know what politicizes it more? That this administration lied about it and is continuing to lie about it so that people still vote for them. Even Candy Crowley admitted she was wrong, and that it did indeed take Obama 4 weeks to admit this was a terror attack, after hanging out with celebrities and playing golf of course.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It will all be over soon, thank God! Its this way every four years. Part of who we are. If we all agreed, what a boring place it would be. So embrace the differences, and in doing so we just may learn something from one another.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

What's a travesty is that you believe he had any 'first person' contact with this event. His administration may have but not him directly, next time label Obama's administration as being said 'culprit'. Since you didn't it makes you seem out of touch and totally devoid of any common sense. Plus I agree the daily show and the colbert report are better news outlets then fox news... any day. Also Jon Stewart asked the whether or not something was 'optimal', that's why Obama gave that answer.

edit on 20-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'll make no bones about it. I dislike this president. He avoids our allies, kisses up to our enemies, and hasn't got a clue what an economy is all about. He's blown 6 trillion and we're worse off than when he started. He's left his entire public discourse up to comedy entertainment venues. This is the course a drunken frat boy would take if he was suddenly given a presidency. This all serves to make me want to condemn him for anything.

I avoid watching Obama speak as it usually gets my blood pressure up but I watched a clip of the "comedy show" in which he was discussing the assassination of his Libyan Ambassador.

John (yet another entertainment comedian discussing matters with our "president") Stewart makes the point that the security situation was not optimal. This means that it (the security situation) wasn't the best that it could be.

Obama, said that the loss of four American lives wasn't optimal. This means that the loss of four American lives (Reiterating Stewarts assertion:situation) wasn't the best it could be.

He was using the term optimal in the same way Stewart did as a conversational springboard. It didn't land well but grammatically wasn't improper and message wise did not belittle the deaths.

It did however come off as being flip and maybe could be interpreted as sarcastic.

I actually believe he was trying to say that the loss of any American lives was not a good situation.
He probably should just have worded it that way instead of playing off of Stewart's comments.

If he had not made this gaffe, he still would likely have been called out on something.

When a president spends more time on comedy central than he does doing his job, people are going to notice.
The discussion of the preventable assassination of one of his AMBASSADORS to one of his pet project countries on a COMEDY show is ultimately in bad taste and shows absolutely the lowest standards imaginable.

He will not get any slack in this situation from a thinking American even if his comment was not intended to belittle the four who died under his watch.

His performance on the show was not so much offensive as much as tasteless and irksome.

The standard that he sets by discussing these four deaths with a comedian who fancies himself a statesman on a comedy channel shows a lot about how seriously he takes the office.

Let's just say Obama's standards are "less than optimal" for the office of the president of the United States of America.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

That was interesting, and not really surprising. I am not sure why you directed your post at me however, since I have made it clear that I watch CNN and not Fox. Any special reason you aimed your post at me?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helllo

Assuming I am a republican might be your first mistake.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

That sounds like a personal attack. You might want to edit your post.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
How is this even on front page? Are people really that desperate trying to make everything antiobama?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by popcornmafia

She is upset because her son is dead. Her reaction to the "optimal" statement is just her grief being manipulated by political interests. That is just about as disgusting as the ineptitude that led to his death in the first place.

I don't know how anyone can associate with the two parties. They are repulsive.

I don't I am independent, I just in my own world feel terrible for this mother, and POTUS should have
said a tragedy or a horrific event but not optimal sounds weird. A word that can be taken a few different ways. It is just words but he needs as POTUS to be
careful when this wound is still so fresh.
edit on 20-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
How is this even on front page? Are people really that desperate trying to make everything antiobama?

Unfortunately yes. It's ignorance and desperation, just like how people tried to make a big deal over Romneys binder comment.

It's like trying to make sense of the homeless guy rambling on the street corner. Intelligent people will never understand it and shouldn't try

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Obama doesn't care. He's a self-centered nihilist. The next president we get will be the same. These people don't give a flying f about us.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Glen Doherty was a friend. We didn't know each other well, we'd met through another SEAL friend. We were in the process of working through his book, and we'd exchanged many e-mails as folks do. We talked about the broken arm he suffered just a few months ago after being hit by a car on his bike, and the last e-mail I sent him was "Hey, goofy, no bike riding in Libya!"

He was a warrior, a hero, and a fantastic man. His actions on 9/11/12, had he still been active duty, would have warranted a Navy Cross or MoH. He and Ty gave their lives and fought like true American Warriors.

That's all I've got for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

MsAphrodite, I have no preconceived notions nor alternate agenda.
I directed my comment to you because it is your thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This thread is Hilarious.

but for all the wrong reasons.

I dont get why they think Obama is doing any worse of a job than Bush did. The guy was a blithering IDIOT!! He put the country 15 trillion in debt. You guys are like gold fish with 3 second memories lol.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join